Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finish at 5pm or leave at 5pm? 17:06 - Jul 21 with 8207 viewsJuzzie

Scenario: You work in an office, the hours are 9-5. When it comes to home time do you stop work 5-10 mins before to shut down and prepare yourself to leave at 5pm or do you finish work at 5pm then shut down and get ready to leave?

Finish at 5pm or leave at 5pm? on 14:08 - Jul 23 with 789 viewsPunteR

Finish at 5pm or leave at 5pm? on 13:52 - Jul 23 by Mick_S

Is it on a pub?

Nah, just a boring extension on a bungalow.
Finished at 1pm today if anyone's interested..lol

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Finish at 5pm or leave at 5pm? on 17:12 - Jul 23 with 713 viewsdistortR

Finish at 5pm or leave at 5pm? on 10:50 - Jul 23 by PunteR

Cheap "skilled" labour from Europe didn't help the course but also I think a lot of young people brought up in the UK have got the wrong attitude to manual work and maybe put off companies taking them on.
The colleges are an utter shambles as well when it comes to trade. Its a disgrace really.
It puts off a lot of youngsters willing to learn. 17 - 20 year olds are notoriously difficult especially if they are not academicly switched on. Itsa tough age in some respects, starting off their working life. A tricky time for them and the system isn't set up to get the best out of them.
I put my son through NVQ level 2 and seen first hand how it's run.
My advise if you havnt got a contact within the industry to get an apprenticeship is to get on site labouring. Show a good attitude to hard work turn up every day and get off your mobile phone.
You will get that opportunity.

he's got a good attitude, he's a ground worker now and got his digger ticket, etc.
Finish at 5pm or leave at 5pm? on 19:00 - Jul 23 with 670 viewsPunteR

Finish at 5pm or leave at 5pm? on 17:12 - Jul 23 by distortR

he's got a good attitude, he's a ground worker now and got his digger ticket, etc.

Sorry that advice bit wasn't directed at your son specifically mate. Just in general.
That's great he's sorted for work now.
Plus having a digger licence .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024