Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Tonight 10:43 - Jun 6 with 20104 viewsDubaiR

I see Kane expected to start again. What’s the point, he is fit, played the first game. Not wonder Vardy retired, surely tonight give DCL a start, if Kane was to get injured it would weaken our chances significantly.

England Tonight on 07:27 - Jun 11 with 2289 viewsdistortR

England Tonight on 22:03 - Jun 10 by BucksRanger

I don't want footballers being told how to protest, I want somebody to suggest alternative forms of protest that might defuse the current situation. Let the players choose the outcome they want. Carry on with the current form of protest and nothing changes. The booing will continue and probably worsen over time. Modify the current form of protest and there will be a change in the way the protest is perceived. Perception is everything and I can almost guarantee that behaviour of the fans will alter and for the better.

Closing your eyes doesn't alter the perception of the act but it will further escalate the current situation. Closing your eyes to a poor situation is not a solution, it's a copout.

I agree with you about social media. It is full of idiots and best avoided. The same can pretty much be said of main stream media.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 22:05]

Good post.
Nobody is listening to each other, just digging the trenches.
Wood Hoop's post relating to the poll that found a lot of people find the BLM movement divisive has been roundly ignored by those who support the England team's gesture.
Gareth Southgate's assertations that the taking the knee gesture is purely to highlight racial inequality have been ignored by those who oppose the gesture.
So find a way of calling for equality that we can all unite behind.
Like QPR and Millwall did.
England Tonight on 08:35 - Jun 11 with 2205 viewsdaveB

England Tonight on 23:29 - Jun 10 by BucksRanger

I agree, the whole thing is ridiculous but lines have been drawn by the England squad and the England fans. Nothing will change until one of the sides change. Fans are loosely connected and, therefore, unlikely to get together in big enough numbers to discuss a different way of protesting. The England squad are a tight knit team and can more easily talk about alternative ways of approaching this standoff with the fans. If they want the booing to stop, they need to try a different approach, hence my earlier suggestion on this board. Probably won't happen though, will it? People rarely seem to seek out moderation these days.

I doubt banners would work. They would be confiscated before they got into the stadium.

trouble is you also have a lot of England fans agreeing with the players so will have the scenario now where some cheer, some boo and the actual issue gets completely lost. similar to when people go mad at any player that doesn't wear a poppy

Think it's all very well asking for moderation from the players but that's why we are going round in circles because when a change in approach is suggested to those booing it gets thrown aside as well.

I'm with Hunter on this, if you don't like it thats perfectly fine but just don't boo the players
[Post edited 11 Jun 2021 8:38]
England Tonight on 09:26 - Jun 11 with 2127 viewsBucksRanger

In my opinion, the fans aren't booing the players they are booing the symbolism of taking the knee. When the players rise from taking the knee the booing soon stops.

I see that Scotland have decided not to take the knee. Scotland intend to stand up against racism. I bet my bottom dollar that their fans will not boo them.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-opt-out-taki
[Post edited 11 Jun 2021 9:28]
England Tonight on 10:27 - Jun 11 with 2080 viewsNorthernr

England Tonight on 10:27 - Jun 11 with 2055 viewsSheffieldHoop

"Gareth Southgate's assertations that the taking the knee gesture is purely to highlight racial inequality have been ignored by those who oppose the gesture."

Sort of like how the FA ignored Anelka's reasons when he did The quenelle
Banned 5 games, fined 80k, eventually got sacked for it
While maintaining all along that he simply did it as an anti-establishment gesture
How times have changed

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

England Tonight on 10:52 - Jun 11 with 2013 viewsdaveB

England Tonight on 09:26 - Jun 11 by BucksRanger

In my opinion, the fans aren't booing the players they are booing the symbolism of taking the knee. When the players rise from taking the knee the booing soon stops.

I see that Scotland have decided not to take the knee. Scotland intend to stand up against racism. I bet my bottom dollar that their fans will not boo them.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-opt-out-taki

any team that wants to make a stand/gesture to support racial equality should be free to do what they want really without facing criticism from their own supporters so i would hope Scotland don't get booed same as I hope England and any other country who do something or nothing won't get booed. I think we all know that's unlikely to happen but I live in hope.
England Tonight on 11:11 - Jun 11 with 1974 viewsloftupper

England Tonight on 10:52 - Jun 11 by daveB

any team that wants to make a stand/gesture to support racial equality should be free to do what they want really without facing criticism from their own supporters so i would hope Scotland don't get booed same as I hope England and any other country who do something or nothing won't get booed. I think we all know that's unlikely to happen but I live in hope.

Just don't understand why people get so angry about it. Of all the things to rail against why pick on this?
England Tonight on 13:28 - Jun 11 with 1898 viewsSheffieldHoop

England Tonight on 11:11 - Jun 11 by loftupper

Just don't understand why people get so angry about it. Of all the things to rail against why pick on this?

Here, an hour and 10 minutes of explanation, if you are actually interested

Login to get fewer ads

England Tonight on 13:37 - Jun 11 with 1889 viewsloftupper

England Tonight on 13:28 - Jun 11 by SheffieldHoop

He must feel really aggrieved at something to bang on about it for 70mins, as injustices go I think there are probably many more worthy causes.
England Tonight on 13:50 - Jun 11 with 1848 viewsSheffieldHoop

England Tonight on 13:37 - Jun 11 by loftupper

He must feel really aggrieved at something to bang on about it for 70mins, as injustices go I think there are probably many more worthy causes.

Yeah, same.

Patrisse Cullors for example who, along with many other GoFunds, rinsed you brainwashed idiots for several million and then done a runner. Now that's what I call injustice.

England Tonight on 14:46 - Jun 11 with 1796 viewsNorthernr

England Tonight on 09:26 - Jun 11 by BucksRanger

Oh.

England Tonight on 15:04 - Jun 11 with 1761 viewsloftupper

England Tonight on 13:50 - Jun 11 by SheffieldHoop

Yeah, same.

Patrisse Cullors for example who, along with many other GoFunds, rinsed you brainwashed idiots for several million and then done a runner. Now that's what I call injustice.

You are pretty far out there aren't you!
England Tonight on 15:27 - Jun 11 with 1716 viewsSheffieldHoop

England Tonight on 15:04 - Jun 11 by loftupper

You are pretty far out there aren't you!

Nah, if I was a far-out type, I'd probably be gormlessly nodding along with it like you.

England Tonight on 15:57 - Jun 11 with 1688 viewsLimehouseR

England Tonight on 10:27 - Jun 11 by Northernr

Nailed it.
The Simpsons always has a meme or gif for anything relevant!
England Tonight on 19:58 - Jun 11 with 1598 viewskensalriser

England Tonight on 13:28 - Jun 11 by SheffieldHoop

A Faragist, I wouldn't give him ten seconds of my time.

Funny you didn't mention that. But at least now we know your agenda.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England Tonight on 09:20 - Jun 12 with 1460 viewsdistortR

England Tonight on 19:58 - Jun 11 by kensalriser

A Faragist, I wouldn't give him ten seconds of my time.

Funny you didn't mention that. But at least now we know your agenda.

farage is a nasty opportunist, but i think that somewhat misses the point of the post.
Why can't we accept diversity of thought as well as of culture? Outside voices need to be listened to, they aren't always wrong.
England Tonight on 11:28 - Jun 12 with 1381 viewsSheffieldHoop

England Tonight on 09:20 - Jun 12 by distortR

farage is a nasty opportunist, but i think that somewhat misses the point of the post.
Why can't we accept diversity of thought as well as of culture? Outside voices need to be listened to, they aren't always wrong.

Yeh, or also the fact he's only joined Farage's Reform UK this year, after this all kicked off. I dunno if Kensal is trying to suggest that's the real reason he was kicked out of the charity that he set up.

I only use this Nick Buckley example because it's one people might understand. This is another example of the "Gotcha" attitude that has become very common in the past year and infects all areas of society.

Fortunately for Nick, people saw sense and he got reinstated. But that's not the case for a lot of friends, people who grew up together, who have been 'gaslighted' in to believing that they cannot understand each other

England Tonight on 17:48 - Jun 12 with 1309 viewsloftupper

England Tonight on 15:27 - Jun 11 by SheffieldHoop

Nah, if I was a far-out type, I'd probably be gormlessly nodding along with it like you.

Gormless! That’s hilarious! Did you even finish school?
England Tonight on 21:41 - Jun 12 with 1230 viewsAcidPixie

England Tonight on 11:28 - Jun 12 by SheffieldHoop

Yeh, or also the fact he's only joined Farage's Reform UK this year, after this all kicked off. I dunno if Kensal is trying to suggest that's the real reason he was kicked out of the charity that he set up.

I only use this Nick Buckley example because it's one people might understand. This is another example of the "Gotcha" attitude that has become very common in the past year and infects all areas of society.

Fortunately for Nick, people saw sense and he got reinstated. But that's not the case for a lot of friends, people who grew up together, who have been 'gaslighted' in to believing that they cannot understand each other

Wrong thread
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 8:30]
England Tonight on 21:44 - Jun 12 with 1224 viewsAcidPixie

[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 8:29]
England Tonight (n/t) on 21:48 - Jun 12 with 1218 viewsAcidPixie

England Tonight on 21:44 - Jun 12 by AcidPixie

[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 8:29]

[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 8:46]
England Tonight on 22:04 - Jun 12 with 1200 viewsAcidPixie

England Tonight on 11:28 - Jun 12 by SheffieldHoop

Looking forward to today. Seemed all much simpler when this came out. Interestingly it was originally going to be called E is for England !
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 8:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024