Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leo and Chrissie 23:08 - Aug 30 with 2674 viewsizlingtonhoop

They've both won just about everything, and neither needs any more money, and have nothing to prove.

Wouldn't it be a more interesting challenge for either of them (for themselves or audience) to sign for a second-string club and see how they and whomever they join get on?
Leo and Chrissie on 23:54 - Aug 30 with 2610 viewsMyke

A very interesting idea in theory. In reality someone would try to damage various parts of their body every game.
Leo and Chrissie on 00:59 - Aug 31 with 2523 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Messi has only won the CL once if memory serves me correctly and now with PSG its pretty much a done deal they will win it.Even if KM leaves they have enough outfield talent and experience plus a brand new world class keeper.
I think he will stick around until he gets another then head back to Argentina .
As for CR he has 2 good years left IMO but with United he could possibly grab another CL.
We will never see another Superstar join a smaller club the way the money is flying around and its becoming the same in every sport.Big names playing together to win titles I dont like it but its just the way now
Leo and Chrissie on 07:19 - Aug 31 with 2377 viewssaxbend

Maybe they'll end up at Forest. Seems everyone does eventually and FFP doesn't apply there.
Leo and Chrissie on 07:31 - Aug 31 with 2348 viewstraininvain

Leo and Chrissie on 00:59 - Aug 31 by CLAREMAN1995

Messi has only won the CL once if memory serves me correctly and now with PSG its pretty much a done deal they will win it.Even if KM leaves they have enough outfield talent and experience plus a brand new world class keeper.
I think he will stick around until he gets another then head back to Argentina .
As for CR he has 2 good years left IMO but with United he could possibly grab another CL.
We will never see another Superstar join a smaller club the way the money is flying around and its becoming the same in every sport.Big names playing together to win titles I dont like it but its just the way now

Messi’s actually won four champions leagues. I wouldn’t say it’s a done deal that he’ll win another at PSG, particularly if they sell Mbappe to Real which looks likely.

I’ve found Messi joining PSG a bit depressing to be honest. Always thought he’d finish his career at Barcelona which just felt right given he’d been with them since joining as a kid.

Instead we’ll see one of (if not the) the greatest footballers of all time end his career at one of the three oil clubs who seem intent on making elite level football as uninteresting as possible.

I wonder if Chelsea, Man City and PSG fans feel anything when they win trophies as it all looks a bit hollow to me.
Leo and Chrissie on 08:01 - Aug 31 with 2285 viewsdistortR

united fans over here are unbearable right now, god, they are going to sell some shirts, some units, modern football, eh?

But...........in a league where most games are at least competitive, i'm not convinced he'll be everything they imagine, at 36, or how his 'feed me' ego will work within that team. And other teams are still going to go up the other end...
Leo and Chrissie on 08:03 - Aug 31 with 2283 viewsDaBurgh

Leo and Chrissie on 07:31 - Aug 31 by traininvain

Messi’s actually won four champions leagues. I wouldn’t say it’s a done deal that he’ll win another at PSG, particularly if they sell Mbappe to Real which looks likely.

I’ve found Messi joining PSG a bit depressing to be honest. Always thought he’d finish his career at Barcelona which just felt right given he’d been with them since joining as a kid.

Instead we’ll see one of (if not the) the greatest footballers of all time end his career at one of the three oil clubs who seem intent on making elite level football as uninteresting as possible.

I wonder if Chelsea, Man City and PSG fans feel anything when they win trophies as it all looks a bit hollow to me.

How much do they personally need? Messi must be approaching lifetime earnings of the billion euro mark, if not there already. Ronaldo slumming it on maybe half or three quarters of that. Always thought that in their last season they could give back to the people that have made them extremely wealthy. The parents that sacrificed and went without because they spent a small fortune for their child to have Messi approved shirts, boots, shin pads, underwear, pyjamas etc etc ad nauseum. I think paying for the season pass on every seat in the stadium, in their farewell season would be reasonable. Ludicrous right? For us yes, for them maybe 3 months salary. A drop in the bucket compared to what their fan base has given them.
Leo and Chrissie on 08:09 - Aug 31 with 2257 viewsdistortR

Leo and Chrissie on 08:03 - Aug 31 by DaBurgh

How much do they personally need? Messi must be approaching lifetime earnings of the billion euro mark, if not there already. Ronaldo slumming it on maybe half or three quarters of that. Always thought that in their last season they could give back to the people that have made them extremely wealthy. The parents that sacrificed and went without because they spent a small fortune for their child to have Messi approved shirts, boots, shin pads, underwear, pyjamas etc etc ad nauseum. I think paying for the season pass on every seat in the stadium, in their farewell season would be reasonable. Ludicrous right? For us yes, for them maybe 3 months salary. A drop in the bucket compared to what their fan base has given them.

with you on that, messi's "I really want to stay at Barca but they can't afford me, now I'm going to cry" bollox had me shouting at the radio.
Leo and Chrissie on 08:26 - Aug 31 with 2216 viewstraininvain

Leo and Chrissie on 08:09 - Aug 31 by distortR

with you on that, messi's "I really want to stay at Barca but they can't afford me, now I'm going to cry" bollox had me shouting at the radio.

Worth noting that Messi offered to reduce his salary by 50% to stay at Barcelona but couldn’t go any lower due to a clause in Spanish employment law that is in place to avoid financial manipulation.

Source: https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/lionel-messi-barcelona-wages-la-liga-salary-c

Granted that Messi could’ve joined plenty of other clubs but I would guess that his decision to join PSG was as much about his chances of winning the champions league as the money he’ll make which is surely just another drop in the ocean when you look at his net worth. Still depressing though.
Login to get fewer ads

Leo and Chrissie on 08:49 - Aug 31 with 2177 viewsTW_R

I was reading that Ronaldo had taken a £6 million pay cut to join Utd. He's now only earning £25 million a year. How's he meant to survive on that, the poor bloke?
Leo and Chrissie on 09:19 - Aug 31 with 2105 viewsDaBurgh

Leo and Chrissie on 08:26 - Aug 31 by traininvain

Worth noting that Messi offered to reduce his salary by 50% to stay at Barcelona but couldn’t go any lower due to a clause in Spanish employment law that is in place to avoid financial manipulation.

Source: https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/lionel-messi-barcelona-wages-la-liga-salary-c

Granted that Messi could’ve joined plenty of other clubs but I would guess that his decision to join PSG was as much about his chances of winning the champions league as the money he’ll make which is surely just another drop in the ocean when you look at his net worth. Still depressing though.

I don't really have any interest in following what 'celebrities' get up to but I am aware, somewhat, of Messi's taxes situation, and his legal team finding various tax loopholes. I would imagine not much effort was put in by that crack team to find a loophole or some way around this.
Leo and Chrissie on 13:04 - Aug 31 with 1928 viewsLazyFan

Leo and Chrissie on 08:49 - Aug 31 by TW_R

I was reading that Ronaldo had taken a £6 million pay cut to join Utd. He's now only earning £25 million a year. How's he meant to survive on that, the poor bloke?

Wasn't Ronaldo in the last year of his contract at Juve?

This means he was making £31m (25+ 6), but now over two years he makes £50m (25m+25m), thus he makes more overall with £29m from Man Utd, sure he has to work and an extra year, but it is guaranteed income.

For them, enough is never enough.

zzzzzzzzzz

Leo and Chrissie on 15:48 - Aug 31 with 1790 viewsrobith

Leo and Chrissie on 08:26 - Aug 31 by traininvain

even if he worked for free, they still wouldn't have been inside their salary cap, and they'd left it too late to register him
Leo and Chrissie on 15:54 - Aug 31 with 1768 viewssoops

Of course it’s hypothetical (and laughable) but is it just me that wouldn’t actually want to see either of them sign for QPR?
Had enough of former “CL winners” to last a lifetime...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024