Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League Cup 2nd round 22:19 - Aug 11 with 4650 viewsCamberleyR

At home to Oxford, a repeat of the 198....oh hang on, that never happened.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

League Cup 2nd round on 07:30 - Aug 12 with 1580 viewsPhildo

Oh yes 15 year old me did the walk to Wembley in a pair of new shoes so my feet bled. I do think if we had won on the day I would not have realised the significance because at that age you assume there will be a lot more success ahead
League Cup 2nd round on 07:41 - Aug 12 with 1564 viewsJuzzie

League Cup 2nd round on 06:53 - Aug 12 by SydneyRs

They weren't that good, they were almost relegated that season. Our "performance" that day was, and still is, unforgivable.

Oxford had some very good players but so did we. We simply froze on the day and couldn’t handle their counter-attacking.
It was our problem we played so poorly, not theirs, so I don’t bear any grudges however disappointed I was and still am over the Final.
League Cup 2nd round on 07:52 - Aug 12 with 1538 viewsonlyrinmoray

Travelled down on a bus from Inverness to the match then back overnight on the bus straight afterwards Things you do for QPR ……never again
League Cup 2nd round on 09:51 - Aug 12 with 1411 viewsBostonR

Easily 70,000 R's fans in Wembley for that Cup Final game. Blue and White everywhere in and around the stadium.
League Cup 2nd round on 09:57 - Aug 12 with 1393 viewsSonofpugwash

Don't forget this one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114904781901?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkr

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

League Cup 2nd round on 10:01 - Aug 12 with 1395 viewsJuzzie

League Cup 2nd round on 09:51 - Aug 12 by BostonR

Easily 70,000 R's fans in Wembley for that Cup Final game. Blue and White everywhere in and around the stadium.

I think we have the unofficial record for the most set of fans at a major Wembley final?
League Cup 2nd round on 11:15 - Aug 12 with 1343 viewsheadhoops

Went to every game, home and away, in the run up to the final. Was getting married in the September and with the excitement of the final the bride to be insisted on coming along. Around 85 minutes I said thats it were going to which she replied, can't we watch them run around with the cup? Decisions were made, we left, she's not been to a game since and we are still happily married.

I also recall a game at the manor, think it ended 3-3 and it pi$$ed down??

Looking forward to the game.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

League Cup 2nd round on 13:24 - Aug 12 with 1254 viewsMichael_Hunt

League Cup 2nd round on 09:57 - Aug 12 by Sonofpugwash

Don't forget this one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114904781901?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkr

The “Alan Wilkes” game 5-1 and he scored all 5
Login to get fewer ads

League Cup 2nd round on 18:48 - Aug 12 with 1108 viewsNorthantsHoop

The 1986 Milk Cup final against Oxford was a massive low for me supporting the hoops. We just never turned up for the final. At the end of the 1985/86 season did not renew my season ticket and at the age of 23 stopped going, regretted it but life changes came along, marriage, kids, moving away from London . It was not until being invited to attend the play off final in 2014 that I really re-connected with the Rsss again, got into it big time and have had a season ticket since, probably love it more these days in my 50s then when I was a youngster. Although those 70s and early 80s Rangers days were pretty special.
League Cup 2nd round on 19:35 - Aug 12 with 1053 viewsextratimeR

One of our worst days out, it was terrible.
( As mentioned, years later looked at their team on the day, some very good players).
League Cup 2nd round on 19:57 - Aug 12 with 1030 viewsStanisgod

League Cup 2nd round on 19:35 - Aug 12 by extratimeR

One of our worst days out, it was terrible.
( As mentioned, years later looked at their team on the day, some very good players).

Yes but so did a certain Liverpool and Chelsea. 😁

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

League Cup 2nd round on 09:21 - Aug 13 with 896 viewsCamberleyR

League Cup 2nd round on 19:57 - Aug 12 by Stanisgod

Yes but so did a certain Liverpool and Chelsea. 😁

That was the really annoying thing, we were the team that stopped Liverpool doing the domestic treble that season but ultimately it meant nothing.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

League Cup 2nd round on 10:27 - Aug 13 with 831 viewsSuperhoop83

League Cup 2nd round on 11:15 - Aug 12 by headhoops

Went to every game, home and away, in the run up to the final. Was getting married in the September and with the excitement of the final the bride to be insisted on coming along. Around 85 minutes I said thats it were going to which she replied, can't we watch them run around with the cup? Decisions were made, we left, she's not been to a game since and we are still happily married.

I also recall a game at the manor, think it ended 3-3 and it pi$$ed down??

Looking forward to the game.

That was 3 weeks before the final, two days before we beat Chelsea 6-0.

We were a very patchy side that season but the run to the final had been so amazing and Oxford were fighting relegation, so our expectations were sky high but we were simply played off the park once they took the lead.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 10:27]

Suffering since 1978.

League Cup 2nd round on 11:14 - Aug 13 with 796 viewsthemodfather

the 86 fiasco, i blame the media bigging up jim smith and his link to oxford, qpr hardly got a mention ....on the day we were awful, if i recall it was the first time or one of the first, finals played on a sunday and i wonder did the extra day get to us? as faves!? qpr as favourites!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024