Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kelman 21:33 - Aug 31 with 5214 viewsaston_hoop

Joined Gillingham on loan. Good move, good luck to him

https://t.co/tHPfJWuJT9?amp=1

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Kelman on 13:01 - Sep 1 with 1784 viewsterryb

Kelman on 21:59 - Aug 31 by Myke

I know I keep harping back to the 'B' team. But why do we keep loaning out players that would (or should be playing on it? My own view on the deadline day activity is we would have a stronger squad if we had kept kane, Kelman and McNulty and left Gray in Watford or wherever. We shall see

I kniow you don't like it Myke, but Kane wouldn't have been part of the first team squad if he was still at Rangers.

Kelman would have been a bit part player & McNulty would only have rarely made the bench. Gray will have far more game time than the three of these combined would have managed.

I'm pleased that these two, plus Masterson & Bettache will gain experience playing in the EFL & I'm sure this will be more beneficial, to player & club, than playing "B" team (friendlies) games.
Kelman on 13:28 - Sep 1 with 1700 viewsEsox_Lucius

We still have Marco Ramkilde as a back up striker if needed.

The grass is always greener.

Kelman on 14:28 - Sep 1 with 1624 viewsdmm

Kelman on 13:28 - Sep 1 by Esox_Lucius

We still have Marco Ramkilde as a back up striker if needed.

But do we? He seems to have disappeared again.

There are other U23s mysteriously absent too: Alfie Lloyd, Ben Wells, Shiloh Remy and Nathaniel Orafu.
Kelman on 21:54 - Sep 1 with 1470 viewsderbyhoop

Loans for Masterson, Bettache, Kelman and Bansal-McNulty will give them experience they have no chance of getting in the Championship.
They could come back much better players, e.g. Dieng, Chair, Eze. If they don't then we know they aren't going to be good enough for the level we need. In the latter case we get rid.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Kelman on 00:46 - Sep 11 with 1094 viewsstainrods_elbow

Kelman on 09:20 - Sep 1 by Antti_Heinola

Whereas fans are absolute models of sanity and consistency!
I don’t think Warbs has said the squad is light has he? He likes a small squad, but with the injuries and illness we had the other week most would struggle.

Its immeasurably better for Bettache, Kelman and Masterson to be playing proper league football over b team games, however better they might be than U23 games. This will be really valuable when those three star for us in our first season back in the champ after relegation in 2023.

He has said so at least once, but I can't give a link for now.

One ageing, injury-prone striker (albeit still great on his day), one still developing Scottish international, and an incoming loan who may hit and may miss, is not likely to sustain us over the course of a season if we are to mount a top 6 challenge imo, as I've said. Taking Nakhi back on a season-long deal would have made a lot of sense, I think. As it is, we're scarily light up front, squad-wise.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024