Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin : The Poll 21:30 - Mar 17 with 14861 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin : The Poll

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 18:51 - Mar 19 with 1364 viewsCatullus

Russell Martin : The Poll on 18:30 - Mar 19 by A_Fans_Dad

I wonder if you run the poll again after the horror show you would get the same result?

It's still running and I bet a few have voted since the game ended, as I am now about to do.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Russell Martin : The Poll on 18:54 - Mar 19 with 1326 viewsonehunglow

Can I vote again,by proxy.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin : The Poll on 18:58 - Mar 19 with 1339 viewsCatullus

I have just voted and it was a NO. Today was enough. We offered next to nothing in attack and were very lucky not to concede.

The lessons he should be learning are being ignored as he sticks to his "principles" and while I guess he may learn in time, right now he needs to get the message. Maybe the booing today will wake him up but I doubt it.

Today my son reiterated his desire to choose an EPL team to follow, because he is fed up of being bored but this time he also said he'd lost interest in the Swans. When I previously mentioned this I mentioned the unknown damage Martin was doing and today, in one young fans eyes anyway, enough is enough.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Russell Martin : The Poll on 19:00 - Mar 19 with 1319 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The Poll on 18:58 - Mar 19 by Catullus

I have just voted and it was a NO. Today was enough. We offered next to nothing in attack and were very lucky not to concede.

The lessons he should be learning are being ignored as he sticks to his "principles" and while I guess he may learn in time, right now he needs to get the message. Maybe the booing today will wake him up but I doubt it.

Today my son reiterated his desire to choose an EPL team to follow, because he is fed up of being bored but this time he also said he'd lost interest in the Swans. When I previously mentioned this I mentioned the unknown damage Martin was doing and today, in one young fans eyes anyway, enough is enough.

which is why I highlight the fact Martin is killing our club for some time to come.He has already undine any good we had and now we are heading downwards. He promises much but we should know by now he is clueless and yeah...he ll concentrate on his businesses in future

Russell Martin : The Poll on 19:40 - Mar 19 with 1290 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin : The Poll on 19:00 - Mar 19 by onehunglow

which is why I highlight the fact Martin is killing our club for some time to come.He has already undine any good we had and now we are heading downwards. He promises much but we should know by now he is clueless and yeah...he ll concentrate on his businesses in future

Martin will see his career cut shot if he does not adapt. Everyone has to adapt or they are destined to fail. He is not "killing Swansea city". His successor at MK Dons is having a good season for example.

He cannot complain at travel and bad pitches. These are excuses. It is his job to get the best results from the schedule given to him which he was aware of in advance. If the club is going to glide for the rest of the season then play the young players lie Congreave, Abdullai Rushesha and Ogbeta.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russell Martin : The Poll on 19:42 - Mar 19 with 1291 viewsmax936

How do you rate him alongside Pivac, two peas out of the same pod

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Russell Martin : The Poll on 19:59 - Mar 19 with 1279 viewsTreforys_Jack

I backed him initially on the proviso that it was a new formation and new tactics, and there was a gradual improvement. That has certainly stalled since Xmas and it just seems like he is not learning and is entrenched in his beliefs, even though most can see its not working. I'm genuinely concerned for our Championship survival next season if he's still in charge.
I'm continually looking for signs that it's turning around but just can't see it going anywhere but backwards. Players seem terrified of making mistakes or not following the tactics. There is very little flair in the side and he's even managed to do what many opposition managers failed to do, which is to nullify Piroe. We should have lost by at least 2 goals today and its not good enough. Time is up Mr Martin unless you change drastically very quickly.
Russell Martin : The Poll on 20:24 - Mar 19 with 1234 viewsDr_Parnassus

I voted No.

Which is the first time I’ve voted this way with Martin. Usually because I think he has the capability to learn or I don’t feel there are viable alternatives out there to replace.

But the arrogance exuding from his set up, all the way through to his back room staff is just staggering. It’s poisonous.

When you start thinking it must be a bus journey (taken days ago) as a reason to why we are so bad, rather than thinking it could possibly have anything to do with the tactics you are insisting on playing, is nauseating.

At this point the alternatives available are almost a moot point, I can’t think of many people who could be doing a worse job with this set of players.

Lack of accountability and obliviousness are absolutely deadly when they are a managers traits. His whole job is to figure out why something isn’t working and fix it, to blame the pitch, the bus, the ref is just astounding arrogance.

It’s misplaced arrogance too. It’s not like he has a rich history of his tactics working, the man has never finished in the top half. You would think he would want to improve and learn, but no.

Time up for me. 37 games is far more than anyone else gets when performances are so consistently poor. We have declined in every single department since the season began, that fact tells you everything.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin : The Poll on 20:36 - Mar 19 with 1229 viewsunion_jack

Russell Martin : The Poll on 19:42 - Mar 19 by max936

I made exactly the same point today.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 20:38 - Mar 19 with 1217 viewsQJumpingJack

If we can win two or three games on the bounce between now and the end of the season - everyone will be happy as we head into a new season which starts in July this year.
Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:00 - Mar 19 with 1154 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The Poll on 19:42 - Mar 19 by max936

Pivac worse,marginally ,mainly as he is less deluded ,if that's possible .He really doesn't have a clue. That said,Wales also are captained abysmally .

Martin is basically a sick joke which will become obvious to all very soon.If he is here next season,it will be a surprise to many. He will not be here by Christmas,for sure,a relegation will be a real possibility and the owners will then see the Light.

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:35 - Mar 19 with 1123 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Russell Martin : The Poll on 20:38 - Mar 19 by QJumpingJack

If we can win two or three games on the bounce between now and the end of the season - everyone will be happy as we head into a new season which starts in July this year.

That's the sort of nonsense that saw Monk given the permanent job despite winning 3 of his first 15 or so matches in charge.

It was as clear as day that Monk was taking the team and individual players badkwards, yet two or three wins on the bounce at the end of the season was enough to see the majority of fans forget the prior 3 or 4 months.

Martin should be judged on his 37 games (and counting) - not cherry picked time periods that best fit the arguement that his ideas are working.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 22:13 - Mar 19 with 1060 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:35 - Mar 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That's the sort of nonsense that saw Monk given the permanent job despite winning 3 of his first 15 or so matches in charge.

It was as clear as day that Monk was taking the team and individual players badkwards, yet two or three wins on the bounce at the end of the season was enough to see the majority of fans forget the prior 3 or 4 months.

Martin should be judged on his 37 games (and counting) - not cherry picked time periods that best fit the arguement that his ideas are working.

Monk not one of my favourite managers but won 5 Pl games and drew 4 of his first 14.
So his record was quite good then, plus he got us to 8th the following season.
As I say, didn't like his managerial style, but owners dont usually look at that

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 07:31 - Mar 20 with 984 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin : The Poll on 20:38 - Mar 19 by QJumpingJack

July ?
Crukey. Thought we had until at least early August ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 07:57 - Mar 20 with 962 viewsQJumpingJack

Russell Martin : The Poll on 07:31 - Mar 20 by STID2017

July ?
Crukey. Thought we had until at least early August ...

Season starts end of July as the Championship due to the World Cup.
One would imagine a lot of clubs in our division may decide to change their manager when the World Cup is on / while we are in a rest period.
Russell Martin : The Poll on 08:56 - Mar 20 with 935 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russell Martin : The Poll on 10:23 - Mar 19 by Catullus

I think he understands his style, what he doesn't understand is his squad or that to get the best out of it he needs to adjust his style.

It's his point blank refusal to accept his style needs adjusting that worries me.

If Naughtons' pass (v Peterborough) isn't enough evidence, along with all the other stupid goals we conceded, then what will be?

I haven't voted. I'm not on the fence but there isn't an answer in the poll for me. There is still time for Martin to have this team winning but only if he learns. He cannot rely on getting the quality players we need because we don't have the money. The point has to come where he learns or he will fail.
I honestly believe this squad is good enough to be higher up the table but I can hardly call for Martin to be sacked because

a/ who would we look to instead,
b/ he could still learn, he could realise that his single minded approach isn't working.

AND

c/ we know they won''t sack him anyway. Better to keep supporting the team, inside the stadium anyway, and keep the complaints for on here.

Here’s a question- when a centre half for Norwich did he faff about with the ball at the back playing triangles with his keeper and full back ?? Or did he play the ball forward at every opportunity thus avoiding inviting pressure on the defence he was marshaling??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Russell Martin : The Poll on 11:18 - Mar 20 with 870 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin : The Poll on 13:34 - Mar 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Rebuilding? They just got promoted.

You just have to go on their forum to see what they thought of him and how tired they were of his excuses.

But like most managers, they will have some that like him.

You need to realise that the majority of football fans do not post on forums. It is not a true reflection of the opinion of a clubs fans only of the opinions of those who post. An example of this would be if you read this forum there is an overwhelming majority who say no, yet if you look at the poll its nearly a 50% split. Only very very few play the forum posting game, nany more read and keep a silent council.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Russell Martin : The Poll on 11:36 - Mar 20 with 858 viewsMinesapint

Surely the ones still supporting him are basing their vote on hope. Certainly cannot be based on a belief that his system is working or likely to work and definitely not based on performance.
Russell Martin : The Poll on 11:54 - Mar 20 with 838 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The Poll on 11:36 - Mar 20 by Minesapint

Surely the ones still supporting him are basing their vote on hope. Certainly cannot be based on a belief that his system is working or likely to work and definitely not based on performance.

They are.They ,like all of us hope for the best.
We or rather Winter has screwed up by accepting Martin's drivel at interview and we are now suffering the consequences.
Meanwhile,Nathan Jones,a Welsh manager ,on a shoestring could well see Luton in the Premier League. And basically from 4 division away,but he wasn't good enough for us!

Russell Martin : The Poll on 11:58 - Mar 20 with 834 viewsraynor94

Russell Martin : The Poll on 11:54 - Mar 20 by onehunglow

We or rather Winter has screwed up by accepting Martin's drivel at interview and we are now suffering the consequences.
Meanwhile,Nathan Jones,a Welsh manager ,on a shoestring could well see Luton in the Premier League. And basically from 4 division away,but he wasn't good enough for us!

Yet he was a disaster at Stoke, would you have employed him then? But can't argue he's done excellent this season

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Russell Martin : The Poll on 12:03 - Mar 20 with 823 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin : The Poll on 11:18 - Mar 20 by Whiterockin

You need to realise that the majority of football fans do not post on forums. It is not a true reflection of the opinion of a clubs fans only of the opinions of those who post. An example of this would be if you read this forum there is an overwhelming majority who say no, yet if you look at the poll its nearly a 50% split. Only very very few play the forum posting game, nany more read and keep a silent council.

Not sure what point you are making?

You said you spoke to a fan and he liked him, I responded telling you that others don’t like him and have stated why quite clearly.

How is what you did any different from what I responded with? Surely I can say… “you need to understand that more people support MK Dons then the bloke you spoke to”.

You only have to look at their back to back bottom half finishes to get a clue that there may not be some happy campers there. They had a very good squad after getting promotion from League 2.

Most clubs promoted do well such is the small gap between the two leagues. The best teams in league 2 are usually among the best teams in league 1 too. History shows us this.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 12:22 - Mar 20 with 807 viewsbuilthjack

Russell Martin : The Poll on 11:54 - Mar 20 by onehunglow

He wouldn't come here. He is a scummer.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Russell Martin : The Poll on 12:27 - Mar 20 with 805 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin : The Poll on 12:03 - Mar 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Not sure what point you are making?

You said you spoke to a fan and he liked him, I responded telling you that others don’t like him and have stated why quite clearly.

How is what you did any different from what I responded with? Surely I can say… “you need to understand that more people support MK Dons then the bloke you spoke to”.

You only have to look at their back to back bottom half finishes to get a clue that there may not be some happy campers there. They had a very good squad after getting promotion from League 2.

Most clubs promoted do well such is the small gap between the two leagues. The best teams in league 2 are usually among the best teams in league 1 too. History shows us this.

My point is that a fans forum is not a true reflection of what fans think. Read this forum most of the posts say no but the pole is split. It's shows the posters posting are not necessarily the thoughts of the majority and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Russell Martin : The Poll on 13:02 - Mar 20 with 771 viewsguthrieintherain

I thought you liked Russ you never mentioned it before.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Russell Martin : The Poll on 13:23 - Mar 20 with 750 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The Poll on 11:58 - Mar 20 by raynor94

Yet he was a disaster at Stoke, would you have employed him then? But can't argue he's done excellent this season

I wasn't in the position to employ him.
He will not be as big a disaster as Russ.

Dont think he destroyed players at Stoke though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024