Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne towards £7m! 10:15 - Oct 7 with 3719 viewsdannyblue

Reading the bond prospectus and noticed:

"During the January 2021 transfer window, the Club secured Joe Walsh and Macauley Bonne on permanent transfers, the latter having been on loan to the Club since October 2020. These player registrations were acquired at a cost of £7.0 million of which £1.2 million is contingent on one or more future events."

That can't be right? We can't have spent £7m+ on Bonne and Walsh. I can only assume this is poorly written and that £7m includes the signings in the following paragraph

"The Club secured Charlie Austin, Stefan Johansen, Sam Field and Jordy de Wijs as permanent transfers in summer 2021 (each of which were on loan at the Club during the 2020/21 season) and Moses Odubajo, Andre Dozzell and Jimmy Dunne also signed for the Club."

Bonne towards £7m! on 10:19 - Oct 7 with 3683 viewsdannyblue

It goes on to say...

"This activity resulted in a profit of £17.7 million from player transfers in summer 2020 and January 2021 transfer windows."

So that means we received £24.7m for Eze, Manning and BOS, which is more than I expected.
Bonne towards £7m! on 10:22 - Oct 7 with 3638 viewsLythamR

Bonne towards £7m! on 10:19 - Oct 7 by dannyblue

It goes on to say...

"This activity resulted in a profit of £17.7 million from player transfers in summer 2020 and January 2021 transfer windows."

So that means we received £24.7m for Eze, Manning and BOS, which is more than I expected.

where is this has it been published on the site, i looked this morning and couldnt find it
Bonne towards £7m! on 10:27 - Oct 7 with 3598 viewsdannyblue

Bonne towards £7m! on 10:22 - Oct 7 by LythamR

where is this has it been published on the site, i looked this morning and couldnt find it

You go through the bond link on to the tifosi site, and say what kind of inverstor you are before access. This might shortcut it.

https://res.cloudinary.com/tifosy/image/upload/v1633542158/QPR_Bond_Offering_Doc
Bonne towards £7m! on 10:27 - Oct 7 with 3593 viewsswisscottage

I may be wrong but it could be that the cost of the player registrations includes the cost of their wages over the term of the contract
Bonne towards £7m! on 10:50 - Oct 7 with 3491 viewsLythamR

Bonne towards £7m! on 10:27 - Oct 7 by dannyblue

You go through the bond link on to the tifosi site, and say what kind of inverstor you are before access. This might shortcut it.

https://res.cloudinary.com/tifosy/image/upload/v1633542158/QPR_Bond_Offering_Doc

Thanks Danny that worked

I did pre register, that should have been enough in my book to view the offer doc rather than provide tifosy with extra information if i decided not to go further
Bonne towards £7m! on 11:11 - Oct 7 with 3411 viewsdaveB

Surely that 7 million is all of that seasons business. Bonne wasn't on loan either we bought him in September 2020
Bonne towards £7m! on 12:33 - Oct 7 with 3141 viewscaliforniahoop

Bonne towards £7m! on 10:19 - Oct 7 by dannyblue

It goes on to say...

I thought we got 700k for Manning and BOS? If that’s true, the Eze deal looks interesting?
Bonne towards £7m! on 13:01 - Oct 7 with 2997 viewsHanwellHoopster

A few other interesting nuggets in that document:

- Official capacity listed as 18,200. Not sure I've seen that officially stated anywhere until now

- Fernandes still owns 46% of the club (with his business partner). I thought Ruben's stake might be well above 51% above. Amit really is Chair in name only with a 2.66% stake

- The unaudited accounts for the six months ending Nov 2020 are interesting. If we saw the figures replicated in the second six months it looks like turnover would be down about £5m on the previous year - giving us a clue of the size of the COVID hit for the club

- As flagged above, however, the £16m profit on player acquisitions in that six month period means a gross loss of £6m in that six months. Expect that to rise by year end but not be a disaster (thank you Eze)
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 13:02]
Login to get fewer ads

Bonne towards £7m! on 13:15 - Oct 7 with 2906 viewsbosh67

Someone somewhere told me that we spent £700K on Bonne rising to £1.2m after X games which at this stage clearly isn't going to happen.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bonne towards £7m! on 14:10 - Oct 7 with 2734 viewsdaveB

Bonne towards £7m! on 13:15 - Oct 7 by bosh67

Someone somewhere told me that we spent £700K on Bonne rising to £1.2m after X games which at this stage clearly isn't going to happen.

That seems more likely, i can't imagine we've paid 7 million for anyone these last few years
Bonne towards £7m! on 20:51 - Oct 7 with 2116 viewsLazyFan

Bonne towards £7m! on 14:10 - Oct 7 by daveB

That seems more likely, i can't imagine we've paid 7 million for anyone these last few years

I thought £7m was for all the players we signed after Eze.

£2m Dykes
£2m Dickie
£1.2m Bonne
£1m Dozzel
£0.75m Willock
£0.6m JoJo
£0.5m Kelman

and so on.

zzzzzzzzzz

Bonne towards £7m! on 23:29 - Oct 7 with 1939 viewsdannyblue

Bonne towards £7m! on 20:51 - Oct 7 by LazyFan

I thought £7m was for all the players we signed after Eze.

£2m Dykes
£2m Dickie
£1.2m Bonne
£1m Dozzel
£0.75m Willock
£0.6m JoJo
£0.5m Kelman

and so on.

That's what I think too. It must just be a mistake in the prospectus.
Bonne towards £7m! on 06:42 - Oct 8 with 1781 viewsSimplyNico

Bonne towards £7m! on 23:29 - Oct 7 by dannyblue

That's what I think too. It must just be a mistake in the prospectus.

Pretty worrying if the prospectus is riddled with errors. The production of those things is usually really tightly controlled.
Bonne towards £7m! on 07:50 - Oct 8 with 1714 views1JD

Bonne towards £7m! on 14:10 - Oct 7 by daveB

You said this before Dave and are saying it again but it’s inaccurate. All the tidbits of info suggested it was approx 7-8m last summer. And that has since been proven as it is there in shining lights in the accounts. The prospectus just repeats the same paragraph originally taken from the accounts. It’s also not hard to roughly work out how the 7m was spent / committed in total.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024