Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) 15:50 - Aug 9 with 2973 viewsthame_hoops

I highly recommend this three-part documentary, I remember the events very well.

What I didn’t agree with, the organiser said nothing has been done of this scale around the world. But it made me think that Reading and Glastonbury is much bigger, and done without any issues.

Give it a watch !
Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 16:08 - Aug 9 with 2893 viewsrobith

Yeah I was like ??? when he said that, given Reading especially had similar line ups and never dissolved into *quite* as much anarchy, and Glasto's issue was too many people turning up but never got hugely violent.

Was an interesting doc, quite want to see the HBO one which goes into a bit more depth into the cultural factors which the netflix doc didn't focus on. Like while there's tons of bros, Rage playing was totally ignored whilst people are singing Killing in the Name, graffiting their name - would've been the same time they played outside the DNC? Why is it Limp Bizkit in the US makes everyone trash the place, but not in the UK?
Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 17:29 - Aug 9 with 2765 viewsderbyhoop

Woodstock was 1969.
I don't think Reading/Leeds or Glastonbury were on the same scale back then. But, at my age, memories are getting vague by the week.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 17:33 - Aug 9 with 2760 viewsrobith

Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 17:29 - Aug 9 by derbyhoop

Woodstock was 1969.
I don't think Reading/Leeds or Glastonbury were on the same scale back then. But, at my age, memories are getting vague by the week.

There were two attempts to cash in on Woodstock - in 1994 which was a quagmire, and 1999 where a combo of aggy bands, insane temperatures and price gouging led to the festival descending into a Lord of the Flies style orgy of fire, vandalism and looting. This documentary is about that festival
Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 18:13 - Aug 9 with 2704 viewscharmr

Binge watched it last night, had no idea it was that intense.

The amount of times I kept making judgements and then changed them again. Cliched as it sounds it was a perfect storm.

I thought Limp Bizkit apart from being shyte ended the evening. In fact Metallica did but never showed them or a lot of the other bands. Not even interviewed so I wonder if it was a bit lop sided in its presentation. How Pathetic MTV had become was very apparent.

I was genuinely awe struck to see so many people all moving at the same time during the music.

Worth a watch. Also the 69 festival had its fair share of issues as well.
Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 18:16 - Aug 9 with 2690 viewsthame_hoops

Woodstock was 1969.

This show focuses on the 30 year anniversary concert that they held.
Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 18:46 - Aug 9 with 2641 viewsqprxtc

Watched it last night.

It all makes me question the sanity of everyone involved. All in the attempt of making a shit load of money off of people trying to get off their tits.

What was the f ucking point of it all?

And then the music was an abomination of utter shite.

People are insane.
Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 20:11 - Aug 9 with 2575 viewsSonofpugwash

Woodstock was 1969.

Nothing touches '69 for sheer impact.would have loved to been there,but instead made it to the Bath Festival 1970(much better than the Isle of Wight)
Festivals mostly suck now.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 20:41 - Aug 9 with 2550 viewsOutWestR

Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 20:11 - Aug 9 by Sonofpugwash

Nothing touches '69 for sheer impact.would have loved to been there,but instead made it to the Bath Festival 1970(much better than the Isle of Wight)
Festivals mostly suck now.

And you base that sweeping statement having been to how many festivals these days?
Login to get fewer ads

Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 22:09 - Aug 9 with 2484 viewsNed_Kennedys

Great documentary and highly recommended.

The narrative for over 20 years had been that the crowd were to blame for the sh*tshow it became but clearly the organisers were the main culprits and are still in denial now. No water and exorbitant prices for food and drink in excessive temperatures were the catalysts for the what it became.
Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 09:44 - Aug 10 with 2338 viewsSonofpugwash

Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 20:41 - Aug 9 by OutWestR

And you base that sweeping statement having been to how many festivals these days?

None.
The lineups suck.
The prices suck
The accomodation sucks.
The journey sucks.
It's a rite of passage thing anyway and my "passage" has had enough rites for a lifetime thank you very much.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 11:06 - Aug 10 with 2290 viewsthame_hoops

Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 18:46 - Aug 9 by qprxtc

Watched it last night.

It all makes me question the sanity of everyone involved. All in the attempt of making a shit load of money off of people trying to get off their tits.

People are insane.

HAHA at the time i loved the lineup. was massivley into Korn, Limp Bizkit, Metallica, RHCP, Alanis Morisette, to name a few. Read about it in Kerrang in the months leading up
Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 12:29 - Aug 10 with 2242 viewsDannyPaddox

Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 18:46 - Aug 9 by qprxtc

Watched it last night.

People are insane.

I thought you’d veered into a description of Charlton Athletic v QPR in the Carabao Cup.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 13:23]
Woodstock 1999 Netflix Documentary (NON QPR) on 15:22 - Aug 10 with 2083 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If you like that you'd probably like this:

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81035279
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024