Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St Patrick’s Day 13:54 - Mar 17 with 2005 viewsjohncharles

Unbelievable scenes across the country. No Guinness flowing in the pubs. Must be the worst day in the history of Guinness. One to tell your grandchildren. ☘️

Strong and stable my arse.

St Patrick’s Day on 13:55 - Mar 17 with 1998 viewsTheChef

I could really use a Guinness right now.

Will pop to the offy later.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

St Patrick’s Day on 14:04 - Mar 17 with 1954 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was in the old Wag Club (o'Neils?) one St Paddy's Saturday with a group of Saffas and an Aussie girl.

All I wanted was a drink or 3.

Effin' 2 deep at the bar. I'm never central on that day after that.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 14:04]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

St Patrick’s Day on 14:08 - Mar 17 with 1933 viewsBoston

St Patrick’s Day on 14:04 - Mar 17 by Metallica_Hoop

I was in the old Wag Club (o'Neils?) one St Paddy's Saturday with a group of Saffas and an Aussie girl.

All I wanted was a drink or 3.

Effin' 2 deep at the bar. I'm never central on that day after that.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 14:04]

I was in the old Whisky a Go Go (Wag) one...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

St Patrick’s Day on 14:23 - Mar 17 with 1895 viewsstowmarketrange

St Patrick’s Day on 13:55 - Mar 17 by TheChef

I could really use a Guinness right now.

Will pop to the offy later.

My Mrs just bought me some Guinness cheap from Tesco as the packaging was damaged.The trouble is that its original Guinness cans rather than my usual draught Guinness cans.I haven’t had one of those for years.Does it taste as bad as it used to do?
St Patrick’s Day on 14:32 - Mar 17 with 1881 viewsMick_S

St Patrick’s Day on 14:23 - Mar 17 by stowmarketrange

My Mrs just bought me some Guinness cheap from Tesco as the packaging was damaged.The trouble is that its original Guinness cans rather than my usual draught Guinness cans.I haven’t had one of those for years.Does it taste as bad as it used to do?

I prefer it - must be the fizz. Think I might be on my own here.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

St Patrick’s Day on 14:44 - Mar 17 with 1846 viewsstowmarketrange

St Patrick’s Day on 14:32 - Mar 17 by Mick_S

I prefer it - must be the fizz. Think I might be on my own here.

It is a few years since I drank the original stuff,so i’ll give it a try soon.I have 2 more nights to do and then I’ve got 12 nights off,and they might given a taste test then.
Do they have to be chilled like the draught ones do?
St Patrick’s Day on 14:48 - Mar 17 with 1832 viewsMick_S

St Patrick’s Day on 14:44 - Mar 17 by stowmarketrange

It is a few years since I drank the original stuff,so i’ll give it a try soon.I have 2 more nights to do and then I’ve got 12 nights off,and they might given a taste test then.
Do they have to be chilled like the draught ones do?

I'd say so.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

St Patrick’s Day on 15:13 - Mar 17 with 1785 viewsstowmarketrange

St Patrick’s Day on 14:48 - Mar 17 by Mick_S

I'd say so.

Cheers mate.
Login to get fewer ads

St Patrick’s Day on 15:20 - Mar 17 with 1764 viewsMrSheen

I used to much prefer the old pint bottle to draught. Not good for the guts, though.
St Patrick’s Day on 15:56 - Mar 17 with 1711 viewsjohncharles

St Patrick’s Day on 14:23 - Mar 17 by stowmarketrange

It tastes like Guinness. “Draught” Guinness in a can doesn’t taste like Guinness in a pub.

Whoops, got on my hobby horse there.

St Patrick’s Day on 15:59 - Mar 17 with 1696 viewsjohncharles

St Patrick’s Day on 15:20 - Mar 17 by MrSheen

I used to much prefer the old pint bottle to draught. Not good for the guts, though.

Used to know a few retired guys who had worked at Park Royal and they always drank the bottle Guinness

St Patrick’s Day on 16:03 - Mar 17 with 1687 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

St Patrick’s Day on 16:43 - Mar 17 with 1624 viewsMrSheen

St Patrick’s Day on 15:59 - Mar 17 by johncharles

Used to know a few retired guys who had worked at Park Royal and they always drank the bottle Guinness

My first job after college was at Park Royal. In their hearts, the brewers saw Draught as a passing fad and bottled as the real drink. Still wasn't pasteurised then so bottle conditioned, and they had taste panels to review returned bottles from around the Guinness global empire and identify different wild yeast infections (I failed the test, heartbroken). They reckoned each wild yeast could be linked to a particular process failure that needed fixing.

Bottled was an old people's drink with a medicinal image while draught was young and cool. As bottles spent more time on the shelf and thus were more prone to infection and expensive recall, they just gave up the fight and routinely pasteurised everything, which spoiled the flavour while levelling quality and sent the product into further decline, alas.

When I was a kid visiting on holiday, Ballyporeen's pubs sold more bottles than draught (took the waiting out of wanting too), but all the fridge space that used to belong to big bottles of stout was lost to cider years ago, and you're lucky to get a warm dusty half-pint if you ask for a bottle now.

I never got to understand why old-fashioned canned Guinness tasted so awful.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 16:43]
St Patrick’s Day on 19:08 - Mar 17 with 1534 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024