Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. 11:00 - Aug 30 with 14864 viewsfrancisbowles

QPR fan, LFW reader and possibly poster, is losing his Mon -Fri slot and from the 13th September is going to be on Friday, Saturday and Sunday with different timings on each day. The show has been going for more than 25 years!

Those of you, like me, who are regular listeners will be disappointed and wondering what he is going to do about all the regular features he has built up over time, like Listed Londoner, Cover to Cover, El Perfection etc etc. My mornings just won't be the same.

Can't think his wife will be too happy either, with him having to work every weekend.!

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2021/08/new-daytime-schedule-announced-at-bbc-radio-lon
Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 11:20 - Aug 31 with 3331 viewsmarkrtid

Not listened since the fekin BBC killed off GLR. They are now busy dismantling BBC Radio 6 with their, ' if it aint broke lets diversify it' agenda by turning it into Radio 1 xtra extra.
Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 20:45 - Sep 1 with 3099 viewsTGRRRSSS

Fun Fact, maybe little known maybe not.

JO Good appeared in the 2nd episode of Only Fools and Horses.
Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 21:15 - Sep 1 with 3043 viewsw7r

Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 20:45 - Sep 1 by TGRRRSSS

And as Carol Sands on Crossroads. If you’re old enough to remember that.
Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 22:15 - Sep 1 with 2926 viewsBoston

Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 20:45 - Sep 1 by TGRRRSSS

Front or back end?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 13:38 - Sep 2 with 2770 viewsTGRRRSSS

Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 21:15 - Sep 1 by w7r

And as Carol Sands on Crossroads. If you’re old enough to remember that.

Nope before my time
Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 13:39 - Sep 2 with 2766 viewsTGRRRSSS

Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 22:15 - Sep 1 by Boston

Front or back end?

She was one of those 2 "sorts" as Del would say
Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 11:20 - Sep 3 with 2547 viewsRs_Holy

Robert has announced it officially on his show this morning.... It is getting a bit emotional!
Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 11:28 - Sep 3 with 2534 viewsLythamR

Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 13:38 - Sep 2 by TGRRRSSS

Nope before my time

She played a perky scrappy trainee mechanic in the garage, one of the main feature characters for a while around early 80's i imagine
Login to get fewer ads

Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 15:10 - Sep 3 with 2440 viewsw7r

Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 11:28 - Sep 3 by LythamR

She played a perky scrappy trainee mechanic in the garage, one of the main feature characters for a while around early 80's i imagine

Haha, a Crossroads fan then Lytham, or did you watch under duress?

Lytham, an odd question possibly, but were you once a member of the 4th Perivale?
Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 21:11 - Sep 3 with 2306 viewsLythamR

Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 15:10 - Sep 3 by w7r

Haha, a Crossroads fan then Lytham, or did you watch under duress?

Lytham, an odd question possibly, but were you once a member of the 4th Perivale?

It was Crossroads for a quiet life back then

That is an incredible leap from Crossroads to 4th Perivale but yes :)
Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 11:45 - Sep 5 with 2143 viewsw7r

Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 21:11 - Sep 3 by LythamR

It was Crossroads for a quiet life back then

That is an incredible leap from Crossroads to 4th Perivale but yes :)

Our paths crossed on Bens qpr.org site (at least I think it was) many moons ago.

It's "Benny" here - you may remember me - went to Selborne school with your sister.
Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 13:36 - Sep 5 with 2070 viewsTacticalR

Previous discussion of the Robert Elms show last year
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/256874/robert-elm

I used to listen to it regularly until a few years ago...what really put me off was the BBC's decision to stop distributing the show as a normal podcast - you have to use BBC Sounds, and that won't automatically download episodes onto your device - you have to manually download each episode. Other BBC shows like the BBC Football Daily you can automatically download to your device using any podcasting app.

Another thing that grates slightly since Brexit is Elms going on about how cosmopolitan and open we all are. I wish that were true, but I don't think it is.

Air hostess clique

Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 10:31 - Sep 6 with 1923 viewsLythamR

Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 11:45 - Sep 5 by w7r

Our paths crossed on Bens qpr.org site (at least I think it was) many moons ago.

It's "Benny" here - you may remember me - went to Selborne school with your sister.

Ah Yes, I remember, you were 2 years down from me at Selborne, :) Hope all is good with you.
Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 09:46 - Sep 18 with 1575 viewsw7r

Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 10:31 - Sep 6 by LythamR

Ah Yes, I remember, you were 2 years down from me at Selborne, :) Hope all is good with you.

I’m fine thanks, hope all’s well with you (and Natasha).
Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 11:13 - Sep 18 with 1503 viewsgazza1

Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 10:31 - Sep 6 by LythamR

I thought Selborne was an 'all boys' school....well it was when I attended.
Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 09:08 - Sep 19 with 1342 viewsw7r

Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 11:13 - Sep 18 by gazza1

I thought Selborne was an 'all boys' school....well it was when I attended.

Hi gazza1. IIRC it went to mixed around 1971/2. I was in the infants from ‘69, left juniors in ‘76 at which time the juniors occupied the Conway Crescent end of the school which I think would have been used during the “boys only” years.

It was a long time ago mind so the old mists of time and all that.
Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 13:35 - Sep 19 with 1212 viewsLythamR

Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 09:08 - Sep 19 by w7r

Hi gazza1. IIRC it went to mixed around 1971/2. I was in the infants from ‘69, left juniors in ‘76 at which time the juniors occupied the Conway Crescent end of the school which I think would have been used during the “boys only” years.

Infants and Juniors were mixed, Secondary school was conway crescent side I left juniors in 73 Mr Williams was my final form teacher. My dad went to the Selborne Secondary school in 52 after transferring from John Perryn. I have feeling it was a boys only school at that time
Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 13:46 - Sep 19 with 1192 viewsgazza1

Robert Elms losing his daily radio show. on 09:08 - Sep 19 by w7r

I went to Selbourne from 1962 - 67....all boys, Conway Crescent was the gates. Junior School at the other end. Good times there.

Forgot many of the teachers names but a few were Harry Stern (he was quere!! and fancied me), Petty (Tech Drawing), Woods (Georgraphy (fooking bully, used to beat me frequently), Thompson (Biology - boring but liked football), Miss Gooch (French teacher and only lady teacher in the school - she got abused!!), Squire ( Maths - horrid person and tough from up Norf I think), Bucton (Music - I hated that!!), Pickup (PE and a good man - got me out of lessons to help him mark the pitches out - I was the envy of the class out on the football and running pitches!!), Cant remember the head masters name but he liked giving me the fooking can across my arse and on the hands and writing in the book why he had canned me - bar stewerd!!

Anyway, good times in a good era.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024