Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin : The Poll 21:30 - Mar 17 with 14863 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin : The Poll

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 06:56 - Mar 21 with 1314 viewsKeithHaynes

We will run this poll for another two days, so hurry up Harry and vote 👍

Russell Martin : The Poll on 10:06 - Mar 21 with 1209 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The Poll on 06:56 - Mar 21 by KeithHaynes

We will run this poll for another two days, so hurry up Harry and vote 👍

I’ve contacted my Hate group to vote en masse to vote him down . It’s a bit of fun as we know it has no bearing on matters

We know it’s pointless and that Russ will continue to lead us forward

Meanwhile …

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin : The Poll on 11:54 - Mar 21 with 1182 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Russell Martin : The Poll on 10:06 - Mar 21 by onehunglow

I’ve contacted my Hate group to vote en masse to vote him down . It’s a bit of fun as we know it has no bearing on matters

We know it’s pointless and that Russ will continue to lead us forward

Meanwhile …

"We know it’s pointless and that Russ will continue to lead us forward"

The big question is forward to what?
Russell Martin : The Poll on 12:41 - Mar 21 with 1151 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin : The Poll on 11:54 - Mar 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Excellent point. Just what is an acceptable level currently for Swansea City. Its no good saying we have been a division 3 or 4 club for a lot our history, times have changed with the stadium training facilities ect. Should we be a Premier League team it's not sustainable long term for a club our size.

I would like to see us as dept free solid championship club flirting with promotion and occasionally achieving it with the odd cup run thrown in. Hopefully long term bringing home grown players through. I can but dream.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Russell Martin : The Poll on 13:19 - Mar 21 with 1118 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The Poll on 11:54 - Mar 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Think it s best to ask the positive posters and not a negative chap like me .
ymlaen y Jacs ..innit

Russell Martin : The Poll on 13:21 - Mar 21 with 1113 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:09 - Mar 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Martin has been given a contract and a mandate to play like Liverpool played this evening. Swansea play poor half speed version of it at the moment due to a lack of practice possible lack of proper coaching and an unsuitable player pool according to Martin.

He will be given his head whether you like it or not. He will either succeed or fail. I see him doing a similar thing to Cooper and walk after 2 seasons if the management lose confidence in him which happened to Cooper.

Martin did not complain about the lack of January signings knowing money would become available in the Summer. Martin was interested in players in the £1.5m mark. Players like Darling and O'Reilly. £6 or £7m for Downes would help in this.

At that point Martin will need to produce a high tempo passing team with good energy and accuracy. If he fails the club will parachute in assistance such as Leon Britton who has seen it all and knows all about moving the ball smoothly with intensity.

To play like Liverpool you need Liverpool standard players .

Russell Martin : The Poll on 13:54 - Mar 21 with 1105 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Russell Martin : The Poll on 13:21 - Mar 21 by onehunglow

To play like Liverpool you need Liverpool standard players .

I would suggest that they could be a slightly lower standard as they are playing against lesser opponents.
But it is too easy to defeat at our level, you just need a high press and man marking and it falls apart without much more mobility by our players, who are too static most of the time.
Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:04 - Mar 21 with 1099 viewsguthrieintherain

Russell Martin : The Poll on 13:54 - Mar 21 by A_Fans_Dad

I would suggest that they could be a slightly lower standard as they are playing against lesser opponents.
But it is too easy to defeat at our level, you just need a high press and man marking and it falls apart without much more mobility by our players, who are too static most of the time.

Our main problem is the lack of tempo it resembled walking football on Saturday.

Watched Both Boro and Forest over the weekend and they both looked good fast direct football.

Must admit had a gutsful of Martins style now.

Either he adapts or he needs to go.
The football is getting easier by the week to play against and is dull as dishwater.

Sort it out or pack your bags.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:33 - Mar 21 with 1056 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:04 - Mar 21 by guthrieintherain

Our main problem is the lack of tempo it resembled walking football on Saturday.

Watched Both Boro and Forest over the weekend and they both looked good fast direct football.

Must admit had a gutsful of Martins style now.

Either he adapts or he needs to go.
The football is getting easier by the week to play against and is dull as dishwater.

Sort it out or pack your bags.

Agree fully

We have the players .

Russell Martin : The Poll on 19:53 - Mar 21 with 971 viewsKeithHaynes

13 more votes required 👍

Russell Martin : The Poll on 20:06 - Mar 21 with 960 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:33 - Mar 21 by onehunglow

Agree fully

We have the players .

I guess you want Martin to go ?
Just a hunch...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 20:46 - Mar 21 with 943 viewsCatullus

Russell Martin : The Poll on 19:53 - Mar 21 by KeithHaynes

13 more votes required 👍

What, to get him sacked

Up til now the opinion seems to be a majority on here are against him now. The booing in the stadium was definitely louder, more people voicing concerns.

I can't wait for the end of the season, personally. I had high hopes when Martin got the job but right now he is a big let down. I suppose I have to wait until December and let another window roll by to see if he can improve things but I don't have the faith anymore.

Its because he won't learn, not even that he can't but he seems to point blank refuse to.

I'm actually glad my new job had already seen me rule out renewing our season tickets, it made that decision easy.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:28 - Mar 21 with 905 viewsguthrieintherain

Russell Martin : The Poll on 20:46 - Mar 21 by Catullus

What, to get him sacked

Up til now the opinion seems to be a majority on here are against him now. The booing in the stadium was definitely louder, more people voicing concerns.

I can't wait for the end of the season, personally. I had high hopes when Martin got the job but right now he is a big let down. I suppose I have to wait until December and let another window roll by to see if he can improve things but I don't have the faith anymore.

Its because he won't learn, not even that he can't but he seems to point blank refuse to.

I'm actually glad my new job had already seen me rule out renewing our season tickets, it made that decision easy.

I don't want him sacked yet getting close though just want him to show something different we can't carry on like we are.
The football is tedious..

Wingers
Creativity
Pace.
Stop the suicidal defending.
Play players in their correct positions.
Pick the best keeper not best passer.
Get the fans excited.

Just cannot see him adapting though.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 21:44]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Russell Martin : The Poll on 08:46 - Mar 22 with 792 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The Poll on 21:28 - Mar 21 by guthrieintherain

I don't want him sacked yet getting close though just want him to show something different we can't carry on like we are.
The football is tedious..

Wingers
Creativity
Pace.
Stop the suicidal defending.
Play players in their correct positions.
Pick the best keeper not best passer.
Get the fans excited.

Just cannot see him adapting though.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 21:44]

It is going to continue .
You know that,we all do.
He will not adapt

Russell Martin : The Poll on 13:44 - Mar 22 with 694 viewsQJumpingJack

What was the objective that Winter would have given Martin for this season in early August.
"To be competitive"?
"Mid-table?"
There is no way the club will sack Martin - it would be too costly - two years to go and a back room team.
Russell Martin : The Poll on 13:58 - Mar 22 with 684 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin : The Poll on 13:44 - Mar 22 by QJumpingJack

What was the objective that Winter would have given Martin for this season in early August.
"To be competitive"?
"Mid-table?"
There is no way the club will sack Martin - it would be too costly - two years to go and a back room team.

Not learning is not a sustainable way forward, Martin must adapt and improve. His argument at present is that he cannot improve performances and tempo of the team because the roster on board simply cannot do it. He wants to play like Liverpool.

Swansea play a little bit like Liverpool but at 30% of the speed. Up the speed and the passes go astray. This is Leon Britton territory. He was a master of tempo and even better with d someone like De Guzman who oiled the machine and delivered the ball to d faster players in space.

Mr Allen currently accept the Martin narrative that the style will improve markedly once the new signings "set in stone" are on board. Next season all the boxes will be ticked. A suitable roster a full pre-season full backing from the board. It will now be for Martin to deliver. Even if he at first fails the next step is to change his support team incorporating a Britton Routledge or Rangel perhaps. Adapt or die or in this case accept dismissal.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:00 - Mar 22 with 678 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The Poll on 13:44 - Mar 22 by QJumpingJack

"To be competitive"?
"Mid-table?"

We could be 10 points adrift at the bottom and Rus would still be saying the job is in hand and we are in transition .
Our best hope is him moving on;when he does,he will blame US or rather the club for not backing him and is plan.

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:23 - Mar 22 with 673 viewscadleigh

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:00 - Mar 22 by onehunglow

We could be 10 points adrift at the bottom and Rus would still be saying the job is in hand and we are in transition .
Our best hope is him moving on;when he does,he will blame US or rather the club for not backing him and is plan.

Unfortunately there's a minority of supporters who think 'Russ' is the 'real deal' and will brook no criticism of him whatsoever. For them, no matter how or when he leaves, and how much destruction he causes in the meantime, he will always be the Once and Future King, who would have created a new Golden Age for the club if he hadn't been cruelly stabbed in the back by the 'money men'.

The online contingent of this 'Russ'-worshipping sect are small but noisy and persistent, therefore seeming more numerous than they really are. I think most of them have a crush on him, personally.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:31 - Mar 22 with 667 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin : The Poll on 13:58 - Mar 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Not learning is not a sustainable way forward, Martin must adapt and improve. His argument at present is that he cannot improve performances and tempo of the team because the roster on board simply cannot do it. He wants to play like Liverpool.

Swansea play a little bit like Liverpool but at 30% of the speed. Up the speed and the passes go astray. This is Leon Britton territory. He was a master of tempo and even better with d someone like De Guzman who oiled the machine and delivered the ball to d faster players in space.

Mr Allen currently accept the Martin narrative that the style will improve markedly once the new signings "set in stone" are on board. Next season all the boxes will be ticked. A suitable roster a full pre-season full backing from the board. It will now be for Martin to deliver. Even if he at first fails the next step is to change his support team incorporating a Britton Routledge or Rangel perhaps. Adapt or die or in this case accept dismissal.

If he wants to play like Liverpool why doesn’t he play wingers or full backs?

We play nothing remotely like Liverpool.

You are funny when you get a phrase in your head.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:44 - Mar 22 with 665 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:23 - Mar 22 by cadleigh

Unfortunately there's a minority of supporters who think 'Russ' is the 'real deal' and will brook no criticism of him whatsoever. For them, no matter how or when he leaves, and how much destruction he causes in the meantime, he will always be the Once and Future King, who would have created a new Golden Age for the club if he hadn't been cruelly stabbed in the back by the 'money men'.

The online contingent of this 'Russ'-worshipping sect are small but noisy and persistent, therefore seeming more numerous than they really are. I think most of them have a crush on him, personally.

You are going down a familiar fake rabbit hole. Almost nobody worships Martin. Even his supporters carry a sack full of scepticism. I believe Swansea should play a possession based team of 11 players comfortable in possession and able to pass the ball comfortably in any situation and under pressure.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:52 - Mar 22 with 659 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin : The Poll on 14:44 - Mar 22 by ReslovenSwan1

You are going down a familiar fake rabbit hole. Almost nobody worships Martin. Even his supporters carry a sack full of scepticism. I believe Swansea should play a possession based team of 11 players comfortable in possession and able to pass the ball comfortably in any situation and under pressure.

Any possession based game?

How about keeping the ball in their own 18 yard box? Acceptable? Fulfils the brief you set out.

Or do you mean a sensible possession based game with a purpose, that is tactically sound and makes sense? A possession football style with the ultimate goal above all to win the game?

Because they are both wildly different. As of yet you haven’t seemed to grasp that yet.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 15:18 - Mar 22 with 648 viewsvetchonian

No matter what the result of this poll it does seem we are "stuck" with Martin .

As has constantly been said he appears not to be learning...or does he even want to learn?

I worry also about the whole managment structure at the club...surely by know the likes of WInter and Allen should be sitting him down and counselling him?

Despite this being a socalled season of transition by now there should be some signs of progression...yet the fottball is turgid and result less....in any other profession by now questions would be being asked by those above a manager who is not "performing"

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 15:24 - Mar 22 with 644 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin : The Poll on 15:18 - Mar 22 by vetchonian

No matter what the result of this poll it does seem we are "stuck" with Martin .

As has constantly been said he appears not to be learning...or does he even want to learn?

I worry also about the whole managment structure at the club...surely by know the likes of WInter and Allen should be sitting him down and counselling him?

Despite this being a socalled season of transition by now there should be some signs of progression...yet the fottball is turgid and result less....in any other profession by now questions would be being asked by those above a manager who is not "performing"

It will be a good indicator of the feelings of the swans support since December, and indeed a likely indicator too of the time he will have next season.

Russell Martin : The Poll on 16:32 - Mar 22 with 620 viewscadleigh

Russell Martin : The Poll on 15:18 - Mar 22 by vetchonian

I don't know much about Winter (I knew more about Birch, and had a lot of admiration for him), but my impression is that he has bet the farm on Martin succeeding, and will double down rather than pulling the plug on this project.

Allen spent more of his career as a TV executive than he has in football. He got his current role thanks to the slow-motion Red Wedding that started when Martin was appointed and claimed Andy (Lady Catelyn) Scott and Alan (King Robb) Tate, so I doubt he is going to speak up any time soon, even if he had anything useful to say.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Russell Martin : The Poll on 17:25 - Mar 22 with 590 viewsvetchonian

Russell Martin : The Poll on 16:32 - Mar 22 by cadleigh

I don't know much about Winter (I knew more about Birch, and had a lot of admiration for him), but my impression is that he has bet the farm on Martin succeeding, and will double down rather than pulling the plug on this project.

Allen spent more of his career as a TV executive than he has in football. He got his current role thanks to the slow-motion Red Wedding that started when Martin was appointed and claimed Andy (Lady Catelyn) Scott and Alan (King Robb) Tate, so I doubt he is going to speak up any time soon, even if he had anything useful to say.

Which is why I worry!!!

Allen has very little football pedigree and for me Winter is akin to a dodgy car dealer...probably why he gravitated to Martin ......

It is amazing the overall state of our club given where we were 5 years ago its crazy that having spent 7 years in the richest league in the world we find ourselves in such a position.
Birch was a great hope it was a sad day when he left as I beleive he had a football brain as well as beung very business savvy.

But we are where we are...even though we are going backwards at a rate of knots

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024