Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. 20:28 - Oct 13 with 33580 viewsMick_S

Come on my team.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2022 20:34]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 09:08 - Oct 16 with 918 viewsPunteR

I thought Paal wasn't at his best either , although it did make me laugh when Luton got a free kick to the left few yards outside our box and Nick London commented about Lutons height and aerial threat and the cross got headed away by Paal the shortlist bloke on the pitch. Tbf it was a shit cross.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:08 - Oct 16 with 687 viewsfrancisbowles

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 08:57 - Oct 16 by stevec

Must admit, a decade on, you don’t see many Port Vales, Doncaster’s or Scunthorpe’s in the Championship these days!

The lesson from the 2011 side is how switched on those players were in general. We lost 6 games all season including a final game we played Danny Shittu as centre forward.

We’ve lost 4 already and we do have an issue with switched off players. You aren’t going to get promoted when on tough days like yesterday you’ve got 2, perhaps 3, who are effectively going through the motions. It’s not that they’re not trying, they’re simply not switched on.

Amos is a very good footballer, he’s got real ability. We get great moments from him, some really good goals last season, box to box ones. That dash and tackle at Sheffield, up in a split second and lays a goal on a plate to our forward(s), I’ll stop there. He’s capable of being a top player. But time and time again, when given his chance, he just switches off and disappears from the game. It’s hugely damaging and is why we fall short over a season.

I’m not sure if it was you or someone else who alluded to Helguson and his 13 goals, but the man’s chalk and cheese between then and what we’ve got now. He was constantly switched on and a huge asset aside of his goals.

I can forgive Chair the odd game, the man’s constantly switched on. Likewise Field. Our first choice back four are pretty much always switched on. The problem is you can’t go 9 v 11 in games like yesterday.

Yes but Helgusson was very ineffective for us for a long time, we even loaned him out at one stage. He only got going when Warnock arrived.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024