Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report 18:19 - Sep 15 with 3217 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55761
QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 19:43 - Sep 15 with 2995 viewsflynnbo

Pubes in your pint?? My word.
QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 21:17 - Sep 15 with 2763 viewscolinallcars

Refuse to play with Stroud in charge. Way back in the fifties, I believe Rangers refused to play with a clown of a ref called Reg Leafe in charge.
I believe Leafe actually went on to ref a World Cup game amazingly.
I was a little too young to remember the full details.
QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 00:17 - Sep 16 with 2483 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Thanks Clive

Does anyone know how much longer is Sam Field out for?

Cheers
QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 06:54 - Sep 16 with 2360 viewsnix

With you all the way here Clive.

I don't know why so many people are defending Stroud. It's not just that it affected us but I also don't understand why anyone can say definitively that being fouled every time you break with the ball won't affect the outcome. How the hell do you know that? From my watching of the game, teams are far more likely to score when the defence is stretched and there are spaces to run into than when they can defend a dead ball situation. That's why they commit the cynical foul.

Also, I don't want to watch matches where the best players are chopped off at the knees or hauled back with someone trying to wear their shirt. I know we could say both teams can do that. So yes with this new softly, softly, don't book the cynical bastards approach that came in in the Euros, it's better to join them cos we can't beat them by not doing it too. Until the tide turns and they realise that it's spoiling the spectacle, then we have to join in too. And yes we should have hauled the guy back who was running through us for the second goal as that's what they would have done. And they probably wouldn't have scored. So it's possibly only 1-0 at half time.

But FFS I don't know how it improves the game. And we still seem to be left with the other end of the scale, the cynical dive in three parts favoured by Charlie and Stefan, if the number of freekicks won by Ojaria at Reading is anything to go by.
QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 08:58 - Sep 16 with 2221 viewsjoe90

Poor refereeing aside, I didn't think we'd win this game and wasn't surprised to see us 2-0 down at half time.

We've had some entertaining games so far this season but the problems are obvious - we concede too many goals and haven't won enough games.

If we're talking about this side being promotion contenders, then this is a problem. If we're talking about this sides performance in relation to previous seasons, then everything's great.

I'm pleased with how it's going for us, but I don't see us getting in the playoffs. I think the future is uncertain, the next step for us as a club is massive and I don't think we're ready.
QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 09:38 - Sep 16 with 2150 viewsDesertBoot

We are only four points behind Fulham so the "haven't won enough games" is a strange comment. Sure the GA column is filling up too quickly as of late but we have Amos back and Field to come which I hope will see them in rather than Dominic Ball.

Wish I could be like David Watts

QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 09:44 - Sep 16 with 2135 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 08:58 - Sep 16 by joe90

Poor refereeing aside, I didn't think we'd win this game and wasn't surprised to see us 2-0 down at half time.

We've had some entertaining games so far this season but the problems are obvious - we concede too many goals and haven't won enough games.

If we're talking about this side being promotion contenders, then this is a problem. If we're talking about this sides performance in relation to previous seasons, then everything's great.

I'm pleased with how it's going for us, but I don't see us getting in the playoffs. I think the future is uncertain, the next step for us as a club is massive and I don't think we're ready.

these days, almost no team is ready for that step up.

We'll probably finish top 6 imo. We're a good side with a good manager and good players to come back.

Bare bones.

QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 10:02 - Sep 16 with 2101 viewsdaveB

The first goal although Dickie is gonna cop the blame and it was a bad mistake but it did come from something we do too often at the moment especially in the first half of games. We had a throw in about half way into their half, pushed players forward and rather than try and get a cross into the box or work the ball down the line we went safety first and the ball was back with Deing within 3 passes, with the midfield high up the pitch that left us wide open to a high press from Bournemouth which they did really well. That's happened a few times this season against Coventry and Barnsley without us being punished.

I don't mind when we go backwards to keep the ball moving and try and create angles and space to get forward but do think we need to show a bit more urgency going forward in the first half of games and try and take a few more risks in the oppositions half.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 10:53 - Sep 16 with 2017 viewsboysfromthebush

QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 08:58 - Sep 16 by joe90

Jesus Christ - this must be a fishing post.

We've lost one game (against a side that cost 100 mill may I add), and it's the middle of September. The future is uncertain?

I'd hate to have heard your thoughts when we were going into the 01/02 season with 7 players.

Agree about the leaking of goals, but why can't we just enjoy the journey? This team is special and moments like Stef's goal at Reading are all part of the ride.

We're going somewhere as a club for the first time in years
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 10:53]
QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 11:01 - Sep 16 with 1999 viewsstainrods_elbow

We do have some issues with the balance and game management of the side, but I'll be really disappointed if this team isn't challenging in the top 6 to the end. We're four points off the top two, should have beaten Reading, and incontestably deserved a point against a skilful but disgustingly cynical Bournemouth, who certainly benefited more than we did from Stroud's shocking display.

Clive is right that the referee spoiled and damaged a game that had much to enjoy in it, albeit the likes of Zemura, Billing and Smith I can only wish season-ending ACLs on today. I've reviewed the Willock 'kick' on the Offish, and, though technically punishable by a red, it made Beckham's raised leg on Simeone against Argentina look like a murder attempt. If Willock had slapped him with a chicken drumstick, it would have hurt more. Never mind the fact that Smith had viciously body charged him and then sent the ball into touch to delay the game without even a booking to make it happen, and, as Warburton pointed out, Willock had been targeted all through the game from start to finish. If he'd been dismissed, it would have been a travesty.

In a way, it's a compliment to us that an otherwise ballplaying team with some Prem credentials treated us with such contempt. We can't know, but if the game had been refereed competently and played with some semblance of fairness, I suspect we'd have drawn or won it, The incident at the end with Zemura throwing the ball into the crowd in full view of the linesman told us all we needed to know about the level of incompetence, cheating or corruption (quite likely all three) that blights the performances of officials at this level, and that the EFL simply don't have the bottle or integrity to deal with. In the end, it's the fans who are treated like mugs for putting up with it, and it's one of the big reasons why, though I'll always love QPR, pro football, unlike for Clive, isn't the thing I love most as once it was and never could be again.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 11:03]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 11:15 - Sep 16 with 1972 viewsjoe90

QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 10:53 - Sep 16 by boysfromthebush

Jesus Christ - this must be a fishing post.

We've lost one game (against a side that cost 100 mill may I add), and it's the middle of September. The future is uncertain?

I'd hate to have heard your thoughts when we were going into the 01/02 season with 7 players.

Agree about the leaking of goals, but why can't we just enjoy the journey? This team is special and moments like Stef's goal at Reading are all part of the ride.

We're going somewhere as a club for the first time in years
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 10:53]

I am enjoying the journey, but that doesn't stop us analysing games and thinking/wondering/guessing where we're going.
QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 12:50 - Sep 16 with 1839 viewsStanisgod

QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 09:38 - Sep 16 by DesertBoot

We are only four points behind Fulham so the "haven't won enough games" is a strange comment. Sure the GA column is filling up too quickly as of late but we have Amos back and Field to come which I hope will see them in rather than Dominic Ball.

Amazing how Amos has now become some sort of saviour when most people wanted him on the bench before his injury!!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 13:12 - Sep 16 with 1816 viewsBazzeR

Despite only notching a couple of goals previously Amos looked a regular goal scorer to me.
QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 13:22 - Sep 16 with 1799 viewshantssi

Bournemouth fans on the BBC comments section of the match report also thought the ref was biased but in our favour!!
QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 14:49 - Sep 16 with 1719 viewsQPRSteve

Keith Stroud born in Bournemouth according to this site:

https://www.bdfutbol.com/en/r/r611322.html

How the fück is he allowed to ref their games?

I know he is supposed to support Luton, but I'd say the same if it mean't I'd never have to visit the place.
QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 14:52 - Sep 16 with 1708 viewsNorthernr

QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 14:49 - Sep 16 by QPRSteve

Keith Stroud born in Bournemouth according to this site:

https://www.bdfutbol.com/en/r/r611322.html

How the fück is he allowed to ref their games?

I know he is supposed to support Luton, but I'd say the same if it mean't I'd never have to visit the place.

Yeh this was brought up last season when he refereed three of their games and they won by an aggregate score 9-1.
QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 16:58 - Sep 16 with 1561 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 10:02 - Sep 16 by daveB

The first goal although Dickie is gonna cop the blame and it was a bad mistake but it did come from something we do too often at the moment especially in the first half of games. We had a throw in about half way into their half, pushed players forward and rather than try and get a cross into the box or work the ball down the line we went safety first and the ball was back with Deing within 3 passes, with the midfield high up the pitch that left us wide open to a high press from Bournemouth which they did really well. That's happened a few times this season against Coventry and Barnsley without us being punished.

I don't mind when we go backwards to keep the ball moving and try and create angles and space to get forward but do think we need to show a bit more urgency going forward in the first half of games and try and take a few more risks in the oppositions half.

Excellent points and also Clive's on the same subject in the report.

Its from the latest coaches manual I think, where possession, especially early on in the match is everything.

So as Clive said, we only take 'risks' and play at a higher tempo and attempt more difficult passes when we have to.
QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 20:31 - Sep 16 with 1359 viewsPhilmyRs

Good report, agree with most of it. Actually thought not booking Smith when he clearly fouled Willock to prevent the break away and then kicking the ball away after the whistle went was the most annoying decision of his, and yes, was a clear red for willock too.

In terms of player ratings the only one id disagree with strongly was Albert. I thought overall he was poor when he came on. Got into some decent positions but his decisions and execution let him down badly, but even then, he was better than Kakay who I thought did well to get a 5.
QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 12:42 - Sep 17 with 1091 viewsTheChef

Funny (or not) but I thought Stroud was not quite as terrible as usual, then you list all his wrong decisions and non decisions and you wonder why he hasn't yet been pur out to pasture.

Re the kid at the end he did run on the pitch to Adomah, but you'd think the stewards would have used some common sense.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 12:53 - Sep 17 with 1087 viewsstainrods_elbow

QPR's latest comeback falls just short at Bournemouth - Report on 16:58 - Sep 16 by PinnerPaul

Excellent points and also Clive's on the same subject in the report.

Its from the latest coaches manual I think, where possession, especially early on in the match is everything.

So as Clive said, we only take 'risks' and play at a higher tempo and attempt more difficult passes when we have to.

Didn't really agree with that part of Clive's report. In the first 10 minutes, we were incisive, attacked at speed, and could (and possibly should) have gone ahead. Then Dickie's dawdling and their resulting goal from the pocket-picking that followed, completely against the run of play, knocked some of that early stuffing out of us. However, the start was exactly what I was calling for before the game, and it's just a pity it didn't pay off. We didn't deserve to be 0-1 down, and their second gave us a small mountain (or, maybe as it was Bournemouth, a sand dune) to climb.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024