Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Content with your place in the world 23:06 - Jul 9 with 6220 viewsqprxtc

When I was asked as a kid what I wanted to be, I always said “to be happy”. Little did o know what that meant or how hard and unobtainable it could be.

As I got older and wis(d)er, I still felt being “happy” was the ultimate and achievable goal. Simple, nothing much to ask for.

Turns out, it’s the worst thing to try and achieve. No one is ever “happy” for any given time. You can be “happy” for twenty minutes. Or twenty hours. Life will always pull you back. That maybe a better thing, to make the happiness, euphoric. Or .

Life goes on day after day, we have a responsibility to make it a better thing for those behind us. Those that swim in our wake and swallow our water and think we are the ones who make them drown.

Being “content”. That’s the only way forward.

With a lamp.
Content with your place in the world on 15:00 - Jul 14 with 661 viewsNewhopphoops

Great thread. I had a kind of mid-life crisis from when I was about 5 until maybe 47, since when I'd say I've been pretty content. I think like lots of people I always thought and said I was not ambitious but at the back of your mind there's a niggling need to "achieve something". At a certain point in life that just falls away.

As others have noted I'm lucky enough to be able to work and get by in a job which is not too stressful. Twenty years ago I realized this woudn't be possible in the UK without some fairly radical career choices, it was more enticing to leave and of course much easier then.
Content with your place in the world on 20:20 - Jul 14 with 584 viewsPBLOCK

Content with your place in the world on 13:59 - Jul 14 by dannyblue

The people that break the chain. They're some of the people I admire most of all this world. I salute you.

Thanks that’s really appreciated but I just think that I’ve seen how badly it can de done and the hurt and impact it can have

I’d never want to put the 3 of them through it. Love them too much
Content with your place in the world on 01:09 - Jul 15 with 510 viewsSydneyRs

Apart from wishing my mortgage was gone I'm pretty content really.

You could always have more in terms of possessions/money, but you only have to watch a few mins of 'real housewives' or Kardashian type nonsense, with their constant squabbling and jealousy, to remind yourself that it doesn't buy happiness. Problem is, if that's how you measure yourself, there's always people doing better. Unless you're Elon Musk, Bill Gates etc.

Firstly I have my health, absolute number one priority. Without that little else matters.

I have a great family, two smart well adjusted kids, live in a nice part of the world, a decent job where I work from home almost 100% of the time. Could be a hell of a lot worse.
Content with your place in the world on 02:03 - Jul 15 with 492 viewsBoston

Free Britney!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024