Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Stadium 😬 23:34 - Feb 19 with 5242 viewsthame_hoops

Went to the game today with my mate who came over from the US. we sat in Ellerslie Road, usually I go to the Paddocks.

He couldn’t believe how crowded it is in the concourse before the game and at half-time. Huge queues for the concession stands. You literally cannot move, shoulder to shoulder.

Got me thinking about all the stadiums I’ve been to in the last couple of years, and I have to admit, I cannot compare Loftus Road to any of them, in terms of poor facilities and overcrowded.

This stadium really is not fit for purpose anymore. Not sure what the answer is going forward.

What does everyone else think?
Our Stadium 😬 on 15:51 - Feb 20 with 1056 viewsBoston

Our Stadium 😬 on 09:20 - Feb 20 by Hayesender

You mustn't have been at Selhurst Park a few years ago where the fire escapes, in fact the only escape, was padlocked shut

Filbert St had a bad vibe of fire hazard about it.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Our Stadium 😬 on 16:18 - Feb 20 with 971 viewsCamberleyR

Our Stadium 😬 on 12:35 - Feb 20 by dutch

I support the club, which is based in Loftus road W12. this is our history, our cave if you like, and i would rather be a troglodyte here than in some swish, faceless, soulless bowl in perivale. I firmly believe you could make The KPF stadium a decent modern 20000 seater if we invested in it, while maintaining the character and what for me is the charm. i would much rather watch football at home as it is than at the Emirates eg, don't mind a crush and a crowd it's a football match.

If by a modern 20000 seater you mean seats that have adequate leg room for anybody that is larger in stature than the late Ronnie Corbett and modern concourses then I'm sorry but even with the most clever engineering you would never get that on the footprint that LR currently sits on.

If that patch of land had just been bought for the purpose of stadium development, the most you would probably get planning for would be 12k tops.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Our Stadium 😬 on 16:41 - Feb 20 with 930 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Our Stadium 😬 on 14:01 - Feb 20 by thame_hoops

Don’t get me wrong, both had a great time, and he did love the atmosphere. His biggest laugh was the hull fans doing Pigbag back at us.

My overall point, taking away the romanticism of the ground, and the memories there, that’s about all it has going.

He couldn’t believe that in today’s day and age, a club that has been in the Premier League, a professional football club, has the facilities that we have. The legroom, the width of the seat etc it did come as a bit of a shock to him, although I did pre-warn him.

Also, recently going to Spurs for NFL, just got me thinking about our stadium and facilities, that’s all.

This is a great post and while reluctant to jump in I feel we need to change a lot of things at our home patch.
Trying to expand our fanbase is critical to long term plans and without modern facilities and food services ,bathrooms ,ease of movement ,seating etc that is almost impossible.
Fans who follow QPR day and night are incredibly loyal and passionate but most Stadium they visit probably have better services and space and that is what they deserve at LF.
Our Stadium 😬 on 17:06 - Feb 20 with 899 viewsNewBee

Our Stadium 😬 on 12:47 - Feb 20 by thehat

I never want to leave the place - its tight, cramped and I will never have any skin on my shins until the day I die.

But I love the place and its location set right in the heart of West London.

I know a LOT of Bees fans said much the same about leaving Griffin Park, me included.

But I doubt there is a single one who is still saying it after experiencing Lionel Road.

The key is to have the right design, size and location.
Our Stadium 😬 on 18:12 - Feb 20 with 809 viewsthame_hoops

Our Stadium 😬 on 17:06 - Feb 20 by NewBee

I know a LOT of Bees fans said much the same about leaving Griffin Park, me included.

But I doubt there is a single one who is still saying it after experiencing Lionel Road.

Great example.

I’m 6’4” and the only place I can sit comfortably at Loftus Road is the Paddocks or Row A of any stands.. I’m quite broad too, so I always feel like I am wedged in between two people!
Our Stadium 😬 on 19:37 - Feb 20 with 741 viewsderbyhoop

Hqving worked as a steward at Derby3s Baseball Ground and at Pride Park, I'm horrified by the crowding at KPFS.

AFter the Bradford fire, the aim, in the event of an emergency, is to be able to clear the ground in 5 minutes. Rangers couldn't do it in 3 x that target.

No matter what others think, and I'm as attached as anybody, the ground is not fit for purpose,

ANybody who thinks you can make any serious improvements on the crqmped current footprint is living in dream world
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 19:42]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Our Stadium 😬 on 20:00 - Feb 20 with 699 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Leg room and short queues are great, but it still looks like an IKEA and has as much atmosphere.
Our Stadium 😬 on 20:04 - Feb 20 with 673 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Location is what we're struggling with. Loftus Rd is arguably one of the best locations anywhere for a football ground. Where do we go from here?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024