Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ilias Chair 20:38 - Feb 12 with 5992 viewsOldPedro

Interview in the Independent - worth a read

[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 20:47]

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Ilias Chair on 08:58 - Feb 24 with 1188 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ilias Chair on 22:44 - Feb 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Another article.

https://theathletic.com/2403522/2021/02/23/ilias-chair-from-playing-barefoot-aga

Thanks Bazz.

Lovely article, and more than the usual one-dimensional stuff too. The Athletic is great at stuff like this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ilias Chair on 09:57 - Feb 24 with 1093 viewskernowhoop

He is a great talent... but, when I picture him playing, the first thing that comes to mind is him dribbling across the pitch, a few yards outside the penalty area, looking for a chance to shoot. Granted, he has five goals to his name, but I would like to see the passing side of his game develop. Not just passes, which an ordinary player can do, but the sort of passes that do damage. No doubt that will come, but I hope that the club is working on this - when they get time.
Ilias Chair on 10:08 - Feb 24 with 1067 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ilias Chair on 09:57 - Feb 24 by kernowhoop

He is a great talent... but, when I picture him playing, the first thing that comes to mind is him dribbling across the pitch, a few yards outside the penalty area, looking for a chance to shoot. Granted, he has five goals to his name, but I would like to see the passing side of his game develop. Not just passes, which an ordinary player can do, but the sort of passes that do damage. No doubt that will come, but I hope that the club is working on this - when they get time.

The article quotes Chair as saying that Wrburton works with him every day - chats, video analysis - on how to improve his game.

I agree that the next step is more long passing.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ilias Chair on 10:57 - Feb 24 with 1036 viewsrsonist

Let's have a go at this new craze all the cool kids are doing.

🔵 Interesting technical schooling at JMG Academy in Belgium which taught barefoot, even playing against booted opposition
🔵 Misses Eze and Bright a lot: "They are my brothers for life"
🔵 Eze "said to me that on a technical basis I would cope. It is the work off the ball and the intensity which is higher. They are the two main things which he had to improve.”
🔵 "It is not acceptable to go and cuss people out and use the disgusting words they do on social media. The abusers don’t know what players are going through. It needs to change and players need to be protected. These people have no profile picture or information of who they are. Don’t waffle words behind a computer – it is small and disrespectful."
🔵 Huge praise for MW, 'The pair talk constantly and have individual meetings where Warburton will watch footage with his midfielder and highlight areas for him to improve' “He has not changed all season; he’s been on me every single day in a good way,” says Chair. “He is making me better, every single pass or control he looks at me and tells me it needs to be better. Run harder, work harder. He motivates me and has my best interests at heart; it makes me a better player.”
🔵... and Les, Chris, Imps, Paul Hall: “They have put me in the position I am in today,” he says. “I see them as friends. I can talk about family or anything with them. I came over from Belgium as a youngster, stayed in digs, stayed with a family and they were supporting me every day.
Also, if I have a bad game, they are the only ones who have the balls to tell me I was crap. I appreciate them for how they have and still treat me. They mean so much to me. QPR have given me everything since day one. I felt like I needed to give back to the club and the fans.”
Ilias Chair on 10:59 - Feb 24 with 1030 viewsrsonist

And if that's too much copyrighted material bollox to those grifters anyway.

Ilias Chair on 11:05 - Feb 24 with 1008 viewsfrancisbowles

Ilias Chair on 10:59 - Feb 24 by rsonist

And if that's too much copyrighted material bollox to those grifters anyway.

Thanks rsonist. The Chair quotes are great and the second bit is illuminating about the betting company sponsorship.
Ilias Chair on 12:48 - Feb 24 with 947 viewsDieByYourSide

Reading too much into it or interesting that the club are lining him up with interviews now? Trying to build public perception of him as Eze 2.0? Not being borne out in the numbers of late

Poll: And it's hi ho

Ilias Chair on 13:25 - Feb 24 with 907 viewsrsonist

Ilias Chair on 12:48 - Feb 24 by DieByYourSide

Reading too much into it or interesting that the club are lining him up with interviews now? Trying to build public perception of him as Eze 2.0? Not being borne out in the numbers of late

I don't think we've ascended to "Ilias Chair, how good is he?" levels of investigative journalism just yet.
Login to get fewer ads

Ilias Chair on 13:43 - Feb 24 with 886 viewsswisscottage

Ilias Chair on 12:48 - Feb 24 by DieByYourSide

I don't think that is the case. I think it would be unfair to make comparisons to Eze who is a once in a generation player for us.

Chair is currently the main flair player at a club that cherishes its flair players. To talk him up and having him as a 'poster boy' is only natural. I don't think anyone at the club, least of all himself can put him in the Eze category, at least not yet.
Ilias Chair on 14:52 - Feb 24 with 853 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ilias Chair on 14:15 - Feb 13 by Esox_Lucius

Remarkable talent and fortitude. It's hard to believe that it is only a few seasons ago that the U23's featured Manning, Smyth, BOS, Eze, Tilt, Chair and Shodipo all in the same side.

Sorry I fcuked up and hit the down arrow by mistake Esox and could not reverse it .
I was thinking of those players you mentioned being here today with our new strength at the back ,excellent keeper and Charlie up top what a team we would have .
Ilias Chair on 15:13 - Feb 24 with 831 viewsTacticalR

Ilias Chair on 14:52 - Feb 24 by CLAREMAN1995

Sorry I fcuked up and hit the down arrow by mistake Esox and could not reverse it .
I was thinking of those players you mentioned being here today with our new strength at the back ,excellent keeper and Charlie up top what a team we would have .

CLAREMAN1995, if you have accidentally downvoted a post, you can effectively 'cancel' your down arrow vote, by also up arrow voting on the same post.

Air hostess clique

Ilias Chair on 15:46 - Feb 24 with 792 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ilias Chair on 15:13 - Feb 24 by TacticalR

CLAREMAN1995, if you have accidentally downvoted a post, you can effectively 'cancel' your down arrow vote, by also up arrow voting on the same post.

Thank you for the help TacticalR i tried to upvote but it wont let me I will be more careful from now on as I am certainly not the smartest tool in the shed with technology
Ilias Chair on 16:37 - Feb 24 with 757 viewsTacticalR

Ilias Chair on 15:46 - Feb 24 by CLAREMAN1995

Thank you for the help TacticalR i tried to upvote but it wont let me I will be more careful from now on as I am certainly not the smartest tool in the shed with technology

CLAREMAN1995, you are right, the system used to let you cancel out your own vote, but it doesn't let you do this anymore.

Update: I just tried it again, and it worked! I upvoted and downvoted on your last post, and now it's back to 0.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 16:40]

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024