Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few thoughts on last night 11:08 - Sep 15 with 4266 viewsMyke

So I had the game taped because I was at the Rovers game (we won!) and didn't want to comment until I had watched it myself.
1 I suppose the significance of Dickie's error was not so much the concession of a soft goal, but rather it completely changed the dynamic of the game. We were completely on top for the first 10 and their first goal stopped us in our tracks
2 We have a problem at right (wing) back. Not going to bang on about Kane, but not sure either Moses (anymore) or Kakay are good enough
3 We simply can't keep giving teams two goal leads and expect to get something from the game. Yes we easily COULD have got something from the game, but the law of averages said it was simply not going to keep happening
4When Warburton gets the subs right, he is rightly lauded. Last night I thought the removal of Dykes and at the same time putting on Adomah was wrong. Dykes got no service, bar one headed effort. Yet the ball was constantly being pumped in to Gray - not his strength.
5 The ref overall was okay, But Zamoura and Willock should both have seen red though. He also (but this is not just peculiar to him) did nothing about Bournemouth time-wasting. However, he is not the reason we lost
6 We can't expect Adomah to be our saviour every time he comes on. On Saturday he was excellent, last night mediocre.
7 We were never going to go unbeaten all season. We lost, but played very well in parts, when we get Wallace/Amos/Field back we will be even stronger
A few thoughts on last night on 02:12 - Sep 17 with 582 viewsFerdy

A few thoughts on last night on 17:23 - Sep 16 by Lanhoop

What worried me was that Ozzie appeared to have the "Todd Kane jogging slowly back" disease and Albert appeared to be busting a gut to get there when needed.

Yeah not sure what was going on with him "running" back for the 2nd goal. He looked like he was jogging on the spot for some reason. Very odd from him as he always gives 100%.
A few thoughts on last night on 07:46 - Sep 17 with 506 viewsNorthernr

A few thoughts on last night on 02:12 - Sep 17 by Ferdy

Yeah not sure what was going on with him "running" back for the 2nd goal. He looked like he was jogging on the spot for some reason. Very odd from him as he always gives 100%.

His positioning for the second goal was the most alarming thing to me. As the ball is played out to Anthony to put the cross in, look where he is and try to explain the thinking.
A few thoughts on last night on 08:59 - Sep 17 with 450 viewsWestbourneR

A few thoughts on last night on 07:46 - Sep 17 by Northernr

His positioning for the second goal was the most alarming thing to me. As the ball is played out to Anthony to put the cross in, look where he is and try to explain the thinking.

Agree, positioning has always been his biggest issue.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

A few thoughts on last night on 09:22 - Sep 17 with 431 viewsgazza1

Not sure his positioning was bad....in a flat back 4 I would agree but he is a wide midfielder who was 'tucked in' at the time & I saw him look at one of their midfielders when the attack started. I am sure he would make a good argument to say he was there for a good reason. As for walking back....he had no chance getting there.
A few thoughts on last night on 09:22 - Sep 17 with 430 viewsParkRoyalR

A few thoughts on last night on 07:46 - Sep 17 by Northernr

I think he gets caught in the moment / headlights and its not through effort he may sometimes look static or why you think what's he doing there, its down to his lack of composure / decision-making. Hopefully as he feels more comfortable at this level he will steady up, just like Darnell did.

Given this lack of experience / composure, much better in a 4 than a 5 as has a simpler brief, mind the gap and don't let your man past. Still a great asset to a championship squad.
A few thoughts on last night on 09:27 - Sep 17 with 410 viewsgazza1

A few thoughts on last night on 09:22 - Sep 17 by ParkRoyalR

I think he gets caught in the moment / headlights and its not through effort he may sometimes look static or why you think what's he doing there, its down to his lack of composure / decision-making. Hopefully as he feels more comfortable at this level he will steady up, just like Darnell did.

Given this lack of experience / composure, much better in a 4 than a 5 as has a simpler brief, mind the gap and don't let your man past. Still a great asset to a championship squad.

Playing wide left in a 3 x CB formation is another game indeed for the wide player.....his team responsibilities are fourfold compared with playing as a RB. He is a 'grafter' with a good application so I accept some failures from him. Hopefully he will learn.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024