Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. 20:28 - Oct 13 with 34638 viewsMick_S

Come on my team.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2022 20:34]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:39 - Oct 15 with 2009 viewsPunteR

Be interesting to see how we bounce back from this. Better to get performances like today out the way now rather then the second half of the season when momentum is key.
Just wasnt our day. They were more up for it snapping into every tackle and we just looked too lacklustre.
Hope Dunne injury isn't too serious and Belagum. We missed the quality of Laird and Willock today.
Balagum was a massive loss. Needed big strong imposing players and we just didn't have it today.
I had a feeling this one wasn't gonna go our way.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:40 - Oct 15 with 1990 viewsTHEBUSH

Thought our defence let us down today, it was all over the place.

Dont think they were playing as a unit, as we have done in the past few games.

Still up to today, we had a very decent record, so aint worried, MB will sort it out.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:40 - Oct 15 with 1991 viewstraininvain

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:31 - Oct 15 by Damo1962

I understand plenty about football. Dykes is our main striker, and one who cost us a lot. He wasn't to blame for today, but long term he can't be relied on. The others who Hunter mentioned, sound like players who just can't hack this league. Why wasn't Dozzell given a run today instead of that Villa loanee. Chair is simply not the same player without Willock either. Surprised the defence was so easily breached today though. Laird a big loss.

To be fair to Beale, the villa loanee made his case to start today with his second half performance vs Reading. Motm according to many on here so I can see why he started today ahead of Dozzell. Whether he’ll get the nod on Wednesday is another matter.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:40 - Oct 15 with 1983 viewsPinnerPaul

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:09 - Oct 15 by QPunkR

How the fk does Beale keep picking that Villa loanee?? He's fkn abysmal

Won us the last game?
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:42 - Oct 15 with 1951 viewsPinnerPaul

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:11 - Oct 15 by Toast_R

Hate to say it but here's the reality check.

The reality is the league table and we're doing well.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:42 - Oct 15 with 1947 viewstraininvain

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:40 - Oct 15 by PinnerPaul

Won us the last game?

Yep. Quickly forgotten it would seem.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:44 - Oct 15 with 1915 viewsPinnerPaul

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:14 - Oct 15 by Damo1962

At least we won't have to worry about MB being poached after this. The injuries are starting to piss me off though. Our players need to eat more Weetabix.

ONE game!

Not sure how many Weetabix stop Dieng clattering into Dunne!
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:45 - Oct 15 with 1889 viewsDiscodroids

Horrible afternoon watching us get beat up like that. A Real vexation befell me watching us getting a dry slap all game from their charged up Team.

It made no odds to the result but it was good of the ref to give Luton unlimited time to take every throw in or Free Kick all game. Every time they had a thrown in i had time to nip off to the garden shed and craft up a tulip wood backgammon set from base materials.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Login to get fewer ads

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:47 - Oct 15 with 1837 viewsRs_Holy

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:37 - Oct 15 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I find it bizarre that so called fans after probably the first poor display of the season, start to call out certain players. Dykes was offered zero service all game, so how it is his fault is beyond me! Maybe they just dont understand the game. We know Kakay is not as good as Laird, but it's what we have.
Bad team performance, Luton played well, end of. The midfield was out muscled and as everyone knows, games are won and lost in the midfield area.
Roll on next two home games where I expect we will come roaring back. U Rs!

I blame the Fans Forum… always signals a bad run of form
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:51 - Oct 15 with 1760 viewsPunteR

Yeh I think in hindsight it was a mistake to play Tim today. Got smashed about and he made a lot of mistakes. Young player developing in the school of hard knocks at kennelworth Road.
Field wasn't great either. Or Amos.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:53 - Oct 15 with 1712 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The good thing is we have two winnable home games this week. Six points and the goblin will be forgotten.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:53 - Oct 15 with 1714 viewsbosh67

Felt like we didn’t have enough passing ability on the pitch today.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:53 - Oct 15 with 1713 viewsPinnerPaul

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:38 - Oct 15 by longbottom

Slow and ponderous being the key to today’s performance. We move on.

Agree there.

Don't agree with those disparaging remarks about Luton's football either. They were quicker and advanced into dangerous areas much better than us today.

Couldn't believe Andy and Nick saying we weren't used to playing against 2 big men up front, no the last time must have been erm.....our last match v Reading! who were much. much more direct than Luton.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:53 - Oct 15 with 1710 viewsQPunkR

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:40 - Oct 15 by PinnerPaul

Won us the last game?

One performance slightly less poor than all his others. I wouldn't say he won us the game either

QPR - "shit but local"

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:55 - Oct 15 with 1679 viewsjohann28

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:51 - Oct 15 by PunteR

Yeh I think in hindsight it was a mistake to play Tim today. Got smashed about and he made a lot of mistakes. Young player developing in the school of hard knocks at kennelworth Road.
Field wasn't great either. Or Amos.

"Thanks for the day out, now run me a bath"
[Post edited 15 Oct 2022 14:58]
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:59 - Oct 15 with 1619 viewsPinnerPaul

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:53 - Oct 15 by QPunkR

One performance slightly less poor than all his others. I wouldn't say he won us the game either

Well even ignoring the pretty obvious fact he won the penalty for the winning goal, most people on here agreed that his performance, OK coupled with the change in formation, won us the match v Reading.

A big part of that formation change was Tim dropping deeper and driving at the Reading defence, as he did countless times in that last 20'

Its all opinions but I'm sticking with he won us the game.

Poor today I agree, but there isn't one Championship player who doesn't have off days.

To cast him aside after one poor game seems a tad premature to me.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:59 - Oct 15 with 1611 viewsMick_S

Not anywhere near our best today, Luton got the very important second goal and deserved the three points. Onwards and upwards for us. We’ll be ok.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:01 - Oct 15 with 1576 viewsstevec

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:37 - Oct 15 by Antti_Heinola

Funny.
Exact opposite was being said about the team at sheff u / bristol.
It’s almost like things are more complex than ‘this lot have no stomach’ innit?

Poor sore today, but this is football. sometimes think we have fans who would have the hump if we won 45 out of 46, because of the one loss.

I suppose I was coming from the angle earlier this week on here when it was suggested this is a better side than 2011, which it isn’t.

Without Taraabt we were still able to grind out results far better than we do without Willock.

There were probably 3 players who didn’t show up today (not Kakay or Dykes in case you were wondering) and that can’t happen if we are serious about a top six spot.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:03 - Oct 15 with 1533 viewsNorthantsHoop

Whereas our midfield has been our strength this season, a little bit light today,also Balagon at right back a bit of a risk and so it proved. Let's be honest 5 games unbeaten on the trot pretty good, with 3 great away wins, onto Cardiff in Wednesday, all about fortress Loftus Road.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:04 - Oct 15 with 1531 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT AND LOOKING AHEAD
Luton 3 QPR 1
Ok — this hurts — especially losing to an improving and surely a promotion chasing Luton.
Did we deserve anything? Not really.
We could not contain such a physical side — especially Adebayo and Morris up front and also Lansbury.
Luton disjointed our play with non-stop fouls especially from those three mentioned.
But no excuses — we have to overcome these problems.
As Andy Sinton said “this is just a bump in the road”.
And there’ll be a few bumps on our players after this — physical and mental.
Did we have chances — well plenty of half chances apart from Clarke-Salter striking the crossbar from close range in the second half.
Roberts, Dunne, Dykes, Chair and Richards all had opportunities.
It was good to see Richards come on late in the second half.
That’s a major plus.
The Balogun injury within seconds of the start — before he was replaced a few minutes later by Kakay - was a disruption.
And it did need Jojo, a 62nd minute sub, to improve our play.
By that time we had conceded the first goal in the 18th minute to Adebayo when Seny missed the ball from a by-line cross.
And we should have been 2-0 down when Adebayo hit the post before HT.
But after the break Jojo’s calming influence was very noticeable.
We did play some smart football but could not really create a golden chance — apart from Clarke-Salter’s opportunity.
We were always chasing the game.
So when Tim’s poor pass was intercepted 13 minutes from time - Dunne went in to recover the situation with Seny running out — and there it was - a Dunne own goal - 2-0 down.
A Dickie header found the target with seconds left to halve the arrears although Luton goalkeeper Horvath might be awarded the goal before our ex-QPR Freeman made it 3-1 just before the whistle.
We have to learn from this defeat and Mick Beale is the one to do it.
Indeed the UK Government could take a few hints on how to run the country from Beale.
He’s clear in his thinking — he’s decisive but gentle and he’s got a workable plan.
And it won’t be disrupted by this setback.
He encourages everybody, gives confidence to players and it looks like everyone at QPR lock in to what he brings to the table.
It seems he’s able to connect to all parts of the club that perhaps was never done before.
OK QPR were a basket case for several years and being in Government is in a different stratosphere — so much more difficult.
But the pleasure Beale has brought to the club in this first third of the season is immense.
And that’s despite this defeat.
The club is seemingly better run than in recent years — despite our financial restrictions.
And the owners — still pumping in huge money — are a credit for sticking with us.
Yes of course it could all fall apart but we surely are on the right track.
Watching Beale on the QPR Fans Forum this week was a joy to listen to.
He keeps topics simple but incisive.
So our three successive wins come to an end.
However it’s still 6 wins and a draw from our last 9 matches.
That’s still impressive.
And we will remain in the play-off positions when this Saturday is completed.
We now have 24 points from 14 games — still three ahead of our 21 from 14 last season.
And continuing our fantasy - we have 7 more matches before the 4-week World Cup break.
That follows our match at Coventry on November 12.
By that time we would have played 21 Championship matches.
Last year we had 35 points at that stage.
That means we need another 11 points from those 7 matches to just equal that tally.
We surely will be well ahead of that total by the time the World Cup arrives.
Our next two games are at home — this Wednesday October 19 against Cardiff then next Saturday we play Wigan.
Hopefully we will be able to cash in.
Six points from those two games is definitely ON.
So although a disappointing day — we are still well on course for maybe a top 6 finish.
This defeat is just “a bump in the road?”
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:04 - Oct 15 with 1522 viewsdavman

So Tim gets the scapegoat of the game this week - a bit harsh methinks.

Lots wrong today, the press that absolutely killed Bristol City was not there, the midfield incredibly lightweight compared to Campbell and Lansbury - a-holes to play against, nasty, Knurly men that our boys didn't stand up to today.

Balogun at RB was a bit of a surprise and the early foul on him was the sort of thing you'd expect from a Nathan Jones team - nasty, unnecessary, cheating, but why the hell not when we all know that the weak as pss EFL referees will do nothing whatsoever. Similar Abebayo on Dieng - "innocent" little nudges that could cause someone to fall awkwardly and be out for 4-5 weeks. They got away with it because they were allowed to - we are still too honest - a little bit of nastiness would go a long way with this team...

No real complaints though; we got what we deserved. Gave the ball away for fun trying to play out from the back; defenders giving midfielders hospital balls with nowhere to go to and the ball not sticking that well up top (although I think Dykes did alright today).

Let's hope this is just a little blip...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:04 - Oct 15 with 1516 viewsBklynRanger

NM
[Post edited 15 Oct 2022 15:05]
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:06 - Oct 15 with 1507 viewsHarbour

Cardiff Wednesday fingers x for injured players.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:06 - Oct 15 with 3137 viewsBklynRanger

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:33 - Oct 15 by BklynRanger

He did a bit of fist pumping and air pounding at the home end, fair enough. But he then had some form of jubilant seizure for several seconds in front of the main stand.

Looked like Kelly Brooke had just texted back and finally agreed to put him in a figure 4 leglock later this evening followed by a nice bubble bath and a candlelit biryani.

Just for balance, I'm watching Jones's post match interview and he is pretty fair and complimentary about us to be honest.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:07 - Oct 15 with 3107 viewsDamo1962

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:53 - Oct 15 by PinnerPaul

Agree there.

Don't agree with those disparaging remarks about Luton's football either. They were quicker and advanced into dangerous areas much better than us today.

Couldn't believe Andy and Nick saying we weren't used to playing against 2 big men up front, no the last time must have been erm.....our last match v Reading! who were much. much more direct than Luton.

Agree. As much as I detest them, they must have done something right to make us look so ordinary today. Will be one of the main challenger's for a top six place for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024