Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuesday's referee 09:40 - Sep 13 with 4829 viewsNorthernr

Sorry for making Monday morning that little bit worse still...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55732
Tuesday's referee on 10:03 - Sep 15 with 801 viewsParkRoyalR

Tuesday's referee on 09:48 - Sep 15 by gazza1

Well MW isn't going to say 2 bob is he now!!!! Done well in his last match, worst player on the park last night - sadly you and many cannot see that. He will not start on Saturday unless CA in injured or we play two up front(which we could do).

As for Norf, yes very decent and good lad.....don't always agree with him like many though.

Dykes 'done well in his last match' - I make you right. Last time you called Austin starting ahead of Dykes you were wrong.

I think Warburton's Plan A is Dykes with two no 10's, similar to Steve Clarke, and his Plan B will be Gray with Adomah and Willock (as best of the two no 10's). Austin will be Plan C with a last 20 cameo when we might go two up top - let's see.
Tuesday's referee on 10:17 - Sep 15 with 764 viewsgazza1

Tuesday's referee on 10:03 - Sep 15 by ParkRoyalR

Dykes 'done well in his last match' - I make you right. Last time you called Austin starting ahead of Dykes you were wrong.

I think Warburton's Plan A is Dykes with two no 10's, similar to Steve Clarke, and his Plan B will be Gray with Adomah and Willock (as best of the two no 10's). Austin will be Plan C with a last 20 cameo when we might go two up top - let's see.

He has started once ahead of CA......if fit.
Tuesday's referee on 10:32 - Sep 15 with 731 viewsParkRoyalR

Tuesday's referee on 10:17 - Sep 15 by gazza1

He has started once ahead of CA......if fit.

How the hell has this happened, one is leading goal-scoring championship striker and one was completely shxt over the last couple of games.
Tuesday's referee on 10:39 - Sep 15 with 718 viewsStanisgod

Tuesday's referee on 08:13 - Sep 15 by gazza1

Well, I thought he did OK in the first but not so much in the 2nd.......it was a tough game to ref, a lot harder than many this season and a lot harder than he will ref this season.

Pretty harsh analysis and I could discuss most of them with you.......but hey, you & him have history!!!!

If he was as bad as you are suggesting he would not be getting so many important matches and would not be refereeing in Football League matches.

Sorry Gaz but that last bits hilarious.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Tuesday's referee on 10:42 - Sep 15 with 708 viewsterryb

Back to Stroud.

I thought that was his best refereeing performance that I've seen. However, there was also some very bad decision making.

1) Giving Bournemouth a free kick when we had two players fouled in & around their penalty area. It was given against us because they pulled our player down & he fell on top of teh offender.

2) Stopping the game when we had advantage & this led to the cautions for Johansen & Brooks. He even waited to see if we were better placed before blowing his whistle.

3) Not sending off Willock. A clear red card for kicking an opponent. I expect Keithy will have a bit of explaining to do to Riley.

4) Not sending off Smith. Even with the easing up this year, this player warranted four or five yellow's last night (including two in the Willock clash). Accumulation of fouls by him was exhausted in the first half, but he somehow managed to survive until Barbet was mysteriously in trouble.

As I say, he was at his best & was not the reason we lost, but I would prefer not to have him again this season!
Tuesday's referee on 11:01 - Sep 15 with 649 viewsBostonR

Are we able to make a freedom of information request to review his assessment marks? He is a serious liability and it appears he makes his own rules during the match. He is so obviously not fit for purpose to officiate at any professional level, yet he keeps getting serious games. He is negatively impacting the outcome of games and by default the Championship.
Tuesday's referee on 11:01 - Sep 15 with 648 viewsTheChef

Tuesday's referee on 10:42 - Sep 15 by terryb

Back to Stroud.

I thought that was his best refereeing performance that I've seen. However, there was also some very bad decision making.

1) Giving Bournemouth a free kick when we had two players fouled in & around their penalty area. It was given against us because they pulled our player down & he fell on top of teh offender.

2) Stopping the game when we had advantage & this led to the cautions for Johansen & Brooks. He even waited to see if we were better placed before blowing his whistle.

3) Not sending off Willock. A clear red card for kicking an opponent. I expect Keithy will have a bit of explaining to do to Riley.

4) Not sending off Smith. Even with the easing up this year, this player warranted four or five yellow's last night (including two in the Willock clash). Accumulation of fouls by him was exhausted in the first half, but he somehow managed to survive until Barbet was mysteriously in trouble.

As I say, he was at his best & was not the reason we lost, but I would prefer not to have him again this season!

Yep agreed with that - of course he was annoying but by his standards he was only mildly terrible.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Tuesday's referee on 16:06 - Sep 15 with 526 viewsozranger

Just back home and there is one thing that I think requires adding. As QPR and Bournemouth are teams, so are the officials. They are "supposed" to work together. Pinner would agree with this and thus while we may mark KS up or down we need to also consider the team as a whole. it is here that a lot of what happened off the ball lays. The dragging down of Gray late in the game was so clear cut the throwing of the ball off the pitch right in front of AR1 (Assistant Referee 1 - the one hearest the benches) was even more clearer. Yet, why were these not penalised. You cannot say that the referee was the sole judge of fouls as there were a number of occasions that the ARs also flagged, and thus brought these to KS's attention. So, there was clearly a lack of communication in these and other somewhat clearcut incidents throughout the game.

Thus, while some may state that KS did okay or not, which I will leave to others to discuss, I believe as a team, they were quite poor. Perhaps we really need to reconsider our arguments about the referee within the context of the whole group instead of just the single person in the middle?
Login to get fewer ads

Tuesday's referee on 17:31 - Sep 15 with 456 viewsPinnerPaul

Tuesday's referee on 22:34 - Sep 14 by Northernr

Paul, whatever defence you’re proposing for that shambles… don’t.

Lucky for you and everyone else I didn't see it.

Don't have Sky, can't be bothered with trying to pick a dodgy stream that actually works and don't understand what a VPN is or does!

Just one thing though, I have to say for the record that I'm not here to defend referees as you are well aware.

Only thing I have pointed out is the wording of the law in relation to Willock's 'kick' and tried to explain why the referee may not have seen it as a red - using the laws - now there's a thing!

Yes, yes, yes I know Mr S hasn't 'always' got those right!
Tuesday's referee on 17:38 - Sep 15 with 450 viewsPinnerPaul

Tuesday's referee on 00:17 - Sep 15 by Northernr

No.

Games are tough to referee, when you referee them like that. How many times were free kicks awarded when they didn't need to be, when we could have played on? How many times, having done that, did the free kick then need to be retaken because Keith wasn't ready yet. This happens in every game I ever see him in. Whistle whistle whistle. All about me. Everything a free kick. Every free kick in the precise position. Everything requiring a conversation.

Two bookings in the first half, Johansen and I think Brooks, entirely of the referee's making. McCallum is fouled, but it's ok, the ball as run on to Willock, who's now away. So we play on, and our players flood forward, and their players have to chase back. Except no, we're coming back, because apparently a free kick on the halfway line is more of an advantage to us than Willock breaking forwards towards an exposed back line. And now he's aggy, Johansen's aggy, and players that would have been involved in that attack are now squaring off.

I thought he was appallingly bad. Apalling. I'll end up giving him a 3 or a 4 but this should be a zero really. It's a man completely out of his depth, who causes games to just descend into a farce, with both sets of players, and both sets of fans, absolutely infuriated.

As I said haven't seen it, but as we have both argued on here, the things you describe in the first paragraph don't happen if you use the new 'lenient' method of refereeing.

Of course there are still fouls but hopefully you get what I mean.

2 things that are a no no for me at this level and above

1) Advantage - unlike at all levels below this and PL, nearly all possession IS an advantage - of course, again there are exceptions, but should really be looking to play it at all times.

2) At a professional level, so EFL plus the National League - it really doesn't matter (within 5/10 yards) where a free kick is taken, especially in own half- some refs get that, amazingly some at this level don't.
Tuesday's referee on 17:41 - Sep 15 with 445 viewsPinnerPaul

Tuesday's referee on 09:20 - Sep 15 by ParkRoyalR

I have no history with Stroud but having watched him closely last night would agree 100% with Northern, just what exactly is he talking about for so long while delaying every free kick?

Why on some occasions is he so pedantic with exact ball positioning for free-kicks and then 15 yards out on another, just never had control of the game last night and let Bournemouth dominate him - thought he went for the 2nd yellow twice and then realised and held back - and how did their left back get Sky's MOTM when he should have been sent off for throwing the ball into the crowd in last few minutes, again missed by a completely inept linesman / referee team.

I do agree with you though, that in a league where the referee's are so poor (think Pinner Paul said ref's look for players reactions!) if you can beat them join them, and we need to up the ante on our cynicism and professional fouling.

Context please on player reactions

1) No ref is going to ever give a penalty if he is literally the only person that saw the 'infringement'

2) I also said you know if you have made a big mistake by player reaction

Thank You!
Tuesday's referee on 17:43 - Sep 15 with 444 viewsNorthernr

Can we also add, I've held my tongue until I've seen it again because I thought I must be wrong at the time, but the handball immediatley before McCallum's goal is really quite something. How in god's name is that not a penalty? He only scored because everybody had stopped assuming it was obviously going to be given.
Tuesday's referee on 17:50 - Sep 15 with 424 viewsPinnerPaul

Tuesday's referee on 17:43 - Sep 15 by Northernr

Can we also add, I've held my tongue until I've seen it again because I thought I must be wrong at the time, but the handball immediatley before McCallum's goal is really quite something. How in god's name is that not a penalty? He only scored because everybody had stopped assuming it was obviously going to be given.

Just watched it again - he actually gives the "No pen" signal!

Even allowing for the 'relaxation' this season that IS handball all day long.
Tuesday's referee on 17:56 - Sep 15 with 407 viewsdaveB

I'm sure he booked Billing twice as well although it was hard to work out who is was booking at times as he just waved his card in the general direction of 4/5 players
Tuesday's referee on 17:58 - Sep 15 with 405 viewsHamptonR

Tuesday's referee on 17:50 - Sep 15 by PinnerPaul

Just watched it again - he actually gives the "No pen" signal!

Even allowing for the 'relaxation' this season that IS handball all day long.

100%
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024