Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley - Prem Recruitment 21:10 - Aug 27 with 1714 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/paul-conway/

Check out the mess of the recruitment section:

"We really need players who want to play for Barnsley, who want to be at our club. And during the process this summer of looking to strengthen our squad, we've had some really interesting situations.

"We reached agreements with three different Premier League clubs for three players we felt would be ideal for us in terms of their talent. One of these players told us we'd need to pay him 40% more to play for Barnsley. That was a short conversation. The second one basically told us he didn't agree with our style of play, that we'd need to change that if he was to come. Again, a very short conversation.

"The third one is the funniest one. We had a signed transfer agreement, we'd agreed personal terms, we'd done the medical and the player was scheduled to do his media pieces before signing the contract. And then the player just drove away! We were like, 'where did he go?' and he'd just left the club and got in his car and left!

"But that's probably a good thing, because it shows he wasn't the right player for our football club. The most important part of any transfer, is knowing the player is happy to be here and play for Barnsley. But they also need to fit into our wage scale, because we are one of only two clubs in the division who balances its budget. And of course, they have to be reasonable transfer fees.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2021 21:10]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Barnsley - Prem Recruitment on 21:16 - Aug 27 with 1673 viewsMick_S

I like the style of number two. You don’t want to play my way. How dare you.

If only he, and they, could be named.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Barnsley - Prem Recruitment on 21:19 - Aug 27 with 1657 viewsaston_hoop

Barnsley - Prem Recruitment on 21:16 - Aug 27 by Mick_S

I like the style of number two. You don’t want to play my way. How dare you.

If only he, and they, could be named.

Number 3 is Admiral Muskwe apparently, on loan at Wycombe last year and now at Luton. No idea on the other 2

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Barnsley - Prem Recruitment on 22:08 - Aug 27 with 1513 viewsLazyFan

It could be alleged that Hasselbaink as a player would be like number 2 but worse as he did it on the pitch.

His attitude was 'give me the ball when I want it and I score', he would often remonstrate with his own team if they did not, getting visibly angry during the match in front of everyone if they did not give him the ball ... allegedly.

To be fair, when he got the ball he did score so, I kinda get the point if you deliver, which for most of his career he did. But I do wonder if he would tolerate that sort of attitude now he's a manager.

As for Barnsley, that's a dangerous game they are playing, as now players will think "I would consider them, but they probably will think I am unreasonable when I ask for my fav number 69 so, I shall ask my agent to look elsewhere".

By airing their disgruntlement with players, players may feel they won't want them for whatever reason and mentally move on, when actually it could have been a great move for all parties.

These comments I feel are as arrogant as the players who did not want to play for them after all.

zzzzzzzzzz

Barnsley - Prem Recruitment on 00:48 - Aug 28 with 1294 viewsdistortR

Barnsley - Prem Recruitment on 22:08 - Aug 27 by LazyFan

It could be alleged that Hasselbaink as a player would be like number 2 but worse as he did it on the pitch.

His attitude was 'give me the ball when I want it and I score', he would often remonstrate with his own team if they did not, getting visibly angry during the match in front of everyone if they did not give him the ball ... allegedly.

To be fair, when he got the ball he did score so, I kinda get the point if you deliver, which for most of his career he did. But I do wonder if he would tolerate that sort of attitude now he's a manager.

As for Barnsley, that's a dangerous game they are playing, as now players will think "I would consider them, but they probably will think I am unreasonable when I ask for my fav number 69 so, I shall ask my agent to look elsewhere".

By airing their disgruntlement with players, players may feel they won't want them for whatever reason and mentally move on, when actually it could have been a great move for all parties.

These comments I feel are as arrogant as the players who did not want to play for them after all.

got to disagree, mate.
The players they didn't sign, we used to.
looks like they are scouting the same market as us - young, hungry players, eager to learn.
It showed on Saturday.
Barnsley - Prem Recruitment on 13:13 - Aug 28 with 974 viewsdanehoop

Barnsley - Prem Recruitment on 00:48 - Aug 28 by distortR

got to disagree, mate.
The players they didn't sign, we used to.
looks like they are scouting the same market as us - young, hungry players, eager to learn.
It showed on Saturday.

If the the third one was Muskwe, he subsequently joined Luton. Not sure what that says about the overall attractiveness of Barnsley. Suspect it may have been a somewhat better financial package for the Luton contract, I mean it would have to be really wouldn't it?

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024