Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s Friday, but I’m looking forward to Wednesday Thread 15:28 - Apr 9 with 18706 viewsBoston

Barring Bannan, they’re bollox.

Rangers 3. SWFC. 1
[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 15:29]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

It’s Friday, but I’m looking forward to Wednesday Thread on 20:14 - Apr 10 with 933 viewsBoston

It’s Friday, but I’m looking forward to Wednesday Thread on 18:03 - Apr 10 by ManinBlack

Yes a very pleasing win as without Austin and the Owls getting a morale boosting win last time out, and having won 3-0 on their last visit when we had nothing to play for, I feared a repeat.

One good thing about not going up is avoiding VAR and these ridiculous disallowed goals for being level. You can get away with things in this league as we did today except for retrospective suspensions.

Great win as Wednesday had more to play for but I am at a loss to understand how they beat Cardiff 5-0 on Monday. We can't match that margin of victory. Still a zero GD but then you look at Norwich with a plus 37 GD and 34 points clear of us and see the big strides we still need to make.

Just to spoil my day a bit, Eze gifted Chelsea their first goal and now its 3-0. You can get away with it from taking on players outside your box in our league but very risky in the Premier league as the gift is likely to be accepted.

Yeah but, if the league had started on Jan1st we would be in a Play Off position. Improve, sure, but we'll do fine if we can maintain.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

It’s Friday, but I’m looking forward to Wednesday Thread on 20:17 - Apr 10 with 916 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It’s Friday, but I’m looking forward to Wednesday Thread on 19:46 - Apr 10 by Myke

Bannan head and shoulders the best player on the park today. Never wasted a single ball. He must be screaming inside with frustration when he sees the ineptitude of his team-mates. Johansen very quiet for the second game in a row, this time with Field beside him, possibly running out of gas after playing a lot of football recently, having played none at all before that. He and Charlie have done their job, so hats off to both of them.
Next big question is can we kick on without either of them next season? Dykes form seems to indicate he has come of age at Championship level, but mid-field could be more problematic, even with Field, unless Amos can hit the ground running.
Super win today. Never 3 goals between the sides, but we'll take it.

Agree that Bannan was MOTM, even up to the last minute where he was battling back in one of his corner flags.

Johansen was still very solid, I thought - looked for the ball at every stage, and prompted us forward continually. He's so much better than anything we've had in there for years. We're beginning to take him for granted. I thought we looked more solid in the centre with him and Field reunited, though they left us exposed for the Wednesday goal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

It’s Friday, but I’m looking forward to Wednesday Thread on 20:20 - Apr 10 with 892 viewsdannyblue

It’s Friday, but I’m looking forward to Wednesday Thread on 20:17 - Apr 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree that Bannan was MOTM, even up to the last minute where he was battling back in one of his corner flags.

Johansen was still very solid, I thought - looked for the ball at every stage, and prompted us forward continually. He's so much better than anything we've had in there for years. We're beginning to take him for granted. I thought we looked more solid in the centre with him and Field reunited, though they left us exposed for the Wednesday goal.

Think the wednesday goal was too many pressing at once, when the press wasn't really on, leaving a ragged understaffed back line with lots of gaps. Barbet was in De Wijs's position. Dickie and De Wijs had been drawn forward. Wallace was in his own position and could't get across quickly enough although he tried.
It’s Friday, but I’m looking forward to Wednesday Thread on 20:48 - Apr 10 with 835 viewsrsonist

It’s Friday, but I’m looking forward to Wednesday Thread on 17:51 - Apr 10 by Northernr

Pleased George Thomas came on and made significant impact too. There's a player there if we can get him fit.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-allays-chair-injury-worries-but-tho

“I have a lot of time for George. He started the season but he got that injury which was worse than anyone realised,” said Warburton.“You are then playing catch-up throughout the season and then he picked up another niggling injury.

“But he was very good in a B-team game against Watford a couple of weeks back; great energy, forward runs, and we saw that from him today. His timing is good, his energy is good and his quality is good.”
It’s Friday, but I’m looking forward to Wednesday Thread on 22:10 - Apr 10 with 703 viewsMyke

It’s Friday, but I’m looking forward to Wednesday Thread on 20:48 - Apr 10 by rsonist

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-allays-chair-injury-worries-but-tho

“I have a lot of time for George. He started the season but he got that injury which was worse than anyone realised,” said Warburton.“You are then playing catch-up throughout the season and then he picked up another niggling injury.

“But he was very good in a B-team game against Watford a couple of weeks back; great energy, forward runs, and we saw that from him today. His timing is good, his energy is good and his quality is good.”

I must admit, whenever I have a conversation about the shape and make-up of our midfield next season I often forget completely about Thomas. When we signed him, I knew very little about him. In my head he was a Jamie Mackie type, lots of energy, but maybe not technically brilliant. Unfortunately, we never got to see much of him (probably when we needed him most in Nov/Dec he was injured) Then with the midfield reinforcements in Jan, he didn't get much of a look in. But I liked what I saw today and he does not have a history of being injury prone. Next year will be a big one for him, he could be an uimportant player for us
It’s Friday, but I’m looking forward to Wednesday Thread on 10:21 - Apr 11 with 469 viewsthemodfather

owls had a difficult start with the pts deduction, they rallied and the deduction was reduced, bar the shock 5-0 win v cardiff, they have struggled and look down. harsh from me but rather them than us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024