Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Tonight 10:43 - Jun 6 with 20106 viewsDubaiR

I see Kane expected to start again. What’s the point, he is fit, played the first game. Not wonder Vardy retired, surely tonight give DCL a start, if Kane was to get injured it would weaken our chances significantly.

England Tonight on 21:08 - Jun 8 with 2307 viewsBucksRanger

England Tonight on 20:35 - Jun 8 by SheffieldHoop

"Regardless of your upbringing and politics, what is clear is that we are an incredible nation – relative to our size and population – that has contributed so much to the arts, science and sport.
We do have a special identity and that remains a powerful motivator."

Some journo somewhere currently knocking out 200 words on why this display of English Exceptionalism can't go "unchecked"

I reckon Southgate borrowed heavily from this quote.

We may be a small country, but we're a great one, too. The country of Shakespeare, Churchill, the Beatles, Sean Connery, Harry Potter. David Beckham's right foot. David Beckham's left foot, come to that. And a friend who bullies us is no longer a friend. And since bullies only respond to strength, from now onward I will be prepared to be much stronger.
England Tonight on 23:13 - Jun 8 with 2176 viewsPunteR

England Tonight on 15:40 - Jun 8 by Rangersw12

Another football thread hijacked by politics

Yep. The usual suspects.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

England Tonight on 00:33 - Jun 9 with 2160 viewsCLAREMAN1995

England Tonight on 15:36 - Jun 8 by kensalriser

That's not an insight, it's a bunch of stuff you've conflated to make a racist conclusion.

You lie as usual kensalriser and I would appreciate you never responding to another of my posts even if its during a match thread .
I tell the truth always have always will
England Tonight on 00:35 - Jun 9 with 2150 viewsSydneyRs

England Tonight on 01:37 - Jun 8 by CLAREMAN1995

Not anything to do with QPR or England even but a tiny bit of insight into BLM
5 people shot dead and 55 wounded in Chicago this weekend.
3 people shot dead and 34 wounded last weekend.
Last year despite all the Covid restrictions 763 died and over 4000 injured .
No BLM marches or protests just forgotten victims many young people and some too poor to afford burials.
Now in Minnesota a wanted felon with a warrant being served is surrounded by Sheriffs trying to arrest him but he does not comply instead opens fire and is shot dead (dont shoot at police you will miss they wont.
BLM arrive on the scene rioting and looting ensue and it all kicks off because there will be a lawsuit and huge publicity .
Whose life is more valuable a wanted felon or a 10 year old reading on her front porch but 100% of the time BLM pick the police shooting because its about the money sadly and always will be .

Which right wing facebook page did you paste that from?
England Tonight on 09:47 - Jun 9 with 1977 viewsloftupper

England Tonight on 00:33 - Jun 9 by CLAREMAN1995

You lie as usual kensalriser and I would appreciate you never responding to another of my posts even if its during a match thread .

England Tonight on 11:02 - Jun 9 with 1929 viewskensalriser

England Tonight on 00:33 - Jun 9 by CLAREMAN1995

As soon as you stop posting divisive, inflammatory and irrelevant bs I'll stop responding to it. In the meantime I'll call it out whenever I feel like it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England Tonight on 19:25 - Jun 9 with 1812 viewsrsonist

England Tonight on 07:27 - Jun 8 by distortR

I'm not the greatest supporter of the BLM movement for various reasons, although I fully agree with their goal of equality.
Of course I wouldn't jeer people taking the knee.
I would like to actually hear from those booing WHY they are booing. Do they believe that our millionaire footballers are part of a marxist cabal? I doubt it. Does this presumption feed into a white, working class impression of not being heard? Possibly.
If no-one listens to you, you're probably going to say no.

England Tonight on 19:31 - Jun 9 with 1793 viewsdaveB

England Tonight on 19:25 - Jun 9 by rsonist

Christ how many times do the players and manager have to explain it before it sinks in
Login to get fewer ads

England Tonight on 19:52 - Jun 9 with 1759 viewsrsonist

England Tonight on 19:31 - Jun 9 by daveB

Christ how many times do the players and manager have to explain it before it sinks in

I refer you to the final 3 seconds.
England Tonight on 20:02 - Jun 9 with 1743 viewsMick_S

England Tonight on 19:52 - Jun 9 by rsonist

I refer you to the final 3 seconds.

Yep. When in a hole...

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England Tonight on 20:13 - Jun 9 with 1713 viewsNorthernr

Jesus. Christ.
England Tonight on 21:18 - Jun 9 with 1627 viewsgazza1

England Tonight on 20:13 - Jun 9 by Northernr

Jesus. Christ.

What does that mean Norf??
England Tonight on 23:52 - Jun 9 with 1481 viewsHunterhoop

Christ alive. How is he an ambassador for anything or anyone?!
England Tonight on 07:27 - Jun 10 with 1362 viewsNorthernr

England Tonight on 21:18 - Jun 9 by gazza1

What does that mean Norf??

It's just not very often you get to meet the reason they have to write DO NOT DRINK on tins of paint in person.
England Tonight on 07:52 - Jun 10 with 1342 viewsrsonist

England Tonight on 23:52 - Jun 9 by Hunterhoop

Christ alive. How is he an ambassador for anything or anyone?!

You're getting warmer... "England Fans FC" doesn't really exist you see. That bloke actually does the gardening column at the Morning Star.
England Tonight on 08:03 - Jun 10 with 1311 viewsPhildo

If it does come to war with Spain at least we have an enormous weapon
England Tonight on 08:22 - Jun 10 with 1259 viewsdistortR

England Tonight on 07:52 - Jun 10 by rsonist

You're getting warmer... "England Fans FC" doesn't really exist you see. That bloke actually does the gardening column at the Morning Star.

read an interesting article on the spectator on-line about taking the knee, why it isn't universally accepted partly due to it's inherent 'americaness', pointing out that the same Millwall fans who booed their players taking the knee clapped the gesture they did with us((Not a rod liddle piece, btw).
Les Ferdinand was bang on in not enforcing it at QPR, this hole everyone is digging is getting bigger.
I hear Southgate talking about respecting the players - you know what, a lot of people don't respect these plumped up millionaires for the way they act on the pitch, the cheating, diving, screaming. Off the pitch, minted people often chasing ever more money.
Now Rashford, he's put his money where his mouth is, full respect to him.
There are a f'cking lot of disenfranchised people in Britain, financially, politically, whatever. Try creating a movement that aims to lift them all up, you may get somewhere.
Try filling the gaps in your borders with fast growing annuals.
England Tonight on 08:36 - Jun 10 with 1210 viewsrsonist

"There are a f'cking lot of disenfranchised people in Britain, financially, politically, whatever. Try creating a movement that aims to lift them all up, you may get somewhere. "

Now yer talking. Just gotta decide what to call it. How about... society... lism. Yeah, societylism. That should do it.
England Tonight on 09:52 - Jun 10 with 1106 viewsBAWHoops

England Tonight on 08:22 - Jun 10 by distortR

read an interesting article on the spectator on-line about taking the knee, why it isn't universally accepted partly due to it's inherent 'americaness', pointing out that the same Millwall fans who booed their players taking the knee clapped the gesture they did with us((Not a rod liddle piece, btw).
Les Ferdinand was bang on in not enforcing it at QPR, this hole everyone is digging is getting bigger.
I hear Southgate talking about respecting the players - you know what, a lot of people don't respect these plumped up millionaires for the way they act on the pitch, the cheating, diving, screaming. Off the pitch, minted people often chasing ever more money.
Now Rashford, he's put his money where his mouth is, full respect to him.
There are a f'cking lot of disenfranchised people in Britain, financially, politically, whatever. Try creating a movement that aims to lift them all up, you may get somewhere.
Try filling the gaps in your borders with fast growing annuals.

Southgate and the players have had a meeting and decided that this is what they as a group want to do, much the same way QPR had a meeting and decided what they want to do.
They are kneeling to highlight racial prejudice and show support to these racially abused.

It's a remarkable, striking gesture from the England National side and should be applauded.

People seem to really struggle with the fact that the England side isn't just for middle aged white blokes who politically lean right, it's for the whole country. All 60 million of us

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

England Tonight on 10:20 - Jun 10 with 1041 viewsed_83

England Tonight on 09:52 - Jun 10 by BAWHoops

Southgate and the players have had a meeting and decided that this is what they as a group want to do, much the same way QPR had a meeting and decided what they want to do.
They are kneeling to highlight racial prejudice and show support to these racially abused.

It's a remarkable, striking gesture from the England National side and should be applauded.

People seem to really struggle with the fact that the England side isn't just for middle aged white blokes who politically lean right, it's for the whole country. All 60 million of us

Exactly this. The whole point is that each team, led by their Black players, is free to make a choice about how they want to engage with wider social questions, and they deserve the respect of supporters regardless of what choice they make.

It’s 2021 and Black players are *still* being subjected to racist abuse. If you’re less outraged about that than about the same players making a considered, clearly-communicated decision about how they want to confront the racism they’ve experienced, or if you think it’s your place to tell Black people how they should or shouldn’t deal with racism, then... well I honestly don’t know what to call that but racist.
England Tonight on 10:30 - Jun 10 with 1013 viewsSheffieldHoop

England Tonight on 10:20 - Jun 10 by ed_83

Exactly this. The whole point is that each team, led by their Black players, is free to make a choice about how they want to engage with wider social questions, and they deserve the respect of supporters regardless of what choice they make.

It’s 2021 and Black players are *still* being subjected to racist abuse. If you’re less outraged about that than about the same players making a considered, clearly-communicated decision about how they want to confront the racism they’ve experienced, or if you think it’s your place to tell Black people how they should or shouldn’t deal with racism, then... well I honestly don’t know what to call that but racist.

Does this racist tag also apply to black people who think kneeling a load of white savior bollocks?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

England Tonight on 10:43 - Jun 10 with 991 viewsed_83

England Tonight on 10:30 - Jun 10 by SheffieldHoop

Does this racist tag also apply to black people who think kneeling a load of white savior bollocks?

People can think what they want about kneeling as a gesture. Where it crosses the line is booing people for doing it, or telling them their response to racism is wrong.

Also pretty sure the “white saviour” thing is a massive red herring given England,QPR and other teams have made it clear their decisions are being led by their Black players.
England Tonight on 10:45 - Jun 10 with 984 viewswood_hoop

Even though Souhgate has emphasised so many times they are not siding with the BLM movement, taking the knee' it is seen very much as a gesture is support of the movement.

Below is a paragraph taken from the article I have linked I doubt very much the gestures shown by the England team will be seen by many as anything otherwise.

'BLM has made UK race relations worse

This week marked the one-year anniversary of the police murder of George Floyd. That horrendous killing sparked a wave of Black Lives Matter (BLM) demonstrations last summer, in the US, the UK and around the world. These protesters were credited, by some, with raising important issues around racism. But is the UK now a more socially cohesive, multiracial society as a result of all this? There is mounting evidence to suggest that the answer is no. In fact, BLM agitation, far from being unifying and inclusive, has actually been a divisive force in British society.

In November 2020, a poll by Opinium found that a majority of people — 55 per cent — believed that BLM increased racial tensions. This view was also shared by many ethnic-minority Brits (44 per cent). Even Labour voters were more likely to agree than disagree with the view that BLM has heightened racial tensions in British society.

Fresh data from YouGov similarly suggest that the wider British public have become more negative about the direction of race relations since the wave of BLM protests last year. Whereas one in five people (19 per cent) felt that prior to the protests race relations were deteriorating, that figure has increased to 36 per cent for the period since. Only eight per cent of the general population thinks race relations have improved since the BLM protests. These figures are troubling, but they are not a great surprise.'

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/05/27/blm-has-made-uk-race-relations-worse/
England Tonight on 11:02 - Jun 10 with 938 viewsSheffieldHoop

England Tonight on 10:43 - Jun 10 by ed_83

People can think what they want about kneeling as a gesture. Where it crosses the line is booing people for doing it, or telling them their response to racism is wrong.

Also pretty sure the “white saviour” thing is a massive red herring given England,QPR and other teams have made it clear their decisions are being led by their Black players.

So black people aren't allowed to boo knee taking because it's racist against themselves

Also they should put up with white saviour types coming along to lecture them on why booing is racist

Got ya

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

England Tonight on 11:04 - Jun 10 with 926 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The problem with BLM is that like any political organisation it gets commandered by phonies and charlatans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57277777

Just like the 'Marxists' in the Labour Party who have a property portfolio or a six-figure salary.

Ultimately taking a knee allows smug, sanctimonious people to feel like they're making the world a better place without too much effort. From the portentous tones of the commentators as they see it for the hundredth time, you'd think Gandhi and Mandela had been reincarnated before their very eyes. And so a club that is actually making an effort like our own is slagged off for not going through with the empty gesture.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024