Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re cast ?? 10:29 - Jul 1 with 5753 viewsconnell10

New place to watch Rangers vids etc...so how does this work and will it cost me money to use?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Re cast ?? on 08:34 - Jul 16 with 1567 viewsPerthRs

Arty, 80s Boy, as I mentioned in this post the email I sent to the club requesting some help / advice / information regarding Recast seems to have fallen by the wayside its been two weeks since I sent the email and to date I have not had a reply, despite having received 8 receipts from the club that they have received my email. ( I would like to put the names of these receipts accounts on here but I feel that would be like lighting the blue touch paper and not fair on Clive )

To add more confusion to this saga I phoned the box office this week regarding our membership which after about 25mins of explaining to the woman who answered that I was phoning from Australia and wished to renew both mine and my wife’s memberships she proceeded to just do mine eventually the penny dropped and she realised that she should be doing 2 memberships.

Whilst I was through to the club I asked about QPR+ and was put on hold eventually I was put through and explained that my QPR+ renewal in the past has been renewed automatically I was informed that the coming season we would only be getting audio as the previous season was set up due to Covid and was managed by the EFL, I stated that was total rubbish and I had used QPR+ for the last 4 seasons.

I have since purchased the Man Utd & Leicester games on QPR+ and my renewal for the season is due on the 29th July ( which I was informed via email that the subscription is rising from 140 to 170GBP ) so it’s a case of sit back and watch this space, regarding Recast I’m still none the wiser.

So read into that what you like I think what I was told is a load of b0llocks and once again when trying to get some information from the club we are being fed misinformation from people who quite frankly do not know!!!!!!!
Re cast ?? on 12:27 - Jul 17 with 1426 viewsSharpy36

Info on QPR+

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/streaming-subs-now-on-sale-for-202122-17072

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Re cast ?? on 12:37 - Jul 17 with 1414 viewsdmm

Re cast ?? on 06:59 - Jul 16 by connell10

I wanna watch the Cambridge game on my 17 inch pc but I can't for the life of me find a button to enlarge the picture size , I aint watching matches on my mobile phone!! Looks cheap and nasty to me.

Just click on the video you want to watch and you'll then see an icon on the bottom right of the video. Click that and the video 'pops out'. Then click the icon on the bottom of the video to enlarge the picture.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 12:39]
Re cast ?? on 13:17 - Jul 17 with 1389 viewsconnell10

Re cast ?? on 12:37 - Jul 17 by dmm

Just click on the video you want to watch and you'll then see an icon on the bottom right of the video. Click that and the video 'pops out'. Then click the icon on the bottom of the video to enlarge the picture.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 12:39]

Cheers mate

Re cast ?? on 15:35 - Jul 17 with 1322 views80s_Boy

Re cast ?? on 08:34 - Jul 16 by PerthRs

Arty, 80s Boy, as I mentioned in this post the email I sent to the club requesting some help / advice / information regarding Recast seems to have fallen by the wayside its been two weeks since I sent the email and to date I have not had a reply, despite having received 8 receipts from the club that they have received my email. ( I would like to put the names of these receipts accounts on here but I feel that would be like lighting the blue touch paper and not fair on Clive )

To add more confusion to this saga I phoned the box office this week regarding our membership which after about 25mins of explaining to the woman who answered that I was phoning from Australia and wished to renew both mine and my wife’s memberships she proceeded to just do mine eventually the penny dropped and she realised that she should be doing 2 memberships.

Whilst I was through to the club I asked about QPR+ and was put on hold eventually I was put through and explained that my QPR+ renewal in the past has been renewed automatically I was informed that the coming season we would only be getting audio as the previous season was set up due to Covid and was managed by the EFL, I stated that was total rubbish and I had used QPR+ for the last 4 seasons.

I have since purchased the Man Utd & Leicester games on QPR+ and my renewal for the season is due on the 29th July ( which I was informed via email that the subscription is rising from 140 to 170GBP ) so it’s a case of sit back and watch this space, regarding Recast I’m still none the wiser.

So read into that what you like I think what I was told is a load of b0llocks and once again when trying to get some information from the club we are being fed misinformation from people who quite frankly do not know!!!!!!!

Thanks for asking and chasing them up too.

It seems to me that they were so convinced in their belief that we needed to appear to be so 'trendy and down with the kids' that they forgot that not everyone who supports us is tech savvy.
Re cast ?? on 12:15 - Jul 30 with 1055 viewsconnell10

Has the Foxes game been pulled from this heap of festering shite?

Re cast ?? on 12:19 - Jul 30 with 1042 viewsconnell10

Re cast ?? on 15:35 - Jul 17 by 80s_Boy

Thanks for asking and chasing them up too.

It seems to me that they were so convinced in their belief that we needed to appear to be so 'trendy and down with the kids' that they forgot that not everyone who supports us is tech savvy.

Not tech savvy, including the people who run the site

Re cast ?? on 12:37 - Jul 30 with 990 viewsaston_hoop

Re cast ?? on 12:15 - Jul 30 by connell10

Has the Foxes game been pulled from this heap of festering shite?

A fiver now on QPR+ or free on YouTube anyway courtesy of Leicester

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Re cast ?? on 13:13 - Jul 30 with 960 views80s_Boy

Re cast ?? on 12:37 - Jul 30 by aston_hoop

A fiver now on QPR+ or free on YouTube anyway courtesy of Leicester

Recast are saying they'll be showing 'loads more games in the future' but I'd be very surprised if they are still associated with us come May.
Re cast ?? on 13:30 - Jul 30 with 942 viewsDubaiR

Whats happens if you paid for the Man Utd game as was sold as a bundle deal with Leicester for 8.99
Re cast ?? on 13:32 - Jul 30 with 935 viewsrsonist

Was it... robith?... on here that worked in and around online advertising? Would be interested in his take on this whole thing.

It seems to me that the kernel of the business idea is of obvious appeal to the club, and that they haven't really done too much wrong in the way they've gone about trying to introduce it. On current evidence though (and not even taking into account the Cambridge fiasco) Recast are totally going to balls it up with the stupid startup thinking and crummy dev that tanked their previous product.
Re cast ?? on 13:35 - Jul 30 with 931 views80s_Boy

Re cast ?? on 13:30 - Jul 30 by DubaiR

Whats happens if you paid for the Man Utd game as was sold as a bundle deal with Leicester for 8.99

Nothing.

You had to buy both fixtures as part of the agreement we reached with MUFC.
Re cast ?? on 14:12 - Jul 30 with 904 viewsLythamR

unfortunately recast at the moment seems a proper bodge

which is a shame because the concept is interesting. some people are time poor, they can pay to watch games. Others are cash poor but have plenty of time. in which case by racking up credits consuming advertising they gain access to material and games they may not otherwise have been able to view.

apart from the technical infrastructure and bandwidth issues they dont appear to have enough advertisers to make it work. I have watched the handful of available adverts but i cant earn more credits because there are no more adverts available for me to "watch and earn". i have had emails notifying me of new QPR content to view but cant earn credits to watch it.
Re cast ?? on 17:02 - Jul 30 with 801 viewsPinnerPaul

Re cast ?? on 14:12 - Jul 30 by LythamR

unfortunately recast at the moment seems a proper bodge

which is a shame because the concept is interesting. some people are time poor, they can pay to watch games. Others are cash poor but have plenty of time. in which case by racking up credits consuming advertising they gain access to material and games they may not otherwise have been able to view.

apart from the technical infrastructure and bandwidth issues they dont appear to have enough advertisers to make it work. I have watched the handful of available adverts but i cant earn more credits because there are no more adverts available for me to "watch and earn". i have had emails notifying me of new QPR content to view but cant earn credits to watch it.

Thanks for that Lytham

"apart from the technical infrastructure and bandwidth issues they don't appear to have enough advertisers to make it work"

Seems 3 biggies to a non techie like me though!

Surprised QPR didn't ask to see a mock up/demo before signing the contract - or is that not realistic with sort of site - as I say, I'm a bit of a luddite so no idea what is possible to demonstrate in advance?

Having said all that, they must have failed all, if not most , KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) with the Cambridge game, so must be walking on very thin ice I would have thought.
Re cast ?? on 17:11 - Jul 30 with 780 viewsdavman

Re cast ?? on 17:02 - Jul 30 by PinnerPaul

Thanks for that Lytham

"apart from the technical infrastructure and bandwidth issues they don't appear to have enough advertisers to make it work"

Seems 3 biggies to a non techie like me though!

Surprised QPR didn't ask to see a mock up/demo before signing the contract - or is that not realistic with sort of site - as I say, I'm a bit of a luddite so no idea what is possible to demonstrate in advance?

Having said all that, they must have failed all, if not most , KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) with the Cambridge game, so must be walking on very thin ice I would have thought.

Yes, me too.

Although their official line is "circumstances beyond our control", all of the evidence is that they under-estimated just how many Cambridge Utd fans there are who wanted to watch on our feed.

The site worked (and works) OK at non-peak times (although even at its best, because it is a phone / tablet optimised product, it is poor quality video), but as soon as the numbers started to ramp up it fell over. I suspect, looking at their other "clients", we may have been the first big test for them.

As much as it is a novel concept and someone's livelihood, everything points towards it being worse than what we have got and a huge step backwards. If they are to continue, I hope that the club insists that make a number of improvements such as:
a) expand on to a proper desktop app and get on to Smart TVs
b) increase their bandwidth so that they can provide the same level of picture quality and service QPR+ gives
c) increase the adverts available for users to claim credits

If they do that, I'm willing to give them another try, but until then, don't even entertain them as an option. I know it was only a pre-season friendly and I know its amazing that we get the opportunity to see most games these days, but if you promise something, you should deliver. They didn't on Tuesday.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024