Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At last! 20:26 - Jul 13 with 1675 viewsMrSheen

100 to James Vince at the 50th attempt. Taken his unexpected chance very well.
At last! on 20:27 - Jul 13 with 1673 viewsflynnbo

With some Rs fans in the crowd too. Shame he has just got out though!
At last! on 20:28 - Jul 13 with 1660 viewsMrSheen

At last! on 20:27 - Jul 13 by flynnbo

With some Rs fans in the crowd too. Shame he has just got out though!

Sorry James!
At last! on 21:40 - Jul 13 with 1564 viewsCiderwithRsie

I am right in thinking Vince is an R, aren't I?

Well done, anyway. I'd lost hope in him ever really doing it for England, which is a shame as his batting is the closest thing to David Gower we've got.
At last! on 22:19 - Jul 13 with 1520 viewsnix

At last! on 21:40 - Jul 13 by CiderwithRsie

I am right in thinking Vince is an R, aren't I?

Well done, anyway. I'd lost hope in him ever really doing it for England, which is a shame as his batting is the closest thing to David Gower we've got.

Great effort for him. Love the fact that Covid has actually done something good for a change and opened up opportunities for some new guys to play, and they've won the series. Well done.
At last! on 23:00 - Jul 13 with 1469 viewsHantsR

Much rejoicing by Hants cricket fans in the pub this evening. Especially from me as he's an R
At last! on 08:22 - Jul 15 with 1268 viewsplasmahoop

I think James vince should get another go in the test team. Although his average of 25 in 13 tests is below what's required, it's better than what some of the current team are doing. Since his epic 267 crawley averages 12. Likewise pope 31 overall, but only 19 in his last 12 tests. Also 13 tests isn't that many nowadays. It flashed up on the screen the other day that malan played 15 tests. When was that?
Vince is class and worth another go
At last! on 08:39 - Jul 15 with 1244 viewsCiderwithRsie

At last! on 08:22 - Jul 15 by plasmahoop

I think James vince should get another go in the test team. Although his average of 25 in 13 tests is below what's required, it's better than what some of the current team are doing. Since his epic 267 crawley averages 12. Likewise pope 31 overall, but only 19 in his last 12 tests. Also 13 tests isn't that many nowadays. It flashed up on the screen the other day that malan played 15 tests. When was that?

I'm not at all, err, convinced by Vince as a test player, though I'd like to be. He's only being talked of now because of the weaknesses of the incumbents (which is fair enough as you point out)

But I do feel he's been unlucky in that he has never been sure of his place, those 13 tests have been a bit scattered about when there have been vacancies. Same with with his ODI caps. It's a bit of a throwback to the bad old days when Ramprakash would be given a few tests, then dropped, then recalled for a few, then dropped....
At last! on 10:25 - Jul 15 with 1193 viewsPhilmyRs

At last! on 08:39 - Jul 15 by CiderwithRsie

I'm not at all, err, convinced by Vince as a test player, though I'd like to be. He's only being talked of now because of the weaknesses of the incumbents (which is fair enough as you point out)

But I do feel he's been unlucky in that he has never been sure of his place, those 13 tests have been a bit scattered about when there have been vacancies. Same with with his ODI caps. It's a bit of a throwback to the bad old days when Ramprakash would be given a few tests, then dropped, then recalled for a few, then dropped....

Would also add 'his place in the batting lineup'. Asked to be our saviour at number 3 in an ashes series down under and showed some class but still ultimately disappointing, whereas Pope has had a nice long intro to the Team batting down the order againsth the old ball. Similar issues for Ramprakash, quality player but asked be our number 3 and think in his final stint was actually opening. Just think some of these classy players would benefiit from a longer stint down the order before forming a view. Declaring some of them as not good enough after facing a quality Aussie attack on their own turf seemed harsh at the time and more so when you see the opportunities others have had.
Login to get fewer ads

At last! on 10:36 - Jul 15 with 1181 viewsMrSheen

At last! on 08:22 - Jul 15 by plasmahoop

Things might have turned out very differently if he had scored a century in Brisbane in the first test, 2017. Run out for 83, what a sickener. Interestingly, Stoneman and Malan also got 50s in that innings, didn't do much for them either.
At last! on 21:48 - Jul 15 with 1096 viewsCiderwithRsie

At last! on 10:25 - Jul 15 by PhilmyRs

Would also add 'his place in the batting lineup'. Asked to be our saviour at number 3 in an ashes series down under and showed some class but still ultimately disappointing, whereas Pope has had a nice long intro to the Team batting down the order againsth the old ball. Similar issues for Ramprakash, quality player but asked be our number 3 and think in his final stint was actually opening. Just think some of these classy players would benefiit from a longer stint down the order before forming a view. Declaring some of them as not good enough after facing a quality Aussie attack on their own turf seemed harsh at the time and more so when you see the opportunities others have had.

Agree with all of that.
At last! on 22:07 - Jul 15 with 1073 viewswortonranger

I can , indeed, confirm that James is an R. I’m mates with his dad and we’ve been to loads of Rangers games together along with James and my sons who played for the same cricket team when they were kids. Watching James approaching the ton felt like waiting for the full time whistle at Wembley on Zamora day.
At last! on 22:30 - Jul 15 with 1063 viewsMrSheen

Great stuff. He’s so classy, but he seems to drift off just when he’s cruising.
At last! on 22:00 - Jul 17 with 910 viewsjoolsyp

Scored a 100 and 50 yesterday in back to back T20s. On fire at the moment, middling everything. He's only 30 - hardly over the hill for cricket surely?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024