Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was there many QPR in home ends? 18:32 - Sep 11 with 7315 viewsloftboy

?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 17:22 - Sep 12 with 2129 viewsstevec

Coming in via the M3 we found a very nice country pub, the Tally Ho. Good food and a nice country drive via various back roads and parked in a hotel car park for a tenner fifteen minutes walk from the ground.

No traffic issues, best journey in and out of Reading we’ve ever had.
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 18:35 - Sep 12 with 2006 viewsE17hoop

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 18:49 - Sep 11 by Galileo

I was in GU there were a few of us dotted around.
The main bulk appeared to be in the lower part of the stand and made them selves known after the first goal. Some standard gesticulating followed but no bother. Stewards moved them into the Rangers end just before half time.

Looked like 150+ were moved from there into the away end just before half time.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 19:04 - Sep 12 with 1936 viewseastside_r

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 16:30 - Sep 12 by stowmarketrange

I make you right mate.That’s part of the reason why I didn’t go yesterday.I’ve been there twice and haven’t seen us score a goal yet.And it’s a pain to get to and from.
But give me our outdated crap ground with decent transport links and plenty of places to eat and drink rather than a soulless bowl in the ar@e end of nowhere thats 2/3rds empty every other week because you haven’t got enough fans to fill it up.

Absolutely agree with this and Clive's post above. It is why I have given this fixture a swerve for the past few seasons. However, this was my first realistic away trip this season because of work and I really wanted to do an away game again.

At least if they build that new station (to open Spring 2022 apparently) that would make it slightly better i.e. you could get in and out easier but it will still be on a retail park in the middle of nowhere. This is not what football should be like for me. Elm Park was a sh*thole but probably would have been sufficient for the attendances they are getting now and was actually in Reading.
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 19:27 - Sep 12 with 1895 viewsMick_S

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 18:35 - Sep 12 by E17hoop

Looked like 150+ were moved from there into the away end just before half time.

That video is from where our seats were. After the move, that
Reading block (G4?)was mostly empty. To be fair, that must have been rather unpleasant for the home fans; there are one or two young ones being moved away. Reading FC need a rethink about this because it will happen again.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 19:37 - Sep 12 with 1860 viewsflynnbo

Saw my boy in that clip and yes, they all got moved to the away end.
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 20:02 - Sep 12 with 1790 viewsactonman

We were in there towards the back along with plenty others. We all kept our selfs to our selfs apart from just before we scored when we all outed our selfs and some took exception . a couple of heated exchanges here and there but nothing kicked off proper ... good luck if millwall turn up and do the same !
Watching our fans and hearing the noise we made , as soon as the chance to get in with our own came we was out of there
All in all so proud of our fans yesterday, could have caused problems but congregated together to get moved out of the home end and fair play to the reading stewards who turned a blind eye to the many of us standing without a seat all over the stand
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 00:36 - Sep 13 with 1459 viewsWatfordR

Got to be fair here, i think the Reading stewards showed more common sense than either of the clubs over this.

Can you imagine how fans in the home end would have played out in the last 15 minutes?
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 06:21 - Sep 13 with 1388 viewsMick_S

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 00:36 - Sep 13 by WatfordR

Got to be fair here, i think the Reading stewards showed more common sense than either of the clubs over this.

Can you imagine how fans in the home end would have played out in the last 15 minutes?

That is a very good point.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 07:41 - Sep 13 with 1336 viewssilverbirch

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 06:21 - Sep 13 by Mick_S

That is a very good point.

What did QPR do wrong?
Sorry - meant to reply to the previous post about the stewards showing more common sense than each club
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 7:43]
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 09:24 - Sep 13 with 1231 viewsWatfordR

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 07:41 - Sep 13 by silverbirch

What did QPR do wrong?
Sorry - meant to reply to the previous post about the stewards showing more common sense than each club
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 7:43]

it's all been well documented. Releasing tickets immediately on General Sale was a mistake the club owned up to.
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 09:32 - Sep 13 with 1206 viewsgazza1

There is only one club to blame for this debacle and that is Reading. They need to review there current seating arrangements before clubs with supporters like Millwall attend their ground - then there will be proper problems.
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 09:35 - Sep 13 with 1202 viewsgazza1

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 09:24 - Sep 13 by WatfordR

it's all been well documented. Releasing tickets immediately on General Sale was a mistake the club owned up to.

Whilst we did get the allocations wrong, there still would have been issues. It didn't matter giving the tickets to the wrong banded supporters.....others would have purchased tickets in other areas of the ground..
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 09:42 - Sep 13 with 1188 viewsWatfordR

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 09:35 - Sep 13 by gazza1

Whilst we did get the allocations wrong, there still would have been issues. It didn't matter giving the tickets to the wrong banded supporters.....others would have purchased tickets in other areas of the ground..

Maybe, however the issue arose with regular away fans missing out. If the club had gone down the route of issuing firstly to Loyalty Point holders, then ST holders and Members, I'm not sure many more would have been that bothered to buy in the home end if we'd sold out our allocation.
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 10:07 - Sep 13 with 1119 viewsnix

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 00:36 - Sep 13 by WatfordR

They were very good near me. They focused on getting the blokes who were in the wrong place, including the guys on the pitch, back in the right areas, which didn't inflame anything and kept it pleasant.
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 10:17 - Sep 13 with 1077 viewsgazza1

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 09:42 - Sep 13 by WatfordR

Maybe, however the issue arose with regular away fans missing out. If the club had gone down the route of issuing firstly to Loyalty Point holders, then ST holders and Members, I'm not sure many more would have been that bothered to buy in the home end if we'd sold out our allocation.

You do not know that.....guessing really.

Bottom line is that Reading are at fault, not QPR.
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 11:51 - Sep 13 with 973 viewsWatfordR

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 10:17 - Sep 13 by gazza1

You do not know that.....guessing really.

Bottom line is that Reading are at fault, not QPR.

It’s not guessing. If you’ve got people without loyalty points, not ST holders or members who can’t get tickets, they are casual supporters who aren’t going to bother going into the home end if there’s no tickets available in the away end.

That’s not even a valued opinion. It’s a fact!
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 14:04 - Sep 13 with 804 viewsgazza1

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 11:51 - Sep 13 by WatfordR

It’s not guessing. If you’ve got people without loyalty points, not ST holders or members who can’t get tickets, they are casual supporters who aren’t going to bother going into the home end if there’s no tickets available in the away end.

That’s not even a valued opinion. It’s a fact!

Well, I was going and only go to a few away games nowadays - not been Hull or M'boro this season, I saw four lads I know that were there who never ever go to away games, I am sure there are many that went because it is just down the road for many & some even closer that Loftus Road, many went because they could see another 3 points in their eyes, many also went because we are playing very well atm.

I would also say that these guys that go to 90% of away games are 'well on the ball' - my 'valued opinion' when it comes to getting their away tickets, even atomically and they still got tickets despite the box office failures.

Always going to be problems because of Reading's bad decision regarding the seating of Reading fans.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 14:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024