Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Food 22:49 - Aug 13 with 14318 views_Windydale

Can someone do a review of any food purchased tomorrow?

Be nice to know if it's fine dining or jailhouse slop. Maybe there's a fans favourite

The local caterers serve up food for the flying house and Baum. I hope it's all a gastronomic goal.

Food on 21:45 - Aug 14 with 3375 viewskel

I had a crispy chicken kebab which was lovely and had a good kick. I’d happily pay the same for a bit less naan though as my mouth was dry as a bone before getting to the chicken.

The girl in the main stand west kiosk was a credit to her employer with how helpful she was explaining all the options to my lads.
Food on 22:59 - Aug 14 with 3250 viewsdalefan10

absolutely awful crust was rock hard and when you did get in no taste wilbutts lane chipy will be busyier this year
Food on 23:08 - Aug 14 with 3229 viewsboromat

Food on 21:09 - Aug 14 by blackdogblue

Did I read somewhere food was cooked to order & nothing would “run out”??

They also said it wouldn't be perfect straight away and that they'd be welcoming feedback from what I remember.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Food on 00:33 - Aug 15 with 3131 viewsBlueMessiah

Was hoping to try a kebab but by the time I'd got into the ground they we're sold out. The staff were trying to get some from other kiosks which was fair enough but couldn't be arsed waiting and missing even more of the match.

Had a chicken balti pie instead and was impressed. Proper lumps of chicken breast and spicy veg, was like a proper chicken balti in a pie, not some semi-spicy mush. Pie casing was solid enough for it to be eaten properly (in hand) but not too hard that it would break my teeth. Will try one of the others on Tuesday - or a kebab if I'm lucky enough! 🤞

Poll: Do I Know You?

Food on 18:12 - Aug 15 with 2648 viewsncfc_chalky

Right then,just had a rag pudding but as a part of a Sunday dinner but it's probably best with chips n gravy,I've got admit that it was lovely and I will give it a 9/10,there was definitely a pepper taste to it but not to make it unpleasant,I'm gonna try the Lee's ones next time to compare to them,lovely and hot when steamed

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Food on 18:15 - Aug 15 with 2638 viewsblackdogblue

Food on 18:12 - Aug 15 by ncfc_chalky

Right then,just had a rag pudding but as a part of a Sunday dinner but it's probably best with chips n gravy,I've got admit that it was lovely and I will give it a 9/10,there was definitely a pepper taste to it but not to make it unpleasant,I'm gonna try the Lee's ones next time to compare to them,lovely and hot when steamed

https://www.kimbersfarmshop.co.uk/offal/tripe/

Get some onions in Chalky lad.. here’s your next step 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Food on 18:21 - Aug 15 with 2619 viewsncfc_chalky

Food on 18:15 - Aug 15 by blackdogblue

https://www.kimbersfarmshop.co.uk/offal/tripe/

Get some onions in Chalky lad.. here’s your next step 😀

OMG... I was expecting some onions in the link,it looks revolting 🤢

Food on 18:22 - Aug 15 with 2617 viewsblackdogblue

Food on 18:21 - Aug 15 by ncfc_chalky

OMG... I was expecting some onions in the link,it looks revolting 🤢

You can’t beat a good bit of Tripe 😀

Step 3 is a dripping butty

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Food on 21:10 - Aug 15 with 2501 viewsDalenet

Food on 18:22 - Aug 15 by blackdogblue

You can’t beat a good bit of Tripe 😀

Step 3 is a dripping butty

At £6. It used to be the poor mans protein. Or dog food. I can remember the tripe stalls on Rochdale indoor market. Honeycomb with a bit of vinegar and salt and pepper. None o that cooking it with milk and onions lark
Food on 21:16 - Aug 15 with 2485 viewsncfc_chalky

Food on 21:10 - Aug 15 by Dalenet

At £6. It used to be the poor mans protein. Or dog food. I can remember the tripe stalls on Rochdale indoor market. Honeycomb with a bit of vinegar and salt and pepper. None o that cooking it with milk and onions lark

I'm almost dreading the answer because I've got a horrible feeling in the pit of my gut but here goes...

How did they cook it then in the market?

Food on 21:29 - Aug 15 with 2447 viewsD_Alien

Food on 21:16 - Aug 15 by ncfc_chalky

I'm almost dreading the answer because I've got a horrible feeling in the pit of my gut but here goes...

It's generally boiled, chalky, but dogs can eat it raw

As far as they're concerned, it's Lancashire Sushi

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Food on 21:36 - Aug 15 with 2420 viewsncfc_chalky

Food on 21:29 - Aug 15 by D_Alien

It's generally boiled, chalky, but dogs can eat it raw

As far as they're concerned, it's Lancashire Sushi

Thank chuff for that,I honestly thought that it was going to be eaten raw

Food on 21:51 - Aug 15 with 2385 viewsD_Alien

Food on 21:36 - Aug 15 by ncfc_chalky

Thank chuff for that,I honestly thought that it was going to be eaten raw

Hate to maintain your discomfort, but in the light of the past few days and given the choice, what would you rather eat, if forced?

Tripe, or cheese?

Food on 22:02 - Aug 15 with 2354 viewsncfc_chalky

Food on 21:51 - Aug 15 by D_Alien

Hate to maintain your discomfort, but in the light of the past few days and given the choice, what would you rather eat, if forced?

Tripe, or cheese?

I just can't eat cheese,it literally wouldn't teach my throat, because it would be spat out straight away,I've just had a vision of cheese in my teeth and I feel nauseous,as for tripe,it's disgusting and I wouldn't enjoy it but if forced it would probably reach my stomach before heading straight back up again pronto....would a chip butty be available instead?

Food on 22:09 - Aug 15 with 2339 viewsD_Alien

Food on 22:02 - Aug 15 by ncfc_chalky

I just can't eat cheese,it literally wouldn't teach my throat, because it would be spat out straight away,I've just had a vision of cheese in my teeth and I feel nauseous,as for tripe,it's disgusting and I wouldn't enjoy it but if forced it would probably reach my stomach before heading straight back up again pronto....would a chip butty be available instead?

Dunno about teaching your throat, but your taste buds need an education

And no, because only Lancashire lads can do a chip butty properly. Don't try it at home

Food on 22:18 - Aug 15 with 2311 viewsncfc_chalky

Food on 22:09 - Aug 15 by D_Alien

Dunno about teaching your throat, but your taste buds need an education

And no, because only Lancashire lads can do a chip butty properly. Don't try it at home

If I was being offered tripe to eat I would take it for granted that I was already in Lancashire

Food on 22:25 - Aug 15 with 2284 viewsD_Alien

Food on 22:18 - Aug 15 by ncfc_chalky

If I was being offered tripe to eat I would take it for granted that I was already in Lancashire

That's an offal reply

Food on 22:30 - Aug 15 with 2262 viewsDalenet

Food on 21:16 - Aug 15 by ncfc_chalky

Tripe is green when it is raw. So if it offered to you white or translucent it is indeed boiled. But often people would then cook it in milk and onions to try and put come flavour into it. I used to be given it plain, with vinegar and tomatoes.

After you have tried tripe you need to try elder. The tripe stalls used to sell that too. Think ox tongue - but elder is cows udder. Has a texture of spam. I once asked my boss's wife to try it but only told her what it was after she had swallowed it. She spent time over a bucket and I almost lost my job.
Food on 22:48 - Aug 15 with 2228 viewsD_Alien

Food on 22:30 - Aug 15 by Dalenet

Tripe is green when it is raw. So if it offered to you white or translucent it is indeed boiled. But often people would then cook it in milk and onions to try and put come flavour into it. I used to be given it plain, with vinegar and tomatoes.

After you have tried tripe you need to try elder. The tripe stalls used to sell that too. Think ox tongue - but elder is cows udder. Has a texture of spam. I once asked my boss's wife to try it but only told her what it was after she had swallowed it. She spent time over a bucket and I almost lost my job.

Even bury fans get lucky once in a while

Food on 09:36 - Aug 16 with 1979 viewsBigKindo

Food on 22:30 - Aug 15 by Dalenet

Didn't they bleach it to make it white? There was a tripe works on Primrose St. just off Spotland Road.
Food on 09:56 - Aug 16 with 1930 viewsDalenet

Food on 09:36 - Aug 16 by BigKindo

Didn't they bleach it to make it white? There was a tripe works on Primrose St. just off Spotland Road.

I think you are right - bleached and boiled. God the things we ate back in the 60's/70s
Food on 11:46 - Aug 16 with 1816 viewsBigKindo

Food on 09:56 - Aug 16 by Dalenet

I think you are right - bleached and boiled. God the things we ate back in the 60's/70s

........ and the 1940's and 1950's.
Food on 13:59 - Aug 16 with 1717 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

By the time I got to the Sandy Lane kiosk, it was nearly half time and all but the cheese and onion pies had been sold out. I had one which was criminally priced but it was good. 8/10
Food on 14:04 - Aug 16 with 1709 viewsncfc_chalky

Food on 13:59 - Aug 16 by RooleyMoorBlue

By the time I got to the Sandy Lane kiosk, it was nearly half time and all but the cheese and onion pies had been sold out. I had one which was criminally priced but it was good. 8/10

"all but the cheese and onion pies had been sold out"

'nuff said

Food on 14:10 - Aug 16 with 1702 viewsAtThePeake

Vegan sausage roll was very good and very filling.

Tangled up in blue.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024