Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Gray 12:43 - Aug 19 with 7265 viewspaulhoop2

Looks like still being linked heavily !

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Andre Gray on 15:35 - Aug 20 with 2066 viewsDavieQPR

We could do with a bit of an attacking all rounder. Someone who can cover for Chair or Willock. Unless Thomas can up his game which at the moment doesn't look likely.
Andre Gray on 15:55 - Aug 20 with 1995 viewsgazza1

Andre Gray on 15:35 - Aug 20 by DavieQPR

We could do with a bit of an attacking all rounder. Someone who can cover for Chair or Willock. Unless Thomas can up his game which at the moment doesn't look likely.

Yes, the jury is out on Thomas but to judge him 'fair & square' he has got to be given the chance. MW, obviously, is happy with keeping him here. Probably got a good attitude.
Andre Gray on 21:37 - Aug 20 with 1747 viewsbaz_qpr

Watford colleague tells me there is not a Watford fan who would drive him to whichever club themselves, he's not been great for 5 years. About to have a kid with one of the girls from Little Mix. Buying a name with a poster girlfriend is QPR of old. Better to have a hungry youth from a top 6 prem club on loan IMHO
Andre Gray on 23:18 - Aug 20 with 1555 viewsfrancisbowles

I'm happy with whatever Warburton and Sir Les decide. They've done pretty well with recruitment lately.
Andre Gray on 23:23 - Aug 20 with 1537 viewsDavieQPR

Andre Gray on 23:18 - Aug 20 by francisbowles

I'm happy with whatever Warburton and Sir Les decide. They've done pretty well with recruitment lately.

True
Andre Gray on 01:32 - Aug 21 with 1464 viewsBazzeR

Andre Gray on 21:37 - Aug 20 by baz_qpr

Watford colleague tells me there is not a Watford fan who would drive him to whichever club themselves, he's not been great for 5 years. About to have a kid with one of the girls from Little Mix. Buying a name with a poster girlfriend is QPR of old. Better to have a hungry youth from a top 6 prem club on loan IMHO

‘Better to have a hungry youth from a top 6 prem club on loan IMHO’

After watching a few You Tube videos of Andre Gray in his pomp a few years ago I came to the same conclusion.
Spurs have a youngster that recently became the youngest ever to play in the prem at just 16.
His name is Dane Scarlett and Jose Mourinio once backed him to be phenomenal for England in the future.
His goal scoring record for Spurs youth is near enough a goal per game so lots of hype from their fans on if they should wrap him in cotton wool at Spurs or send him out on loan this season.
Looking at him on You Tube he looks a strong typical number 9 type striker very similar to our own Sinclair Armstrong.
Is he any better than Armstrong ,no not really IMO.
Andre Gray on 16:32 - Aug 25 with 1063 viewsE17hoop

70k a week? For 40 weeks to the end of May that'd be £2.8m burnt on a loanee. No thanks.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

Andre Gray on 18:31 - Aug 25 with 798 viewssimmo

Andre Gray on 21:37 - Aug 20 by baz_qpr

Disagree about a 'hungry youth' player - anybody like that would just be getting in the way of Kelman and to a lesser degree, the U23 / B Team strikers. A successful top 6 youth teamer also very rarely translates at our level, or any pro team for that matter. There are exceptions like Bamford or Brewster, but there's far more examples like Parrott or Nketiah that were the latest hot things and did fck all - the step up between Cat A youth and Championship is MASSIVE.

What we actually need, if anything, is someone a little more proven that isn't going to kick off if they're not picked every week, but could be good enough to lead the line should we lose Austin and/or Dykes through injury. Recent spells with an inconsistent Watford team aside, he's only just turned 30 and has a brilliant scoring record at this level for multiple teams.

It's doubtful on us being able to rely on Kelman as the main striker atm if we lose our main 2, so someone like Gray that's known to the manager would be a good fit for the reasons above. He may not be particularly liked at Watford, but we've picked a good few players based on Warburton, and Wallace injuries aside, we haven't gone far wrong. If the money works and we're not overstretching, I can see the benefit.

Lastly, I couldn't give a shite who his mrs is, plenty of footballers go out with high profile people and it doesn't mean anything unless you care about tabloid churn.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024