Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuesday's referee 09:40 - Sep 13 with 4830 viewsNorthernr

Sorry for making Monday morning that little bit worse still...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55732
Tuesday's referee on 09:20 - Sep 14 with 1438 viewsPinnerPaul

Tuesday's referee on 09:18 - Sep 14 by TheChef

Wasn't the best one when we had Lee Mason reffing our game at Bolton (and his brother is very involved with the club in some fan capacity or other)?

On the other hand he reffed the Zamora game so he can't be all bad

Mason used to train with Bolton I believe!
Tuesday's referee on 09:23 - Sep 14 with 1430 viewsNorthernr

Tuesday's referee on 09:19 - Sep 14 by PinnerPaul

Sounded convincing when he told a room full of referees the same thing!

I've long wondered whether that Altrincham ruse is a very convenient thing for him to stick on the form each season and not preclude himself from getting the biggest games. It would be quite a hold back for an ambitious referee if he couldn't do United, City or one would assume Liverpool games. I suspect he's about as big an Altrincham fan as I am.
Tuesday's referee on 09:37 - Sep 14 with 1425 viewsMick_S

Had a pre match drink in the Three Guinneas or whatever it’s called on Saturday and I swear to God Ricky Gervais’s doppelgänger walked past us. Did we laugh, or what?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Tuesday's referee on 09:43 - Sep 14 with 1415 viewsCamberleyR

How is Stroud still refereeing? I don't know how the assessor thing works but surely his marks from the blokes in the stand must be bloody woeful? To put it in normal work terms, surely he must be on a second and final written warning?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Tuesday's referee on 09:46 - Sep 14 with 1407 viewsNorthernr

Tuesday's referee on 09:43 - Sep 14 by CamberleyR

How is Stroud still refereeing? I don't know how the assessor thing works but surely his marks from the blokes in the stand must be bloody woeful? To put it in normal work terms, surely he must be on a second and final written warning?

It's the opposite. Not only is he still refereeing, but he's still getting the big, high profile games in this league, as well as regular dates in the play-offs. They gave him Swansea v Brentford semi-final last year, he sent off Rico Henry, it could have cost Brentford the tie, it got overturned on appeal. One year later - another play-off semi-final appointment.

Two horrendous mistakes at Swansea at the weekend. Result - has the televised game of the night in the league tonight.

It's mystifying. Even to the other referees going on what Pinner posts.
Tuesday's referee on 09:51 - Sep 14 with 1386 viewsPinnerPaul

Tuesday's referee on 09:23 - Sep 14 by Northernr

I've long wondered whether that Altrincham ruse is a very convenient thing for him to stick on the form each season and not preclude himself from getting the biggest games. It would be quite a hold back for an ambitious referee if he couldn't do United, City or one would assume Liverpool games. I suspect he's about as big an Altrincham fan as I am.

Good theory - who knows?
Tuesday's referee on 09:53 - Sep 14 with 1372 viewsPinnerPaul

Tuesday's referee on 09:46 - Sep 14 by Northernr

It's the opposite. Not only is he still refereeing, but he's still getting the big, high profile games in this league, as well as regular dates in the play-offs. They gave him Swansea v Brentford semi-final last year, he sent off Rico Henry, it could have cost Brentford the tie, it got overturned on appeal. One year later - another play-off semi-final appointment.

Two horrendous mistakes at Swansea at the weekend. Result - has the televised game of the night in the league tonight.

It's mystifying. Even to the other referees going on what Pinner posts.

Indeed - probably the most negative comments (and there are not that many, as you would expect) of any 'top' referee on RefChat.
Tuesday's referee on 09:57 - Sep 14 with 1368 viewsMick_S

Tuesday's referee on 09:53 - Sep 14 by PinnerPaul

Indeed - probably the most negative comments (and there are not that many, as you would expect) of any 'top' referee on RefChat.

On no!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Tuesday's referee on 09:58 - Sep 14 with 1368 viewsstowmarketrange

Tuesday's referee on 09:18 - Sep 14 by TheChef

Wasn't the best one when we had Lee Mason reffing our game at Bolton (and his brother is very involved with the club in some fan capacity or other)?

On the other hand he reffed the Zamora game so he can't be all bad

He also sent off O’Neil and gave Direby a fair of injury time to get an equaliser without telling anybody in the stadium how much time was being added.
And there was the small matter of lord Derry’s red card at Old Trafford that shouldn’t have stood because of their players was offside,and the softest penalty ever given.
Tuesday's referee on 10:51 - Sep 14 with 1324 viewsTheChef

Tuesday's referee on 09:58 - Sep 14 by stowmarketrange

He also sent off O’Neil and gave Direby a fair of injury time to get an equaliser without telling anybody in the stadium how much time was being added.
And there was the small matter of lord Derry’s red card at Old Trafford that shouldn’t have stood because of their players was offside,and the softest penalty ever given.

Come off it that was a blatant foul on Ashley Young.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Tuesday's referee on 11:05 - Sep 14 with 1310 viewsstowmarketrange

Tuesday's referee on 10:51 - Sep 14 by TheChef

Come off it that was a blatant foul on Ashley Young.

I’d like to think that Shaun has the video footage of that bird pooping in Young’s mouth on a loop.
Tuesday's referee on 12:53 - Sep 14 with 1245 viewsPinnerPaul

Tuesday's referee on 09:58 - Sep 14 by stowmarketrange

Come on!

No one moaned about the O'Neill sending off - not even the player himself.

He only added 3 minutes and we spent one of those celebrating the goal.

There was also the penalty shout by Hughes 1st half, which although it wasn't, some refs might have given that as well.
Tuesday's referee on 22:34 - Sep 14 with 1166 viewsNorthernr

Paul, whatever defence you’re proposing for that shambles… don’t.
Tuesday's referee on 22:41 - Sep 14 with 1145 viewsloftboy

Bournemouth used the age old trick of a different player committing each foul, easily remedied by carding each foul after the third or fourth, either it would stop or someone would eventually see red.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Tuesday's referee on 22:53 - Sep 14 with 1118 viewsCamberleyR

Tuesday's referee on 22:41 - Sep 14 by loftboy

Bournemouth used the age old trick of a different player committing each foul, easily remedied by carding each foul after the third or fourth, either it would stop or someone would eventually see red.

Reminded me of the game against Allardyce's West Ham at LR in the Prem which got Leslie the sack. They took it in turns to foul that night as well.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Tuesday's referee on 23:04 - Sep 14 with 1092 viewsgazza1

Thought the ref done pretty well first half, not so well in the 2nd - tough game to referee.
Tuesday's referee on 00:17 - Sep 15 with 1020 viewsNorthernr

Tuesday's referee on 23:04 - Sep 14 by gazza1

Thought the ref done pretty well first half, not so well in the 2nd - tough game to referee.

No.

Games are tough to referee, when you referee them like that. How many times were free kicks awarded when they didn't need to be, when we could have played on? How many times, having done that, did the free kick then need to be retaken because Keith wasn't ready yet. This happens in every game I ever see him in. Whistle whistle whistle. All about me. Everything a free kick. Every free kick in the precise position. Everything requiring a conversation.

Two bookings in the first half, Johansen and I think Brooks, entirely of the referee's making. McCallum is fouled, but it's ok, the ball as run on to Willock, who's now away. So we play on, and our players flood forward, and their players have to chase back. Except no, we're coming back, because apparently a free kick on the halfway line is more of an advantage to us than Willock breaking forwards towards an exposed back line. And now he's aggy, Johansen's aggy, and players that would have been involved in that attack are now squaring off.

I thought he was appallingly bad. Apalling. I'll end up giving him a 3 or a 4 but this should be a zero really. It's a man completely out of his depth, who causes games to just descend into a farce, with both sets of players, and both sets of fans, absolutely infuriated.
Tuesday's referee on 00:33 - Sep 15 with 1003 viewspaulhoop2

Clive if it’s a 0 then please award that as you are in my opinion not often wrong. I can’t believe this guy was an elite level ref at one point !!

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Tuesday's referee on 06:15 - Sep 15 with 931 viewsbongo_king

Tuesday's referee on 00:17 - Sep 15 by Northernr

No.

Games are tough to referee, when you referee them like that. How many times were free kicks awarded when they didn't need to be, when we could have played on? How many times, having done that, did the free kick then need to be retaken because Keith wasn't ready yet. This happens in every game I ever see him in. Whistle whistle whistle. All about me. Everything a free kick. Every free kick in the precise position. Everything requiring a conversation.

Two bookings in the first half, Johansen and I think Brooks, entirely of the referee's making. McCallum is fouled, but it's ok, the ball as run on to Willock, who's now away. So we play on, and our players flood forward, and their players have to chase back. Except no, we're coming back, because apparently a free kick on the halfway line is more of an advantage to us than Willock breaking forwards towards an exposed back line. And now he's aggy, Johansen's aggy, and players that would have been involved in that attack are now squaring off.

I thought he was appallingly bad. Apalling. I'll end up giving him a 3 or a 4 but this should be a zero really. It's a man completely out of his depth, who causes games to just descend into a farce, with both sets of players, and both sets of fans, absolutely infuriated.

Agree he's normally a poor ref but though last night he was ok. He didn't get any big decision wrong (except maybe the Willock kick out, which if against us we'd be asking for a red). Granted there is a certain amount of reaping what he sows, so the pedantry ups the aggro levels of both sets of players and results in e.g. that kick out and a couple of silly square offs. But overall I thought ok. Though I appreciate that all his faffing around is a lot more evident live than it is on the TV as Sky often just shows replays while the arguments go on...

Also I got the feeling that the team may have been briefed to "be humble" to avoid walking into a Stroud-cident.
Tuesday's referee on 07:35 - Sep 15 with 844 viewsnix

Tuesday's referee on 06:15 - Sep 15 by bongo_king

Agree he's normally a poor ref but though last night he was ok. He didn't get any big decision wrong (except maybe the Willock kick out, which if against us we'd be asking for a red). Granted there is a certain amount of reaping what he sows, so the pedantry ups the aggro levels of both sets of players and results in e.g. that kick out and a couple of silly square offs. But overall I thought ok. Though I appreciate that all his faffing around is a lot more evident live than it is on the TV as Sky often just shows replays while the arguments go on...

Also I got the feeling that the team may have been briefed to "be humble" to avoid walking into a Stroud-cident.

I thought he was terrible. If they're not there to protect the players from constant abuse, then what are they there for? The targeting Willock got was terrible. He looks like the most mild mannered of guys and even he and Johansen, FGS, reacted.

And then not allowing the advantage to be played, which is EXACTLY what Bournemouth wanted because they were trying to break up play by fouling and rile us.

He didn't pick up on the total shithousery at all. Actually throwing the ball over the side boards should have been a booking of a player that had already been booked. Nothing.

Woeful and no feel for the game.
Tuesday's referee on 08:13 - Sep 15 with 794 viewsgazza1

Tuesday's referee on 00:17 - Sep 15 by Northernr

No.

Well, I thought he did OK in the first but not so much in the 2nd.......it was a tough game to ref, a lot harder than many this season and a lot harder than he will ref this season.

Pretty harsh analysis and I could discuss most of them with you.......but hey, you & him have history!!!!

If he was as bad as you are suggesting he would not be getting so many important matches and would not be refereeing in Football League matches.
Tuesday's referee on 09:20 - Sep 15 with 702 viewsParkRoyalR

Tuesday's referee on 08:13 - Sep 15 by gazza1

Well, I thought he did OK in the first but not so much in the 2nd.......it was a tough game to ref, a lot harder than many this season and a lot harder than he will ref this season.

Pretty harsh analysis and I could discuss most of them with you.......but hey, you & him have history!!!!

If he was as bad as you are suggesting he would not be getting so many important matches and would not be refereeing in Football League matches.

I have no history with Stroud but having watched him closely last night would agree 100% with Northern, just what exactly is he talking about for so long while delaying every free kick?

Why on some occasions is he so pedantic with exact ball positioning for free-kicks and then 15 yards out on another, just never had control of the game last night and let Bournemouth dominate him - thought he went for the 2nd yellow twice and then realised and held back - and how did their left back get Sky's MOTM when he should have been sent off for throwing the ball into the crowd in last few minutes, again missed by a completely inept linesman / referee team.

I do agree with you though, that in a league where the referee's are so poor (think Pinner Paul said ref's look for players reactions!) if you can beat them join them, and we need to up the ante on our cynicism and professional fouling.
Tuesday's referee on 09:37 - Sep 15 with 668 viewsgazza1

Tuesday's referee on 09:20 - Sep 15 by ParkRoyalR

I have no history with Stroud but having watched him closely last night would agree 100% with Northern, just what exactly is he talking about for so long while delaying every free kick?

Why on some occasions is he so pedantic with exact ball positioning for free-kicks and then 15 yards out on another, just never had control of the game last night and let Bournemouth dominate him - thought he went for the 2nd yellow twice and then realised and held back - and how did their left back get Sky's MOTM when he should have been sent off for throwing the ball into the crowd in last few minutes, again missed by a completely inept linesman / referee team.

I do agree with you though, that in a league where the referee's are so poor (think Pinner Paul said ref's look for players reactions!) if you can beat them join them, and we need to up the ante on our cynicism and professional fouling.

Of course you will agree with Norf, he is the leader of the gang!!!!.......I've seen what you thought of Dykes last night so I discount what you think.
Tuesday's referee on 09:43 - Sep 15 with 655 viewsParkRoyalR

Tuesday's referee on 09:37 - Sep 15 by gazza1

Of course you will agree with Norf, he is the leader of the gang!!!!.......I've seen what you thought of Dykes last night so I discount what you think.

Discount the opinions of Mark Warburton and Steve Clarke likewise (who has preferred Dykes to both a £10m and £ 20m in recent games)

And I disagree with Northern on Chair and have done previously with a certain Joel Lynch, but as a like-minded R's fan happen to agree with him on a lot, and like you Gazza, feel blessed that he's an R's fan who writes match reports renowned throughout the land and is such a top representative when speaking to the Board on our behalf!
Tuesday's referee on 09:48 - Sep 15 with 638 viewsgazza1

Tuesday's referee on 09:43 - Sep 15 by ParkRoyalR

Discount the opinions of Mark Warburton and Steve Clarke likewise (who has preferred Dykes to both a £10m and £ 20m in recent games)

And I disagree with Northern on Chair and have done previously with a certain Joel Lynch, but as a like-minded R's fan happen to agree with him on a lot, and like you Gazza, feel blessed that he's an R's fan who writes match reports renowned throughout the land and is such a top representative when speaking to the Board on our behalf!

Well MW isn't going to say 2 bob is he now!!!! Done well in his last match, worst player on the park last night - sadly you and many cannot see that. He will not start on Saturday unless CA in injured or we play two up front(which we could do).

As for Norf, yes very decent and good lad.....don't always agree with him like many though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024