Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday's referee 16:36 - Oct 21 with 1281 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/56040
Saturday's referee on 17:14 - Oct 21 with 1227 viewsPinnerPaul

Now surely we won't find anything to moan about here.......................
Saturday's referee on 17:31 - Oct 21 with 1206 viewssaxbend

This reminds me a few years ago I emailed the FA asking why it is that when a referee is found wanting following a substandard performance in a Premier League match he is subsequently put in charge of a football league match, as if refereeing standards are deemed somehow optional below the Premier league. I had Andy D'Urso in mind as he has been specifically given one of our games after performing poorly in a Premier League game. I made sure not to mention the specifics though in order to maintain focus on my general question.

I eventually got a reply asking for an example to illustrate my point. I replied back giving the example I had in mind, still careful not to make it about him in particular.

And then came a short reply "we do not comment on the performances of individual referees" and that was the end of it. Sneaky bar stewards, the FA.
Saturday's referee on 18:17 - Oct 21 with 1170 viewsPinnerPaul

Saturday's referee on 17:31 - Oct 21 by saxbend

This reminds me a few years ago I emailed the FA asking why it is that when a referee is found wanting following a substandard performance in a Premier League match he is subsequently put in charge of a football league match, as if refereeing standards are deemed somehow optional below the Premier league. I had Andy D'Urso in mind as he has been specifically given one of our games after performing poorly in a Premier League game. I made sure not to mention the specifics though in order to maintain focus on my general question.

I eventually got a reply asking for an example to illustrate my point. I replied back giving the example I had in mind, still careful not to make it about him in particular.

And then came a short reply "we do not comment on the performances of individual referees" and that was the end of it. Sneaky bar stewards, the FA.

Must have been quite a few years ago as the FA haven't appointed referees for ages!
Saturday's referee on 18:25 - Oct 21 with 1154 viewspaulhoop2

He’s a great ref. Always reminds me of claterbug lol

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Saturday's referee on 08:33 - Oct 22 with 955 viewsPinnerPaul

Must be the only decent referee in Australia mind, before he came over, did their cup final for about 7 years running or something silly like that!
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 8:33]
Saturday's referee on 08:46 - Oct 22 with 939 viewsWatford_Ranger

I’ve no idea what a Prem ref makes versus their Spanish/French/German/Scottish equivalents but with the relative riches of the English game and the top refs being full-time here, I’m surprised there aren’t more ref ‘transfers’.

Anyway that’s my incredibly dull thought for the morning.
Saturday's referee on 08:55 - Oct 22 with 928 viewsNorthernr

Saturday's referee on 08:33 - Oct 22 by PinnerPaul

Must be the only decent referee in Australia mind, before he came over, did their cup final for about 7 years running or something silly like that!

The same in rugby league, same bloke gets the grand final and all three origin games every year atm. Not much of a vote of confidence in the rest of them.
Saturday's referee on 09:06 - Oct 22 with 915 viewsPinnerPaul

Saturday's referee on 08:55 - Oct 22 by Northernr

The same in rugby league, same bloke gets the grand final and all three origin games every year atm. Not much of a vote of confidence in the rest of them.

Indeed.

On a more practical level, it rather undermines FIFA when they appoint referees from countries where the refereeing isn't the 'strongest' in terms of quality/numbers to the World Cup finals.
Login to get fewer ads

Saturday's referee on 09:16 - Oct 22 with 904 viewsozranger

Saturday's referee on 08:33 - Oct 22 by PinnerPaul

He still has a long way to go to get past the most honoured referee of late from Australia, Ben Williams. Williams refereed three games in the 2014 Brazil World Cup and too many others in qualifying as well as the Asian Cup and a Final of the AFC Champions League. When Jarred gets that far I may agree with you, but at this stage he has a long way to go. Refereeing in the EPL is one thing, refereeing consistently at international level is something Jarred still needs to do.
Saturday's referee on 09:39 - Oct 22 with 870 viewsMick_S

I wish we could swop him for Keith Keithy Keef for the Sunderland match. I have a huge feeling of discomfort about this match because of him.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Saturday's referee on 10:19 - Oct 22 with 804 viewspaulhoop2

Pinner - can he still ref for Aus at fifa level ?

Saturday's referee on 14:45 - Oct 22 with 713 viewsPinnerPaul

Saturday's referee on 10:19 - Oct 22 by paulhoop2

No idea if he counts as British or Australian, now he's here if you know what I mean.

I expect Australian, but will try and find out.
Saturday's referee on 15:43 - Oct 22 with 666 viewsozranger

Saturday's referee on 10:19 - Oct 22 by paulhoop2

He has given up officiating at international level through Australia. If he was still in Australia, he would already be involved with AFC Champions League, AFC CUP and AFC World Cup Qualifiers. Thus, that opportunity appears to have been forgone.

If he wants to be involved with international games, he will most likely have to obtain exposure through UEFA games, either international matches or the Champions League. The competition here is a much harder than through the AFC.

That, of course does not mean that he would not get a chance as the quality of referees is not judged per confederation but by how they do at the highest level. So, if he can get some UEFA games under his belt in the next season or two, there is every chance he could still be picked for one of the pre-event (whether that be WC, CWC or similar) camps. Those camps have numerous referee "teams" (each team being a referee and two assistant referees) to judge their fitness and abilities as well as to train the next generation of world-level referees. One must remember that at this highest level the team sticks together for all games so as to assist in them gaining a better understanding of each other during complex decisions in games.
Saturday's referee on 15:48 - Oct 22 with 652 viewsPinnerPaul

Saturday's referee on 15:43 - Oct 22 by ozranger

He has given up officiating at international level through Australia. If he was still in Australia, he would already be involved with AFC Champions League, AFC CUP and AFC World Cup Qualifiers. Thus, that opportunity appears to have been forgone.

If he wants to be involved with international games, he will most likely have to obtain exposure through UEFA games, either international matches or the Champions League. The competition here is a much harder than through the AFC.

That, of course does not mean that he would not get a chance as the quality of referees is not judged per confederation but by how they do at the highest level. So, if he can get some UEFA games under his belt in the next season or two, there is every chance he could still be picked for one of the pre-event (whether that be WC, CWC or similar) camps. Those camps have numerous referee "teams" (each team being a referee and two assistant referees) to judge their fitness and abilities as well as to train the next generation of world-level referees. One must remember that at this highest level the team sticks together for all games so as to assist in them gaining a better understanding of each other during complex decisions in games.

Thanks
Saturday's referee on 20:50 - Oct 23 with 528 viewspaulhoop2

Take it back was awful today very very weak can’t wait for clives comments lol

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024