Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Lancaster 15:34 - Sep 26 with 1488 viewsBoston

Gone.

[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 15:38]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Alan Lancaster on 16:26 - Sep 26 with 1380 viewsqpr_1968

rip alan.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Alan Lancaster on 16:50 - Sep 26 with 1340 viewsstowmarketrange

I saw them during the frantic four tours and I thought he looked rough then and that was 8 years ago.
RIP Alan.
Alan Lancaster on 20:13 - Sep 26 with 1235 viewsStanisgod

Alan Lancaster on 16:50 - Sep 26 by stowmarketrange

I saw them during the frantic four tours and I thought he looked rough then and that was 8 years ago.
RIP Alan.

Multiple Sclerosis does tend to make you look rough !!

Saw them twice on that tour and despite his illness still had the voice. Sang a lot of Quos best stuff.
Him and Rick will be rockin in heaven tonight.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Alan Lancaster on 20:24 - Sep 26 with 1219 viewsDorse

Saw them on the last night of the first FF tour at Wembley (couldn't get Hammersmith tickets). Never thought I'd ever get the chance to catch Nuff live, especially after he got ill. That night he could barely move, his pick was taped to his thumb (fell off during Roadhouse Blues) but he still had such a huge presence. What a voice.

[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 20:27]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Alan Lancaster on 20:33 - Sep 26 with 1190 viewsBlackCrowe

Quo Live is one the great live albums.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Alan Lancaster on 20:37 - Sep 26 with 1178 viewsflynnbo

RIP Alan. Rocking all over the heavens as well.
Alan Lancaster on 21:09 - Sep 26 with 1148 viewsqpr_1968

Alan Lancaster on 20:33 - Sep 26 by BlackCrowe

Quo Live is one the great live albums.

if its the one in glasgow your right, fantastic album, came out in 1976 i think.
see them live in cardiff castle, same year, equally fantastic.

Alan Lancaster on 21:48 - Sep 26 with 1100 viewsjohann28

Rossi describing him as an 'integral' part of the Quo sound rather understated it.

Was the driving force behind Quo's great rock albums, notably, 'Quo' and 'Blue for You' with tracks such as Backwater/ Just Take Me, Drifiting Away, Is there a Better Way, and others. But could also do beautiful slow blues such as 'A year ' and 'Blue for you'. Suspect he was disatisfied, as with much of the fanbase, with the disposable pop direction Rossi took them from the 80s onwards.

Great songwriter, vocalist and bass player.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 21:49]
Login to get fewer ads

Alan Lancaster on 21:55 - Sep 26 with 1082 viewsqpr_1968

Alan Lancaster on 21:48 - Sep 26 by johann28

Rossi describing him as an 'integral' part of the Quo sound rather understated it.

Was the driving force behind Quo's great rock albums, notably, 'Quo' and 'Blue for You' with tracks such as Backwater/ Just Take Me, Drifiting Away, Is there a Better Way, and others. But could also do beautiful slow blues such as 'A year ' and 'Blue for you'. Suspect he was disatisfied, as with much of the fanbase, with the disposable pop direction Rossi took them from the 80s onwards.

Great songwriter, vocalist and bass player.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 21:49]

probably my favourite quo track, a year, on the pile driver album.

Alan Lancaster on 22:00 - Sep 26 with 1072 viewsjohann28

Alan Lancaster on 21:55 - Sep 26 by qpr_1968

probably my favourite quo track, a year, on the pile driver album.

Yup. Me too. Never played live as I recall. Beautiful harmonies on it.
Alan Lancaster on 23:07 - Sep 26 with 1016 viewsBoston

Regardless of musical genre, I have always been impressed by bands who can produce a live set that sounds like their recorded material. I'd attended hundreds of gigs by the time I was 25, not just the 'artists' I liked, often going to shows the then current lady of interest was keen on (sometimes not even nodding off during the set), other times through freebie tickets from someone in the biz. Though never a die hard fan I did purchase some of their vinyl, head banged it out to them at the Bandwagon now and then and saw a few live performances, they were the real deal.

Alan Lancaster on 23:13 - Sep 26 with 1011 viewsBostonR

No one could touch them as a live rock act in the 70’s. Saw the plenty of times between 1974-78 and they got better. Such pity Rossi took the pop route.
Alan Lancaster on 23:17 - Sep 26 with 1006 viewsBoston

Alan Lancaster on 23:13 - Sep 26 by BostonR

No one could touch them as a live rock act in the 70’s. Saw the plenty of times between 1974-78 and they got better. Such pity Rossi took the pop route.

Considering his name, is it a surprise he went vanilla?

Alan Lancaster on 00:11 - Sep 27 with 970 viewsozexile

Just found out he lived down the road from me in Sydney. One Of my clients lived in the same apartment complex.
Alan Lancaster on 01:05 - Sep 27 with 937 viewsBoston

Alan Lancaster on 00:11 - Sep 27 by ozexile

Just found out he lived down the road from me in Sydney. One Of my clients lived in the same apartment complex.

Client! Would you be beach blond, toned legs...
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 1:06]

Alan Lancaster on 02:32 - Sep 27 with 907 viewsozexile

Alan Lancaster on 01:05 - Sep 27 by Boston

Client! Would you be beach blond, toned legs...
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 1:06]

Ha ha do knobbly knees and greying hair count?!!
Alan Lancaster on 08:17 - Sep 27 with 785 viewsMetallica_Hoop

RIP

The host looks like he's a 'Planet of the Apes' fan

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Alan Lancaster on 08:34 - Sep 27 with 759 viewsNorthantsHoop

Alan Lancaster on 23:07 - Sep 26 by Boston

Regardless of musical genre, I have always been impressed by bands who can produce a live set that sounds like their recorded material. I'd attended hundreds of gigs by the time I was 25, not just the 'artists' I liked, often going to shows the then current lady of interest was keen on (sometimes not even nodding off during the set), other times through freebie tickets from someone in the biz. Though never a die hard fan I did purchase some of their vinyl, head banged it out to them at the Bandwagon now and then and saw a few live performances, they were the real deal.

The Bandwagon in Kingsbury, had some great Saturday nights there in 1980 during the New Wave of British Heavy Metal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024