Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfer rumours thread 12:34 - May 13 with 214408 viewsFrankRightguard

I’ll start with a bit of Twitter tittle tattle, Andre Dozzell from Ipswich

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:00 - Jun 16 with 5488 viewsMyke

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:55 - Jun 16 by gazza1

Very harsh.....have you ever played the game??

ooooh you hurt my feelings and you are always soooo supportive of EVERY player
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:13 - Jun 16 with 5419 viewsBazzeR

If the club secure the transfer of Stephan Johansen is it financially realistic to think about bringing in more players ?

Even if the players are coming in on a free transfer that normally equates to higher wage demands.

I wouldn’t be too upset if Liam Kelly was retained and we go again with the current squad.

Maybe a few loans in Jan if we are in real contention of a top 6 spot?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:25 - Jun 16 with 5355 viewsdmm

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:05 - Jun 16 by rsonist

Sean Gallagher has chased that ITK off now 😁

Truth unfortunately feels both lazier and more far-fetched than the fiction for once ironically.

Just seen that. ITKQPR has deleted its account!
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:29 - Jun 16 with 5340 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:25 - Jun 16 by dmm

Just seen that. ITKQPR has deleted its account!

"I know you follow me with your real account" was pretty pointed.

QPR twitter is a very, very, very odd place.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:33 - Jun 16 with 5316 viewssprocket

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:29 - Jun 16 by Northernr

It might have been a kid but don't think so...

You got to wonder why someone would do something like that? World is full of weird people.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:41 - Jun 16 with 5287 viewsdmm

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:29 - Jun 16 by Northernr

Yeah, I'm pretty selective with what I follow on Twitter when it comes to QPR. I so much prefer the calm and collected sanity of LfW.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:44 - Jun 16 with 5279 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:41 - Jun 16 by dmm

Yeah, I'm pretty selective with what I follow on Twitter when it comes to QPR. I so much prefer the calm and collected sanity of LfW.

There is no more damning indictment of QPR Twitter than that statement
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:52 - Jun 16 with 5243 viewsmikeygunn

I’m exactly the same, only a handful, LFW (obvs), the podcast gang and a few mates. Loads of odd people about and I don’t even search for them! Even blocked a few for bile spewing on some subjects.

Anyway, happy with the business so far, if we get JoJo then the summer is complete!
Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:49 - Jun 16 with 4964 viewsdannyblue

Dave Mc says after George Cox at Fortuna Sittard
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-looking-to-sign-fortuna-sittard-left-bac

Reads like a very 'us' signing. 23. health problems. promising. David Weir link.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 13:01]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:03 - Jun 16 with 4855 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:05 - Jun 16 by rsonist

Sean Gallagher has chased that ITK off now 😁

Truth unfortunately feels both lazier and more far-fetched than the fiction for once ironically.

Lolz

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:30 - Jun 16 with 4704 viewsrsonist

Not sure Davie Weir likes Warbs all that much to be honest. Brighton have /have had some decent U23s (Jayson Molumby, Taylor Richards, Max Sanders, Ryan Longman) and he's only ever dumped Mlakar on us.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:00 - Jun 16 with 4609 viewsderbyhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:13 - Jun 16 by BazzeR

If the club secure the transfer of Stephan Johansen is it financially realistic to think about bringing in more players ?

Even if the players are coming in on a free transfer that normally equates to higher wage demands.

I wouldn’t be too upset if Liam Kelly was retained and we go again with the current squad.

Maybe a few loans in Jan if we are in real contention of a top 6 spot?

It seems likely that Kane is on his way out. I wouldn't be comfortable with Kakay as only RB.
Wallace is 33 and I don't think Niko has convinced many fans that he is Championship quality.
If we take Kane and Carroll off the wage bill, to add to Lumley, probably Kelly, Smyth and Oteh, 2 new FBs are unlikely to lead to a serious increase in costs.

Odubajo could prove a cheap addition and George Cox is right age and experience with possible added value. I suspect the first is more likely then second.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:52 - Jun 16 with 4450 viewsDavieQPR

Free transfers normally equate to higher wages but these are not normal times with a lot of players grateful of anything. Lots of players out of contract are in for a big wake up call.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:46 - Jun 16 with 4260 viewsTheChef

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:52 - Jun 16 by DavieQPR

Free transfers normally equate to higher wages but these are not normal times with a lot of players grateful of anything. Lots of players out of contract are in for a big wake up call.

Hmmm yes a lot of players are going to think 'oh I can get a better offer elsewhere' and then find out that might not be the case.

Hence it will be interesting to see where Carroll ends up if we don't give him an improved offer.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:51 - Jun 16 with 4237 viewsSott

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:46 - Jun 16 by TheChef

Hmmm yes a lot of players are going to think 'oh I can get a better offer elsewhere' and then find out that might not be the case.

Hence it will be interesting to see where Carroll ends up if we don't give him an improved offer.

In the piece on George Cox it says Carroll has now left
Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:55 - Jun 16 with 4050 viewsBAWHoops

If they bring in Cox and Adubajo to go alongside the 4 loans and Dozell then that looks a very very good window to me

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Summer transfer rumours thread on 21:22 - Jun 16 with 3712 viewsrsonist

Remember when Fernandes always used to wheel out his spiel about his deep admiration for Everton's stability and prudence and longevity. Yeah...
Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:08 - Jun 16 with 3527 viewsjoolsyp

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:51 - Jun 16 by Sott

In the piece on George Cox it says Carroll has now left

Interesting piece on Fortuna Sittard referencing Cox:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/05/finishing-school-fortuna-sittar
Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:31 - Jun 16 with 3434 viewsrsonist

https://theathletic.com/1975901/2020/08/17/george-cox-fortuna-sittard-ben-white/

“It’s like a different sport, compared to League Two,” he says. “You can compare it slightly to the under-23s, but it steps up in every aspect. Technically, you are getting better players, the players are a lot cleverer than 17- or 18-year-olds, it’s so much quicker.

“One thing I got told is it’s technically fantastic but very slow. But it’s how slow you want to make it – if you are playing against a team that need points or teams at the top, it’s not slow football; Ajax play Champions League, they are not going to be playing slow football.

“If I was to say the next step for me would be to go to the Championship, it would not be a huge difference. The biggest difference would be in the physicality. That’s the thing I’d notice the most, not the technical side. For me, being 21 and not very big, it was perfect.”
Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:50 - Jun 16 with 3388 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:31 - Jun 16 by rsonist

https://theathletic.com/1975901/2020/08/17/george-cox-fortuna-sittard-ben-white/

“It’s like a different sport, compared to League Two,” he says. “You can compare it slightly to the under-23s, but it steps up in every aspect. Technically, you are getting better players, the players are a lot cleverer than 17- or 18-year-olds, it’s so much quicker.

“One thing I got told is it’s technically fantastic but very slow. But it’s how slow you want to make it – if you are playing against a team that need points or teams at the top, it’s not slow football; Ajax play Champions League, they are not going to be playing slow football.

“If I was to say the next step for me would be to go to the Championship, it would not be a huge difference. The biggest difference would be in the physicality. That’s the thing I’d notice the most, not the technical side. For me, being 21 and not very big, it was perfect.”

Why am I reading this in a Steve McLaren Dutch accent?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 06:36 - Jun 17 with 3175 viewsdmm

George Cox appears to be a good fit for us but how much would he cost?

But what to do with Niko Hamalainen? He takes baby steps in his development and, should we bring Cox in, is unlikely to feature in the first team next season. He's got another 3 years on his contract. Surely sell on, loan out or maybe Fortuna Sittard would consider a part exchange?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 07:34 - Jun 17 with 3071 viewsQPRSteve

Summer transfer rumours thread on 06:36 - Jun 17 by dmm

George Cox appears to be a good fit for us but how much would he cost?

But what to do with Niko Hamalainen? He takes baby steps in his development and, should we bring Cox in, is unlikely to feature in the first team next season. He's got another 3 years on his contract. Surely sell on, loan out or maybe Fortuna Sittard would consider a part exchange?

One of the reports I read suggested that he is out of contract this summer.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 07:47 - Jun 17 with 3034 viewsBazzeR

I would think Niko Hamaalainen will spend the majority of his upcoming season in the B team with perhaps Yohan Barbet or Sam Field deputising for Lee Wallace.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 08:15 - Jun 17 with 2949 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 07:34 - Jun 17 by QPRSteve

One of the reports I read suggested that he is out of contract this summer.

He isn't, he signed a three year deal after his loan ended.

Fortuna aren't a wealthy club even before you consider the current circumstances though and it's unlikely Cox won't have made some arrangement with one eye on his next step in agreeing to the move.

Think this one is a real test of our scouting chops. Looks to be technically proficient and his numbers are certainly eye-catching but there are a ton of mitigating factors to adjust for in judging whether they're transferable to this division. Get carried away and we'll just have two Nikos to umm and ahh about. (Looking at it the other way around and asking why Niko wouldn't also be a good Eredivisie fullback is probably a great place to start).

Not much back in these wing-backs that's for sure...
[Post edited 17 Jun 2021 8:18]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 08:28 - Jun 17 with 2903 viewsrsonist

Warming (perhaps forcedly) to the idea of Odubajo but would be interested to hear from our Brentford lads exactly how they felt his injury changed him on his year back. He doesn't seem to have had a lot of related injuries since or lost a yard of pace or anything despite the general line being he's not the same player.

Nothing but pages and pages of criticism from Wednesday fans but they're a sh1tshow I can be persuaded to write off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024