Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This team as it stands next season 18:53 - Apr 16 with 4301 viewsKeithHaynes

With no additions, although Wolf and Christie staying.

Chances ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

This team as it stands next season on 15:33 - Apr 18 with 902 viewsKeithHaynes

This team as it stands next season on 14:27 - Apr 18 by Dr_Winston

We either sell someone for a big fee to clear any deficit and provide funds for RM to add genuine depth in the key areas needed or we go again with a reduced squad.

Those are the only two options.

For me when we play like we have at WBA, Cardiff etc, and even today we could do it with this squad, Lati playing so well, but can we resist the big offer for Piroe if it comes in ? I genuinely think he isn’t suited anywhere else atm.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

This team as it stands next season on 15:44 - Apr 18 with 899 viewsDr_Winston

This team as it stands next season on 15:33 - Apr 18 by KeithHaynes

For me when we play like we have at WBA, Cardiff etc, and even today we could do it with this squad, Lati playing so well, but can we resist the big offer for Piroe if it comes in ? I genuinely think he isn’t suited anywhere else atm.

More of a depth issue than a quality one. Need to be able to rotate a couple more positions than we can at present.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

This team as it stands next season on 15:56 - Apr 18 with 873 viewsLorax

This team as it stands next season on 15:44 - Apr 18 by Dr_Winston

More of a depth issue than a quality one. Need to be able to rotate a couple more positions than we can at present.

If we can add some depth and some consistency then it's there for us. We blow so hot and cold though.

Maybe after the next window, if the right platers are brought in and a few have left, with a full pre-season behind us, maybe we will have a good crack at it.

It still means keeping Piroe, Oba, Downes etc and are we confident that we will?
This team as it stands next season on 15:59 - Apr 18 with 867 viewsDr_Winston

This team as it stands next season on 15:56 - Apr 18 by Lorax

If we can add some depth and some consistency then it's there for us. We blow so hot and cold though.

Maybe after the next window, if the right platers are brought in and a few have left, with a full pre-season behind us, maybe we will have a good crack at it.

It still means keeping Piroe, Oba, Downes etc and are we confident that we will?

I think we will have to sell one. What matters is how we replace.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

This team as it stands next season on 16:32 - Apr 18 with 851 viewsjasper_T

Wrong thread.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2022 16:32]
This team as it stands next season on 17:12 - Apr 18 with 812 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This team as it stands next season on 22:50 - Apr 16 by Thrasher6

If we keep Piroe, Obe, Downes and Pato...and build everything around them then we'll be a force next season. I'm gearing up....if the top half bet cops I'll be going back in on that priviso...

Paterson not quite up to it, and just goes to show how misplaced his pout was. Move him on.
If we manage to keep Christie we need another RWB to give him a breather . Lati coming on fine , Manning good for this League, Naughts excellent and more to come from Ben Cabango I’m sure.
I hope Brandon Cooper can come back and push on for the first team as we need depth if we’re going to challenge next season.

Get rid of Bennett if we can and try to bring on the likes of Congreve and blood some others and who knows? This division is a poor standard and we’ve blown hot and cold this season - getting the defence straight is the number one priority . Maybe try to reintegrate Benda as I’m not confident with Fisher at all.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

This team as it stands next season on 17:18 - Apr 18 with 808 viewsjasper_T

Whittaker scored twice for Lincoln today. Both he and Cullen started. Garrick 10 minutes off the bench up front. Not played much at wing back for them this season, mostly early games. 14 of 18 starts have been up front.
This team as it stands next season on 17:45 - Apr 18 with 776 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I have no idea where we will end up. Could be relegation, promotion or anything else.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

This team as it stands next season on 18:23 - Apr 18 with 743 viewsonehunglow

This team as it stands next season on 17:12 - Apr 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Paterson not quite up to it, and just goes to show how misplaced his pout was. Move him on.
If we manage to keep Christie we need another RWB to give him a breather . Lati coming on fine , Manning good for this League, Naughts excellent and more to come from Ben Cabango I’m sure.
I hope Brandon Cooper can come back and push on for the first team as we need depth if we’re going to challenge next season.

Get rid of Bennett if we can and try to bring on the likes of Congreve and blood some others and who knows? This division is a poor standard and we’ve blown hot and cold this season - getting the defence straight is the number one priority . Maybe try to reintegrate Benda as I’m not confident with Fisher at all.

Why Paterson is feted beats me entirely.
Wolf scored a good goal today but he is a luxury we can't afford.
Ntcham the same really.

I truly an fearful for next season as we will not have Piroe to get us out of trouble. He is simply incredible a a striker,the best we've had since Bony .

The rest,all of them are meh. under the current regime anyway

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

This team as it stands next season on 18:31 - Apr 18 with 739 viewsjohnlangy

First 22 games of the season, up to end of December yielded 27 points. The 20 games since the start of the New Year has yielded 32 points.

Those stats appear to show that results have improved as the squad has got more used to the style of play. Which makes sense.

So if the last 20 games was reflected in the whole season we'd be on around 66 points now ie same as Sheff U in 6th but with a game in hand. And our goal diff would be better than -5. That's with the same squad.

With a stronger squad next season it's PL here we come
This team as it stands next season on 18:47 - Apr 18 with 730 viewsjasper_T

This team as it stands next season on 18:31 - Apr 18 by johnlangy

First 22 games of the season, up to end of December yielded 27 points. The 20 games since the start of the New Year has yielded 32 points.

Those stats appear to show that results have improved as the squad has got more used to the style of play. Which makes sense.

So if the last 20 games was reflected in the whole season we'd be on around 66 points now ie same as Sheff U in 6th but with a game in hand. And our goal diff would be better than -5. That's with the same squad.

With a stronger squad next season it's PL here we come

The last 20 games we've played everyone in the league except 2nd, 5th and 9th so it's slightly deceptive. 32 points over 20 games isn't enough to get into the playoffs most years unless you pick up a couple of wins in those games as well.

In this unbeaten run of 7 games we've played the bottom 5 and Cardiff. If we weren't in smashing form that would be a big worry.
This team as it stands next season on 20:09 - Apr 18 with 688 viewsLorax

This team as it stands next season on 18:47 - Apr 18 by jasper_T

The last 20 games we've played everyone in the league except 2nd, 5th and 9th so it's slightly deceptive. 32 points over 20 games isn't enough to get into the playoffs most years unless you pick up a couple of wins in those games as well.

In this unbeaten run of 7 games we've played the bottom 5 and Cardiff. If we weren't in smashing form that would be a big worry.

I love the realism you inject, no undue negativity or positivity, just reality. Who we played and when has to be taken into account.

There is still a lot of work to be done. I agree with moving Bennett on, if we can. Maybe Cardiff will fancy him, he'd be an improvement for them! We need to be putting some youngsters in and blooding them now.

Today proves how hot and cold we can be, again. 4-1 up and we should be cruising against a struggling team. The teams at the top end would have put Reading away. There is forward momentum again but it's still a work in progress.
This team as it stands next season (n/t) on 20:31 - Apr 18 with 675 viewsonehunglow

This team as it stands next season on 20:09 - Apr 18 by Lorax

I love the realism you inject, no undue negativity or positivity, just reality. Who we played and when has to be taken into account.

There is still a lot of work to be done. I agree with moving Bennett on, if we can. Maybe Cardiff will fancy him, he'd be an improvement for them! We need to be putting some youngsters in and blooding them now.

Today proves how hot and cold we can be, again. 4-1 up and we should be cruising against a struggling team. The teams at the top end would have put Reading away. There is forward momentum again but it's still a work in progress.

We have enough quality t have made the play offs
Trouble is,we needed to not elect Fisher who has cost us.
His ineptness rips right throuugh the team.
We scored lovely goals today and looked set.

Never assume and never let up
[Post edited 18 Apr 2022 20:33]

This team as it stands next season (n/t) on 20:31 - Apr 18 with 675 viewsonehunglow

The 92nd minute of the game saw us with a free kick near their box.

Then ...

It simply should not happen
[Post edited 18 Apr 2022 20:35]

This team as it stands next season (n/t) on 20:41 - Apr 18 with 659 viewsWhiterockin

This team as it stands next season (n/t) on 20:31 - Apr 18 by onehunglow

We have enough quality t have made the play offs
Trouble is,we needed to not elect Fisher who has cost us.
His ineptness rips right throuugh the team.
We scored lovely goals today and looked set.

Never assume and never let up
[Post edited 18 Apr 2022 20:33]

I see your spell away hasn't improved your negativity. Unbeaten in 7 and playing some nice football. Admittedly we should have won today but that football.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

This team as it stands next season on 20:53 - Apr 18 with 649 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It’s clearly a mentality issue - and I’m not sure how that’s cured? A stronger captain maybe? Not having a go at Grimes because he’s really started to show himself over the last half a dozen games. The team just seem to need a proper kick up the arsenal in games like we had today.

This team as it stands next season on 21:00 - Apr 18 with 641 viewscontroversial_jack

It's taken 40 odd games to get to this stage of mediocrity, why some think this same squad with maybe a fee additions will do better next season is beyond me
This team as it stands next season on 21:05 - Apr 18 with 623 viewsLorax

This team as it stands next season on 20:53 - Apr 18 by Brynmill_Jack

It’s clearly a mentality issue - and I’m not sure how that’s cured? A stronger captain maybe? Not having a go at Grimes because he’s really started to show himself over the last half a dozen games. The team just seem to need a proper kick up the arsenal in games like we had today.

I think it might be a formation issue, we cannot defend properly for 90 minutes, we always gift goals.

Wouldn't a back 4 be better? Couldn't we try 4-1-3-2, 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1? The wing back thing, for me, causes us issues because they are so far forward they often cannot get back to defend and we are wide open down the flanks, players struggling to recover then leave space inside also. it's why we've been so vulnerable to long ball counterattacks.
This team as it stands next season on 21:08 - Apr 18 with 615 viewsvetchonian

This team as it stands next season on 21:00 - Apr 18 by controversial_jack

It's taken 40 odd games to get to this stage of mediocrity, why some think this same squad with maybe a fee additions will do better next season is beyond me

it's the process..

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

This team as it stands next season on 21:31 - Apr 18 with 590 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This team as it stands next season on 21:08 - Apr 18 by vetchonian

it's the process..

To be fair I was among the moaners (and justifiably) when we were going absolutely nowhere ten or more games ago. Clearly since then we have moved on considerably and shown we are a good team going forward but the defensive solidity that Cooper gave the side (a bit like Sousa did) has gone missing. It’s a bit of a worry when the manager was such a decent defender himself.

This team as it stands next season on 10:38 - Apr 19 with 501 viewsDr_Winston

This team as it stands next season on 21:05 - Apr 18 by Lorax

I think it might be a formation issue, we cannot defend properly for 90 minutes, we always gift goals.

Wouldn't a back 4 be better? Couldn't we try 4-1-3-2, 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1? The wing back thing, for me, causes us issues because they are so far forward they often cannot get back to defend and we are wide open down the flanks, players struggling to recover then leave space inside also. it's why we've been so vulnerable to long ball counterattacks.

I don't like three at the back. Never have. Switching to a four would be my preference.

This team as it stands next season on 11:14 - Apr 19 with 482 viewscontroversial_jack

This team as it stands next season on 21:08 - Apr 18 by vetchonian

it's the process..

How long does it take? Usually things can be turned around relatively quickly. This clown has had 45 plus games to get us to mediocrity
This team as it stands next season on 11:23 - Apr 19 with 475 viewsvetchonian

This team as it stands next season on 11:14 - Apr 19 by controversial_jack

How long does it take? Usually things can be turned around relatively quickly. This clown has had 45 plus games to get us to mediocrity

And some are saying we may just be a midtable side next season too.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

This team as it stands next season on 12:40 - Apr 19 with 454 viewsLorax

This team as it stands next season on 11:14 - Apr 19 by controversial_jack

Some managers go into a club and never turn things around. It can be almost instant success or none at all and another manager sacked.

Football is rarely so easy to judge.

IF we sign the right players. IF we have moved the dross out. IF we can hold onto Piroe, Oba, Downes etc. IF we can be the team we have sometimes seen but stop being the hot and cold team we see all too often, lots of if's. Time will tell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024