Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wingbacks 10:39 - Nov 7 with 1866 viewsMedwayR

Is it just coincidence that our wingbacks seems to suffer from injuries more than other positions, time to change the formation?

Poll: Who’s better?

Wingbacks on 11:02 - Nov 7 with 1804 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Given that MO, LW and SM were frequently bedridden playing FB, it would suggest it’s the personnel more than the position.

Still, when you’re hunting in the bargain basement, beggars cannot be choosers.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wingbacks on 11:14 - Nov 7 with 1782 viewsenfieldargh

They are the two players on the pitch who have to cover more distances than the rest often at flat out speed and deliver a decent cross/telling pass/saving tackle. For our style of play its imperative they are fit and fast and capable.

Gabriel for Blackpool had bundles of that and looked like he could keep it up for another hour. Cost them £700,000 from Florist

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Wingbacks on 11:16 - Nov 7 with 1778 viewseastside_r

No.
Wingbacks on 12:49 - Nov 7 with 1655 viewsfrancisbowles

When did Moses actually pick up this injury? I can't remember anything from watching on NOW/Sky.

I thought it was because he was on a yellow and was being outplayed.

I know Warburton mentioned injury after the game and he is 'honest' but ........?
Wingbacks on 14:04 - Nov 7 with 1569 viewsLazyFan

Wingbacks on 12:49 - Nov 7 by francisbowles

When did Moses actually pick up this injury? I can't remember anything from watching on NOW/Sky.

I thought it was because he was on a yellow and was being outplayed.

I know Warburton mentioned injury after the game and he is 'honest' but ........?

I agree, looked like Moses was in that "mood" again of flying into tackles without any concern.

Kakay came on and did a very decent job, problem was Barbet is no LB. Sometimes Barbs can get away with it, but not against Gabriel who was pacy and skilful.

Barbs were at fault for the penalty, but really we can excuse him as he was played out of position.

Wallace is quality but his body has totally gone and he won't be her next season. Sam is not ours so, will go back and seems to have injury problems as much as Wallace.

This leaves us without an LB whatsoever. I am hoping we sign someone in Jan to cover this problem.

zzzzzzzzzz

Wingbacks on 14:11 - Nov 7 with 1563 viewsqprd

Wingbacks on 14:04 - Nov 7 by LazyFan

I agree, looked like Moses was in that "mood" again of flying into tackles without any concern.

Kakay came on and did a very decent job, problem was Barbet is no LB. Sometimes Barbs can get away with it, but not against Gabriel who was pacy and skilful.

Barbs were at fault for the penalty, but really we can excuse him as he was played out of position.

Wallace is quality but his body has totally gone and he won't be her next season. Sam is not ours so, will go back and seems to have injury problems as much as Wallace.

This leaves us without an LB whatsoever. I am hoping we sign someone in Jan to cover this problem.

playing out of position is hardly an excuse for that mistake... he was basically occupying the same position he normally occupies as a left sided centre back in a 3.... im sure the wind was probably a factor but youd expect him to do a lot better than that irrespective of where he was on the pitch
Wingbacks on 14:15 - Nov 7 with 1551 viewsLythamR

He probably hurt his shin a bit when he needlessly tried to cut Josh Bowler in half
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024