Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? 20:43 - Jun 3 with 11743 viewsWatfordR

In Lanzarote, and much to the annoyance of the new Mrs Watford, I’ve found somewhere to watch Clare v Meath tomorrow.

However, a possibility that both last year’s finalists will be done by the end of the weekend. What do we think?

Personally I think Tyrone look a mess and will exit tomorrow. Less certain about Mayo but I wouldn’t be surprised if they bowed out too.

What do other Irish Rs think?
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 15:26 - Jun 19 with 2155 viewsWatfordR

Really enjoyable game, Sligo will rue their missed chances. Cavan into the final, and I think Offaly will join them.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 15:34 - Jun 19 with 2144 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 15:26 - Jun 19 by WatfordR

Really enjoyable game, Sligo will rue their missed chances. Cavan into the final, and I think Offaly will join them.

Good stuff.

It brought me back to the 70's and 80's, praying that Pat Spillane would lose!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 16:25 - Jun 19 with 2089 viewsWatfordR

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 15:34 - Jun 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Good stuff.

Used to go to a school with a John Spillane and never heard the end of that Kerry team!
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 16:41 - Jun 19 with 2070 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 16:25 - Jun 19 by WatfordR

Used to go to a school with a John Spillane and never heard the end of that Kerry team!

Ha! Sympathies.

I used to love Jacko Shea and Mikey Sheehy nearly(!) as much as I loved Jimmy Barry, Billy Morgan or John Fenton. But - Jesus - I detested Pat Spillane. The first GAA player to dive and feign injury, a shameless cheat and an intolerable bluffer and buffoon since then.

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 16:51 - Jun 19 with 2062 viewsMyke

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 15:34 - Jun 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Good stuff.

Ha! He was decent but definitely not a chip off the old block! Brilliant atmosphere considering only Hogan open
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 16:51 - Jun 22 with 1908 viewsPaddyhoops

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 16:41 - Jun 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Ha! Sympathies.

I used to love Jacko Shea and Mikey Sheehy nearly(!) as much as I loved Jimmy Barry, Billy Morgan or John Fenton. But - Jesus - I detested Pat Spillane. The first GAA player to dive and feign injury, a shameless cheat and an intolerable bluffer and buffoon since then.

I'm with you on Spillane. He's the troll pundit who puts shit out there to provoke a response.
I seen him play countless times back in the day when my home county Roscommon went toe to toe with that great Kerry side in the late seventies and early eighties.
Our supporters myself included gave him dogs abuse whenever we played them, so much so that we got a mention in his autobiography.
It wasn't very complimentry believe you me.
He called us Gurriers or something along those lines. Obviously got to him. Mission accomplished.
Hell of a player, mind.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 00:40 - Jun 23 with 1829 viewsTomS

I remember him winning the Irish version of Superstars , then competing in the World final. It was in a sun kissed location, and just like every true Irishman at the time, he refused to apply suncream. It was painful to watch and I don't think he did himself justice.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 15:48 - Jun 25 with 1744 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The two teams I want to win today - Cork and Clare - are both up against it.

Banner up first. 'Hon The Banner!

Login to get fewer ads

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 17:02 - Jun 25 with 1673 viewsWatfordR

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 15:48 - Jun 25 by BrianMcCarthy

The two teams I want to win today - Cork and Clare - are both up against it.

Banner up first. 'Hon The Banner!

I think we've found one of this year's finalists!
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 17:09 - Jun 25 with 1659 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 17:02 - Jun 25 by WatfordR

I think we've found one of this year's finalists!

Well, semi-finalist anyway.

Clare have made Derry look good today, so, while they've been impressive, I wouldn't read anything into today at all.

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 17:21 - Jun 25 with 1646 viewsCLAREMAN1995

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 17:09 - Jun 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Clare have made Derry look good today, so, while they've been impressive, I wouldn't read anything into today at all.

Its pretty bad when RTE radio pull off the football to go horse racing and then on to other sports Brian ,tells me it was another blowout .Good luck to the Rebels take out the Dubs.
I will brace myself for next Sunday against KK it will be hell for leather
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 17:28 - Jun 25 with 1642 viewsMrSheen

The BBC Sport website has a shinty final on at the moment, about 2 minutes was all I could stand. Kudos to anyone brave enough to play it but it’s a desperate spectacle compared to hurling. You can’t use your hands so they’re thrashing away on the ground at the ball with a stick with half the surface area of a hurley on a bumpy field in a gale. There’s a weird rule that lets you hit a sideline ball in after throwing it in the air, but only with edge of the stick. Looks impossible.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 17:28]
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 17:29 - Jun 25 with 1640 viewsWatfordR

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 17:09 - Jun 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I think they'll make the final, I don't think Armagh or Galway will beat them. Did Clare make Derry look good, or did Derry just make Clare look poor?
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 00:27 - Jun 26 with 1550 viewsMrSheen

Couldn’t get today’s games on GaaGo so watched last week’s minor hurling semi with my ironing today. Tipp hurling lives! Great finish after that amazing Galway comeback. Only had the Gaelic commentary, but what a player that Galway forward is.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 17:41 - Jun 26 with 1458 viewsWatfordR

Been a bit of a slow burner this one. Kerry played well, but it feels to me like Mayo have another gear or two to use yet.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 22:47 - Jun 26 with 1388 viewsMyke

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 17:41 - Jun 26 by WatfordR

Been a bit of a slow burner this one. Kerry played well, but it feels to me like Mayo have another gear or two to use yet.

Still waiting for that next Mayo gear (which as a Sligo man, fills me with the same glee as a Chelsea cock-up is received by the majority on here!)
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 23:24 - Jun 26 with 1378 viewsWatfordR

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 22:47 - Jun 26 by Myke

Still waiting for that next Mayo gear (which as a Sligo man, fills me with the same glee as a Chelsea cock-up is received by the majority on here!)

Yeah, didn't happen did it? They had a spell about 10 minutes into the second half where they looked like they were building a head of steam, but spurned the chances they had, and then they really just went away.

Anyhow, four provincial winners in the semis, which always seems right and fair to me. It's a Dublin-Derry final for me.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 23:56 - Jun 26 with 1352 viewsMyke

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 23:24 - Jun 26 by WatfordR

Yeah, didn't happen did it? They had a spell about 10 minutes into the second half where they looked like they were building a head of steam, but spurned the chances they had, and then they really just went away.

Anyhow, four provincial winners in the semis, which always seems right and fair to me. It's a Dublin-Derry final for me.

I agree on the provincial winner thing, but hoping for a Karry/Galway final. That way we see the best two players in the country go head to head
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 01:06 - Jun 27 with 1317 viewsBoston

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 00:27 - Jun 26 by MrSheen

Couldn’t get today’s games on GaaGo so watched last week’s minor hurling semi with my ironing today. Tipp hurling lives! Great finish after that amazing Galway comeback. Only had the Gaelic commentary, but what a player that Galway forward is.

Ironing?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 07:15 - Jun 27 with 1290 viewsMrSheen

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 01:06 - Jun 27 by Boston

Ironing?

Quickest way to get a confession.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 08:49 - Jun 27 with 1255 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 23:56 - Jun 26 by Myke

I agree on the provincial winner thing, but hoping for a Karry/Galway final. That way we see the best two players in the country go head to head

No point from play again for Clifford yesterday. He's developing a bad habit of not producing in pressure games, and until he fixes that he's not in the same conversation as Kilkenny, O'Callaghan, O'Connor, McCarthy, Murphy, Fenton et al. Or even in the same conversation as his team-mate, O'Shea.

Hoping for Dublin to get through, and have really enjoyed watching Kerry and Galway this year. Kerry have spent two years trying to play Northern football at all age grades, and I don't think it's working for them.

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 08:53 - Jun 27 with 1242 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Felt sorry for Mayo yesterday. Just too many injuries this year.

Didn't feel sorry for Armagh, though. Have loved watching them play this year, but they let themselves down yesterday in a big way.

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 11:17 - Jun 27 with 1193 viewsMyke

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 08:53 - Jun 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Felt sorry for Mayo yesterday. Just too many injuries this year.

Didn't feel sorry for Armagh, though. Have loved watching them play this year, but they let themselves down yesterday in a big way.

Disagree on 2 points Brian (1) You are being a bit selective considering Clifford scored a super GOAL from PLAY - he's the real deal - as is Sean Walsh
(2) Feel sorry for Mayo - never! Rejoice in their annual misery and ineptitude
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 11:48 - Jun 27 with 1170 viewssprocket

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 11:17 - Jun 27 by Myke

Disagree on 2 points Brian (1) You are being a bit selective considering Clifford scored a super GOAL from PLAY - he's the real deal - as is Sean Walsh

Jesus that's harsh. As a Dub living in Galway it's always nice to beat Mayo (so many bloody Mayo flags flying in Galway) but if they hadn't have come up against the greatest football team in history they would have won a couple of all Irelands in the last decade.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 11:57 - Jun 27 with 1153 viewsPaddyhoops

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 11:17 - Jun 27 by Myke

Within the on the Mayo situation.
Having lived in Co Roscommon twelve miles from Ballaghdereen, a border town which is in geographiaclly
in Roscommon but they play Thier football in the Mayo club Championship(stay with me)
It's a hugely political and contested issue between both counties.
I don't hate Mayo but there is always a part of me that thinks ." Whoops,Mayo f**Ked up again. Oh Well Never mind "
Bit like Chelsea exiting the champions leauge !
Churlish I know but....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024