Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We'll Settle For Eight 00:45 - Aug 26 with 2070 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What a graceless thing for a club to say. A hopeless miss-match against a minnow and this is what your club tweets?

Shame.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

We'll Settle For Eight on 00:53 - Aug 26 with 2031 viewsHooparoo

So much for sportsmanship. What a bunch of c@nts!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

We'll Settle For Eight on 04:56 - Aug 26 with 1819 viewsnix

Awful.
We'll Settle For Eight on 07:30 - Aug 26 with 1635 viewsngbqpr

And from a club that’s been on the wrong end of two 9-0 defeats in the last couple of years 😱

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

We'll Settle For Eight on 11:37 - Aug 26 with 1235 viewsPaddyhoops

We'll Settle For Eight on 07:30 - Aug 26 by ngbqpr

And from a club that’s been on the wrong end of two 9-0 defeats in the last couple of years 😱

Couldn't agree more Brian. Lacked grace and class.
Gap ,sadly grows ever larger!!
We'll Settle For Eight on 11:42 - Aug 26 with 1210 viewsJeff

We'll Settle For Eight on 07:30 - Aug 26 by ngbqpr

I'm going to attempt to give Southampton the benefit of the doubt here, and their 'we'll settle for 8' is in fact a self deprecating reference to the 9-0 defeats of recent times

i'm basing this on the first tweet Brian quoted having 'surely not...' when at 8-0, which is an obvious reference to the 9-0's

I mean, it's not a hill i'm willing to die on, and i'm sure that all at Newport were thrilled by the hiding, but i think this is attempting to be more self-referential than overtly externally crass against Newport

Can we not knock it?

We'll Settle For Eight on 11:51 - Aug 26 with 1166 viewssprocket

Not very clever from Southampton there as it will come back to haunt them after all they are a "little" club.

What is more dismaying is the manner in which most clubs from all divisions treat the competition with disdain. Man City have won it for last 4 years and have shown it some respect at least albeit they have more resources than most.

Watching West Brom get torn a new one last night after making 11 changes from the weekend maddens the hell and depresses me in equal measures.
We'll Settle For Eight on 11:54 - Aug 26 with 1150 viewsMrSheen

We'll Settle For Eight on 11:42 - Aug 26 by Jeff

I'm going to attempt to give Southampton the benefit of the doubt here, and their 'we'll settle for 8' is in fact a self deprecating reference to the 9-0 defeats of recent times

i'm basing this on the first tweet Brian quoted having 'surely not...' when at 8-0, which is an obvious reference to the 9-0's

I mean, it's not a hill i'm willing to die on, and i'm sure that all at Newport were thrilled by the hiding, but i think this is attempting to be more self-referential than overtly externally crass against Newport

I think you're right on this, people in social media world not realising how their comments might be read in real world, rather than spitefulness towards Newport.. There was some funny stuff directed at them by Ipswich when they matched their 9-0.
We'll Settle For Eight on 12:20 - Aug 26 with 1051 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We'll Settle For Eight on 11:42 - Aug 26 by Jeff

I think you might be right on this , Jeff.

Mea culpa.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

We'll Settle For Eight on 12:26 - Aug 26 with 1002 viewsDavieQPR

I've seen the adverts. It's After Eight that counts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024