Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? 22:40 - Jul 30 with 8596 viewsGloryHunter

Can anyone explain this to me? Why walk around flashing your wealth like that?

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/30/female-thieves-dubbed-rolex-rippers-target-elderl
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:17 - Jul 31 with 1079 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 15:03 - Jul 31 by stowmarketrange

So it would be ok for the government to legally kill people with drugs then,and then use the tax raised to pay for the care for the people who don’t die because of them?
And addicts would still steal to pay for the drugs anyway.Unless the government gave them out to the users,which defeats the object really.

Not all drugs kill people.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:21 - Jul 31 with 1073 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

On beating the drugs issue:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/dec/05/portugals-radical-drugs-policy-is-w
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 17:34]
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:22 - Jul 31 with 1060 viewsSharpy36

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:17 - Jul 31 by CliveWilsonSaid

No but they leave long lasting damage

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:28 - Jul 31 with 1052 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:22 - Jul 31 by Sharpy36

No but they leave long lasting damage

So does heading a football apparently.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:35 - Jul 31 with 1017 views80s_Boy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 15:03 - Jul 31 by stowmarketrange

So it would be ok for the government to legally kill people with drugs then,and then use the tax raised to pay for the care for the people who don’t die because of them?
And addicts would still steal to pay for the drugs anyway.Unless the government gave them out to the users,which defeats the object really.

If we control drug use we can monitor the health of those who need it, give assistance to those who need it and minimise crime around the acquisition of drugs because there would be a prescription available.

With regards to the last point, I can't be that man who condemns thieving in a thread but subsequently go on to refuse to acknowledge the fact that the current drugs laws contribute towards that...
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:38 - Jul 31 with 1006 views80s_Boy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:17 - Jul 31 by CliveWilsonSaid

All can lead to death whether directly or indirectly.

We need to have an adult conversation about drugs in this country but pretending that they are not dangerous and shouldn't be discouraged is going to help no one.

If you need drugs to give you a kick or thrill then you're at best a moron but a moron, nevertheless, who needs help.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 17:46]
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 18:37 - Jul 31 with 967 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:38 - Jul 31 by 80s_Boy

We need to have an adult conversation about drugs in this country but pretending that they are not dangerous and shouldn't be discouraged is going to help no one.

If you need drugs to give you a kick or thrill then you're at best a moron but a moron, nevertheless, who needs help.

‘We need to have an adult conversation about drugs you morons’
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 18:42 - Jul 31 with 954 views80s_Boy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 18:37 - Jul 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

‘We need to have an adult conversation about drugs you morons’

What would you call people who opt to take drugs?
Login to get fewer ads

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 18:46 - Jul 31 with 944 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 18:42 - Jul 31 by 80s_Boy

What would you call people who opt to take drugs?

Their names.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 18:48 - Jul 31 with 940 viewsdistortR

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:38 - Jul 31 by 80s_Boy

well, I drink, which alters my mood and is bad for my health. So am I moron (And no, I don't want Bazza to take a poll on this question!)?
But it's not a drug because....................because of vested interests and taxation.
Now, I despise certain drugs, drugs gangs, and what the drugs trade has done to far too many countries.
But,,,,,,,,,,,the war on drugs is ridiculous. Surely decriminalisation, taking it away from dealers, ethically sourcing it and cutting out the narco's is really the only solution.
Prohibition was a godsend to the mafia.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 18:55 - Jul 31 with 921 views80s_Boy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 18:46 - Jul 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

Their names.

And that's possibly where we are different, if any of my friends started snorting Columbian marching powder I would call them a moron and a certain word beginning with a C...

I'd help them get whatever help they needed but I'd also be very honest about what I think about them and know I wouldn't be alone in expressing such opinions.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 18:57 - Jul 31 with 920 views80s_Boy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 18:48 - Jul 31 by distortR

well, I drink, which alters my mood and is bad for my health. So am I moron (And no, I don't want Bazza to take a poll on this question!)?
But it's not a drug because....................because of vested interests and taxation.
Now, I despise certain drugs, drugs gangs, and what the drugs trade has done to far too many countries.
But,,,,,,,,,,,the war on drugs is ridiculous. Surely decriminalisation, taking it away from dealers, ethically sourcing it and cutting out the narco's is really the only solution.

The Government should play a bigger role in the distribution of drugs for a number of reasons.

Totally agree that the current laws help few apart from a few criminals who have no desire/intentions to get people off gear.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 18:59]
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 18:57 - Jul 31 with 918 viewsessextaxiboy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 18:48 - Jul 31 by distortR

I agree , make dealing in drugs non profitable because the state do it cheaper, safer , with non judgmental compassion with a route to getting off the stuff.

Little old ladies getting knocked about for their fish and chip money would almost stop overnight .

Its radical and politically risky but we cant keep doing what we are doing ..
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 19:13 - Jul 31 with 887 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

B I N G O
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 19:15 - Jul 31 with 880 viewsessextaxiboy

The government should give them free out to the users , the dealers "business" would collapse overnight .
The addicts would take them them in a clean controlled environment, knowing that it was regulated for quality and not some wild mix that will kill them . They would be offered rehab and therapy . I would legalise cannabis and tax it (I have never touched it )

It all needs a rethink
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 19:15 - Jul 31 with 880 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 18:57 - Jul 31 by essextaxiboy

I agree , make dealing in drugs non profitable because the state do it cheaper, safer , with non judgmental compassion with a route to getting off the stuff.

Little old ladies getting knocked about for their fish and chip money would almost stop overnight .

Its radical and politically risky but we cant keep doing what we are doing ..

Another cracking post.

It’s been tried and it works, almost universally.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 19:50 - Jul 31 with 839 viewsessextaxiboy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 19:15 - Jul 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

Another cracking post.

It’s been tried and it works, almost universally.

I like to think we are moving closer together Baz
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 19:52 - Jul 31 with 834 viewsstowmarketrange

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 19:15 - Jul 31 by essextaxiboy

The government should give them free out to the users , the dealers "business" would collapse overnight .
The addicts would take them them in a clean controlled environment, knowing that it was regulated for quality and not some wild mix that will kill them . They would be offered rehab and therapy . I would legalise cannabis and tax it (I have never touched it )

It all needs a rethink

That’s a great idea then.Make old people sell their homes that they’ve worked for all their lives to pay for care in their old age in order to ensure druggies get their fixes free.
I know that the current laws aren’t working but where do you draw the line?Free alcohol for p@ssheads?Free whores for rapists?Or will the criminals go into making sh@t cheap alcohol filled with antifreeze so they can still earn their living?
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 19:54 - Jul 31 with 832 views80s_Boy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 19:52 - Jul 31 by stowmarketrange

That’s a great idea then.Make old people sell their homes that they’ve worked for all their lives to pay for care in their old age in order to ensure druggies get their fixes free.
I know that the current laws aren’t working but where do you draw the line?Free alcohol for p@ssheads?Free whores for rapists?Or will the criminals go into making sh@t cheap alcohol filled with antifreeze so they can still earn their living?

To be fair. I think the money to change the system would come from money set aside for the war on drugs and our triple locked pensions will be unaffected.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 20:01 - Jul 31 with 815 viewsstowmarketrange

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 19:54 - Jul 31 by 80s_Boy

To be fair. I think the money to change the system would come from money set aside for the war on drugs and our triple locked pensions will be unaffected.

That must be a hell of a lot of money set aside then.And do they put a limit on how many drugs they give out to 1 person,or will they be able to get as much as they need to be completely out of it for the whole 24 hours,while the people who are picking up the tab continue to work themselves to an early grave for even longer until they’ll be allowed to retire on a pittance of a state pension?

And all the drug pushers and runners will just turn to another crime,like mugging or car jacking to earn their living.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 20:05 - Jul 31 with 801 views80s_Boy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 20:01 - Jul 31 by stowmarketrange

That must be a hell of a lot of money set aside then.And do they put a limit on how many drugs they give out to 1 person,or will they be able to get as much as they need to be completely out of it for the whole 24 hours,while the people who are picking up the tab continue to work themselves to an early grave for even longer until they’ll be allowed to retire on a pittance of a state pension?

And all the drug pushers and runners will just turn to another crime,like mugging or car jacking to earn their living.

We spend about £15b a year combating illegal drug use...

There would be more than enough savings to invest in other areas.

Completely agree about the criminals though, they'll find new avenues of revenue and we have another issue.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 20:08 - Jul 31 with 787 viewsessextaxiboy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 19:52 - Jul 31 by stowmarketrange

If you think of a dependent drug addict as a criminal then the sentiment behind what you say is understandable , but if you change your mindset to think of them as a patient with a mental health problem then the money becomes justified.
Savings from policing , emergency services , prisons , would all help tip the financial scales back the other way .
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 20:15 - Jul 31 with 780 viewsstowmarketrange

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 20:08 - Jul 31 by essextaxiboy

If you think of a dependent drug addict as a criminal then the sentiment behind what you say is understandable , but if you change your mindset to think of them as a patient with a mental health problem then the money becomes justified.
Savings from policing , emergency services , prisons , would all help tip the financial scales back the other way .

There are a lot more people with mental health problems than there are drug addicts I’d guess.Not everyone takes the easy option of illegal drugs though.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 20:28 - Jul 31 with 756 viewsessextaxiboy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 20:15 - Jul 31 by stowmarketrange

There are a lot more people with mental health problems than there are drug addicts I’d guess.Not everyone takes the easy option of illegal drugs though.

But lots (including myself ) take legal drugs for mental health issues . My doctor and pharmacist are my dealers . I think its me who is taking the easy option .
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 20:28]
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 00:19 - Aug 1 with 674 viewsstowmarketrange

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 20:28 - Jul 31 by essextaxiboy

But lots (including myself ) take legal drugs for mental health issues . My doctor and pharmacist are my dealers . I think its me who is taking the easy option .
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 20:28]

As soon as I put drugs I realised that I meant to say illegal drugs,but I was working so I couldn’t change it.
The legal drugs that you take will hopefully help your problem,and that isn’t something that can be said for the illegal ones.They will only mask the problem until the user comes back down from the high from their illegal ones.Sooner or later they’ll have to take more and more of the stuff to kill the pain from their mental health issues.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024