Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
well i'm content anyway. 16:56 - Jul 30 with 6093 viewsqpr_1968

first game,
under strength side
few to come back from injury
reshuffle a couple of players after that show
blackburn away....what else, only 1-0
not the end of the world
bring on boro

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

well i'm content anyway. on 07:30 - Jul 31 with 2006 viewsPunteR

Content is an odd word to use after we lose. But hey.. who am I to judge. ?
That's just like..his opinion man!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

well i'm content anyway. on 11:29 - Jul 31 with 1816 viewsqpr_1968

well i'm content anyway. on 07:30 - Jul 31 by PunteR

Content is an odd word to use after we lose. But hey.. who am I to judge. ?
That's just like..his opinion man!

i've explained why.....jesus christ

well i'm content anyway. on 12:31 - Jul 31 with 1782 viewsWatfordR

well i'm content anyway. on 23:00 - Jul 30 by Hunterhoop

Thanks, Lazy.

Your comments on Johansen are of interest (and comcern!). I feared last year (somewhere around the mid point of last season, maybe earlier) that he was a problem with his lack of mobility evident. Was shouted down on here. In then comes out at the end of the season in the Warburton demise that he’d not been training properly since November. He himself admits he didn’t have a proper pre-season last year and did not play well.

But this season he’s had a full pre-season, he’s been retained as captain (makes sense; most experienced pro and has been a captain before), so I was really hoping we’d see the Johansen of his loan spell.

I really hope his legs haven’t gone, but I fear they might have.

If we play with just one proper forward, it’s critical one of your midfield 3 gets into the box often, making runs from deep. Johansen and Dozzell like to play QB but rarely foray near the box. Field has been more of a protector/destroyer in front on the defence. Play all three together and get legs around Johansen, but you have no one making runs into the box. You play with just 3 attacking players, two of them often out wide. No wonder you don’t create much. The more bodies you can get into the box, the more goals.

Amos is the only central midfielder who has shown he can do this, but he has his weaknesses too. I hope this new lad from Brighton can play this sort of central attacking midfielder. If not, I’d like us to be bold and play Chair, with Field an AN Other (probably Johansen for now) with Willock and Roberts/Shodipo/Thomas on the other side with a forward through the middle. I’d be tempted to have Bonne over Dykes currently, but even more tempted to play Roberts there given his pace. That’s if the bloke is ever fit.

I think I largely agree with all of this.

The bit that concerns me is how much leadership we have out there without Johansen, but a midfield three of Chair-Field-Richards/Amos would I think give us more threat and mobility up front, with Willock and Roberts behind a mobile front man.

Bonne has obvious limitations, but seems to me much closer to the type of striker that suits the way we want to play than Dykes. Hopefully another option will be incoming.
well i'm content anyway. on 12:41 - Jul 31 with 1749 viewsgazza1

Shodipo is not good enough and never will be, how he got a start yesterday fails me. Played in strange area’s too.

Dozzell is another that the ‘jury is out’ on - another one whom should not be starting. How he started in stead on ‘Uncle’ I will never know, at wide right too!!!

PS - I am never content with a defeat.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 12:42]
well i'm content anyway. on 12:48 - Jul 31 with 1726 viewsPunteR

well i'm content anyway. on 11:29 - Jul 31 by qpr_1968

i've explained why.....jesus christ

Alright mate..keep ya hair on!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

well i'm content anyway. on 14:38 - Jul 31 with 1565 viewsqpr_1968

well i'm content anyway. on 12:48 - Jul 31 by PunteR

Alright mate..keep ya hair on!

ok fellow.....

well i'm content anyway. on 14:47 - Jul 31 with 1544 viewsvanrrrr

I was content, then i watched Coventry today and learnt Gyokeres cost them about the same as we are rumored to have paid for Bonne or Dykes. Now a malcontent

Our recruitment is still average at best
well i'm content anyway. on 16:18 - Jul 31 with 1464 viewsLazyFan

well i'm content anyway. on 14:47 - Jul 31 by vanrrrr

I was content, then i watched Coventry today and learnt Gyokeres cost them about the same as we are rumored to have paid for Bonne or Dykes. Now a malcontent

Our recruitment is still average at best

Remember Mark Robins also signed Bidwell and Todd Kane. We got money from Coventry for Todd Kane, that's right money for him! Now Robins wants him out. And everyone knew what they were getting with those two.

Viktor Gyokeres is a great find, but they had him on loan before they bought him and also players like him are rare.

In addition, Gyökeres is in the last two years of his contract and I get the feeling he is gonna let it run out. So, it may not be all gravy for Coventry soon. As we know you have to keep repeating that trick to surviving in the Champ, it's ruthless like that.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

well i'm content anyway. on 17:30 - Jul 31 with 1413 viewsHoosWho

As the only team in the Championship yesterday to fail to lodge a single shot on target and with the equal lowest number of shots of any team off target (just 4) I am far from content.
well i'm content anyway. on 10:47 - Aug 1 with 1285 viewsstantheman10

look on the bright side people we're only 3 points behind the league leaders
well i'm content anyway. on 21:55 - Aug 1 with 1182 viewsdigswellhoop

easilt pleased
well i'm content anyway. on 23:55 - Aug 2 with 1003 viewsqpr_1968

well i'm content anyway. on 21:55 - Aug 1 by digswellhoop

easilt pleased

if you mean easily pleased, then you want to read the thread properly.
a positive thread, sabotaged by the negative mob.

well i'm content anyway. on 08:24 - Aug 3 with 885 viewsCroydonCaptJack

well i'm content anyway. on 23:55 - Aug 2 by qpr_1968

if you mean easily pleased, then you want to read the thread properly.
a positive thread, sabotaged by the negative mob.

You have to expect to fight your corner on here mate and by the way I am totally with you. Very early days and we showed good shape and control of the ball. Kakays goes in we would have had at least a point as that worldy was pretty much the only good chance they had. Chair should have done better and Sinclair had a good chance at the end as well.
well i'm content anyway. on 08:46 - Aug 3 with 838 viewsDixie_CT

I’m looking forward to the game on Saturday due to the fact it is ‘What I do’ and QPR mean so much to me.

However, I am slightly nervous about what the season ahead may bring despite us feeling we will finish somewhere between 10th - 18th. Saturday did absolutely nothing to quell my fears and I don’t think we have the players to pull us through the tough and testing times.

The club has a history of last minute loans and I can see at least a right back and centre forward coming in, plus maybe an experience utility player.

Whatever the season…..
well i'm content anyway. on 23:15 - Aug 3 with 712 viewsqpr_1968

well i'm content anyway. on 08:24 - Aug 3 by CroydonCaptJack

You have to expect to fight your corner on here mate and by the way I am totally with you. Very early days and we showed good shape and control of the ball. Kakays goes in we would have had at least a point as that worldy was pretty much the only good chance they had. Chair should have done better and Sinclair had a good chance at the end as well.

croydon i will fight my corner till the bitter end mate, i know i'm right, thanks for backing me up and understanding the thread.
i'm sure the down voters on here expected us to win, thats why they sounded bitter.
i was content with the result because i expected us to lose by more, but on the up side, we could go up with a plus one goal........then that would make sense.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024