Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. 20:28 - Oct 13 with 34639 viewsMick_S

Come on my team.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2022 20:34]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:11 - Oct 15 with 3066 viewsDamo1962

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:01 - Oct 15 by stevec

I suppose I was coming from the angle earlier this week on here when it was suggested this is a better side than 2011, which it isn’t.

Without Taraabt we were still able to grind out results far better than we do without Willock.

There were probably 3 players who didn’t show up today (not Kakay or Dykes in case you were wondering) and that can’t happen if we are serious about a top six spot.

Totally agree with this. Don't know why so many get their "knickers in a twist"on here, when people point out weaknesses in the team/ squad. It doesn't mean they haven't done brilliantly so far this season - as will hopefully proved in the next two games.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:12 - Oct 15 with 3077 viewsTacticalR

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 14:53 - Oct 15 by PinnerPaul

Agree there.

Don't agree with those disparaging remarks about Luton's football either. They were quicker and advanced into dangerous areas much better than us today.

Couldn't believe Andy and Nick saying we weren't used to playing against 2 big men up front, no the last time must have been erm.....our last match v Reading! who were much. much more direct than Luton.

I was going to say we always have problems with these 'up and at 'em' sides (like Barnsley), but Luton did play well at times (when not fouling) and have some good players like Jordan Clark.

Air hostess clique

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:34 - Oct 15 with 2826 viewsCamberleyR

Luton were clearly up for it and won their cup final. We take it on the chin and move on.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:46 - Oct 15 with 2747 viewskernowhoop

It may cool somewhat the rumoured interest in our manager from the direction of Wolverhampton.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:55 - Oct 15 with 2664 viewsDamo1962

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:46 - Oct 15 by kernowhoop

It may cool somewhat the rumoured interest in our manager from the direction of Wolverhampton.

I think Beale is too level-headed to start taking any notice of "alleged" interest from Prem clubs. He has a job to do at QPR, and I expect him to see it through. He has only been a manager for a few months after all.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:56 - Oct 15 with 2662 viewsManinBlack

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:12 - Oct 15 by TacticalR

I was going to say we always have problems with these 'up and at 'em' sides (like Barnsley), but Luton did play well at times (when not fouling) and have some good players like Jordan Clark.

Yes very true. If teams play league 1 style against us then it usually roughs us up. We have seen how direct Rotherham, Barnsley, Peterborough play against us and they tend to beat us by more than one goal. One of the reasons why lower league teams knock us out of cups with such regularity.

Whatever we think of Jones, he is a good coach and very tactically aware and would have got his team up for this. I feared the worst once Willock was going to be out as it gave them a big boost and, like QPR, they do play better against teams at the top. I'm sure Jones and the players were not wanting us going top on their patch, knowing what their fans think of us, and the team talk was easy.

I can understand the disappointed reactions on here as many R's feel the rivalry with Luton and don't want to lose to them. However, law of averages dictate they had to beat us at some point. Luton were in the play offs chase with us last season and have been on an upward trajectory the past decade so they are serious contenders again and are six unbeaten.

For those who think we can brush aside Cardiff and Wigan at home it won't be easy without Willock and Laird as it takes away attacking options. I read somewhere that Wigan have one of the best away records in the Championship this season so if they resort to league 1 muscle and closing down then we might struggle. I see Wigan currently lead at half time away to Sunderland...
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 16:05 - Oct 15 with 2599 viewsBklynRanger

Think Laird will be back for Cardiff. Beale was talking about whether to give him a bit more time and play him on Wednesday and Saturday, or the two Saturdays, so it was more about fitness permutations than him not being able to make it.

I really like Ossie and thought he was fine today - put a couple of really good crosses in in the first half. But I think it's also fair to say that Laird is closer to this crop's Kyle Walker in terms of the quality he has and the shits he puts up opposition defenders.

An uncomfortable loss but the JFH 'we move on' really does seem like the right comment at this point.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2022 16:07]
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 16:07 - Oct 15 with 2586 viewsDieByYourSide

Well, no complaints.

That f*cking ground man. A total sh*thole but their biggest strength - they’ve had a brilliant record there for years as I recall. Will be interesting to see how they fare at home once they move to a modern ground.

Just bombs going off in the middle of the park all the time, if you do manage to get it on the half turn and get round the three men instantly swarming you then a fourth one clatters into you for the foul.

Fair play, they use it to their advantage and force errors from you for the second and third goals and we couldn’t deal with it today - granted with two of our best players out in Willock and Laird.

In hindsight perhaps not one for Tim, or the Yaya Toure regen as some very overexcited people were calling him on Twitter post-Reading (where, er, he actually did the exact same thing as today giving the ball away leading to a goal).

Positives: Kakay’s crossing club bearing some fruit with a few threatening deliveries, JCS looking good, and Richards showed positive flashes when he came on.

Draw a line under it, hope Dunne and Balogun are ok, and look for maximum points from Cardiff and Wigan. COYRS.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2022 16:10]

Poll: And it's hi ho

Login to get fewer ads

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 16:45 - Oct 15 with 2370 viewsMalintabuk

Just back to my brothers and as always try not to post directly after a defeat as it is always raw
But have to be honest Luton were superb today and deserved the win
Think their physicality was far too much for us our midfield which, apart from Field, was very lightweight .
Amos was totally out muscled and Tim was a novice which he is against men.... and that is one area where we lost out
Another area for me was losing Balogun so early. It is no coincidence that since he started to play we have looked so solid, him going off so early was telling for me
The front 3 were truly poor. Chair can be so influential, and like today so frustrating. So often he just tries to stay on his right foot and loses the momentum. Roberts was poor and this is not his first game where he as been poor. Of the front 3 Dykes was perhaps the least worse, but in all honesty he was still ineffective
The difference between him and Adebayo was stark. He is a very good CF
So after 3 great performances a bit humbling that. I said before the game I was disappointed that Armstrong was not on the bench, and today I think his directness and strength would have caused Luton more problems. Strange choice of leaving the captain out from the beginning and leaving the midfield light, perhaps a mistake by Beale.
Must regroup for Wednesday... and hopefully a hiccup
A real worry is Dunne I thibk we will miss his presence
MOTM for me was Clarke Slater and that is on the back of not how good he was, just on how not so bad
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 16:55 - Oct 15 with 2318 viewsBklynRanger

Swansea were the only team I think with a better record than us in recent games and just lost 4-0
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 17:03 - Oct 15 with 2269 viewsstevec

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 16:55 - Oct 15 by BklynRanger

Swansea were the only team I think with a better record than us in recent games and just lost 4-0

Seems all Sheffield United games at home will be 99 minutes this season, especially if they’re losing
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 18:06 - Oct 15 with 2049 viewsParkRoyalR

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 16:45 - Oct 15 by Malintabuk

Just back to my brothers and as always try not to post directly after a defeat as it is always raw
But have to be honest Luton were superb today and deserved the win
Think their physicality was far too much for us our midfield which, apart from Field, was very lightweight .
Amos was totally out muscled and Tim was a novice which he is against men.... and that is one area where we lost out
Another area for me was losing Balogun so early. It is no coincidence that since he started to play we have looked so solid, him going off so early was telling for me
The front 3 were truly poor. Chair can be so influential, and like today so frustrating. So often he just tries to stay on his right foot and loses the momentum. Roberts was poor and this is not his first game where he as been poor. Of the front 3 Dykes was perhaps the least worse, but in all honesty he was still ineffective
The difference between him and Adebayo was stark. He is a very good CF
So after 3 great performances a bit humbling that. I said before the game I was disappointed that Armstrong was not on the bench, and today I think his directness and strength would have caused Luton more problems. Strange choice of leaving the captain out from the beginning and leaving the midfield light, perhaps a mistake by Beale.
Must regroup for Wednesday... and hopefully a hiccup
A real worry is Dunne I thibk we will miss his presence
MOTM for me was Clarke Slater and that is on the back of not how good he was, just on how not so bad

I saw it slightly differently and thought Clarke Salter was poor, ball-watching for their 1st goal, not physical enough, too often playing easy pass to Paal and just not being brave and bringing the ball out as a player of his ability should be.

I thought Tim + Dunne did their jobs the best today although Adebayo's height was a challenge, if not his footballing ability.

Willock a big miss, as will Dunne be, but we get an equaliser when dominating possession 2nd Half and it's a different game. Chair worked his socks off but took too many touches and Roberts was poor all game and never showed that he wanted it enough.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 18:36 - Oct 15 with 1927 viewsNorthantsHoop

I went to Luton with high hopes of a victory, but they out muscled us. A bit disappointed in Beale's choice in midfield today, Johansen should have started and Kakay as well on the right. We just looked a bit lightweight all round and Luton deserved their win. I still wonder why we can't buy a player like Adebayo who I really rate as a CF.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 18:46 - Oct 15 with 1871 viewsdigswellhoop

We wre allways 2nd best position means nothong ball in net does
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 19:00 - Oct 15 with 1820 viewsbenhurst

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-in-lot-of-pain-beale-hoping-for-goo

Beale: "We are hopeful it (Dunne’s leg) is not broken and hoping it is just a contact injury, but Jimmy is in a lot of pain, so fingers crossed on that one"

Doesn't sound good
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 19:23 - Oct 15 with 1692 viewsAntti_Heinola

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:01 - Oct 15 by stevec

I suppose I was coming from the angle earlier this week on here when it was suggested this is a better side than 2011, which it isn’t.

Without Taraabt we were still able to grind out results far better than we do without Willock.

There were probably 3 players who didn’t show up today (not Kakay or Dykes in case you were wondering) and that can’t happen if we are serious about a top six spot.

Anyone saying this side is better than that one is being silly. Even if it were to be true, we certainly wouldn't know for ages...
But Taarabt in 2010/11? He played almost every game, so not a fair comparison, but without him, we lost 3, won 1 (just, against a very poor side in an awful game), and the other one he didn't start in, v Leeds, we also lost. That team was fantastic, but was far, far more reliant on AT than Willock now.

1-3 v Port Vale
0-1 v Blackburn
1-0 v Doncaster
1-4 v Scunthorpe

Bare bones.

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 19:29 - Oct 15 with 1664 viewsaston_hoop

Luton were good today. They're not really a good footballing side as such, they're really really good at making sure nobody else is allowed to be a good footballing side though. They bullied us and controlled the game. Hopefully a lesson learned and onto 2 home games against weaker opposition. The top of the league is one big old mess, all part of the fun right?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 19:30 - Oct 15 with 1656 viewsWatford_Ranger

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 19:23 - Oct 15 by Antti_Heinola

Anyone saying this side is better than that one is being silly. Even if it were to be true, we certainly wouldn't know for ages...
But Taarabt in 2010/11? He played almost every game, so not a fair comparison, but without him, we lost 3, won 1 (just, against a very poor side in an awful game), and the other one he didn't start in, v Leeds, we also lost. That team was fantastic, but was far, far more reliant on AT than Willock now.

1-3 v Port Vale
0-1 v Blackburn
1-0 v Doncaster
1-4 v Scunthorpe

Oh for a Helguson up front. Would have buried the chance Dykes had in the first half 99 times out of 100.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 19:37 - Oct 15 with 1623 viewsCamberleyR

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 18:36 - Oct 15 by NorthantsHoop

I went to Luton with high hopes of a victory, but they out muscled us. A bit disappointed in Beale's choice in midfield today, Johansen should have started and Kakay as well on the right. We just looked a bit lightweight all round and Luton deserved their win. I still wonder why we can't buy a player like Adebayo who I really rate as a CF.

" I still wonder why we can't buy a player like Adebayo who I really rate as a CF. "

One area we need to up our game in, scouting the lower leagues for the best talent.

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 19:39 - Oct 15 with 1609 viewsthemodfather

always gutted when we lose to rivals, but i am happy to move on, long season with a fkucing stupid world cup in november , then fa cup added to an already congested season.
still top 6 , take that.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 19:53 - Oct 15 with 1558 viewsManinBlack

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 19:37 - Oct 15 by CamberleyR

" I still wonder why we can't buy a player like Adebayo who I really rate as a CF. "

One area we need to up our game in, scouting the lower leagues for the best talent.

Yes Toney moved from Peterborough to Brentford and has got over 50 goals for them, including three hat tricks and a penalty conversion rate of 20 out of 20. Which shows their scouts are good at finding these strikers but I think the problem is Toney cost £10 million and we don't have the money to raid league 1 clubs.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 20:50 - Oct 15 with 1414 viewsCamberleyR

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 19:53 - Oct 15 by ManinBlack

Yes Toney moved from Peterborough to Brentford and has got over 50 goals for them, including three hat tricks and a penalty conversion rate of 20 out of 20. Which shows their scouts are good at finding these strikers but I think the problem is Toney cost £10 million and we don't have the money to raid league 1 clubs.

We don't but Brentford have been good at this for years. The reason they were able to sign Toney (I believe the fee was only £5m upfront + £5m potential add ons btw) was because the year before they'd got £20m for Maupay who they'd picked up a couple of years previously for about £1.5m who in turn had replaced Hogan who they made a fat profit on.

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 08:57 - Oct 16 with 1023 viewsstevec

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 19:23 - Oct 15 by Antti_Heinola

1-3 v Port Vale
0-1 v Blackburn
1-0 v Doncaster
1-4 v Scunthorpe

Must admit, a decade on, you don’t see many Port Vales, Doncaster’s or Scunthorpe’s in the Championship these days!

The lesson from the 2011 side is how switched on those players were in general. We lost 6 games all season including a final game we played Danny Shittu as centre forward.

We’ve lost 4 already and we do have an issue with switched off players. You aren’t going to get promoted when on tough days like yesterday you’ve got 2, perhaps 3, who are effectively going through the motions. It’s not that they’re not trying, they’re simply not switched on.

Amos is a very good footballer, he’s got real ability. We get great moments from him, some really good goals last season, box to box ones. That dash and tackle at Sheffield, up in a split second and lays a goal on a plate to our forward(s), I’ll stop there. He’s capable of being a top player. But time and time again, when given his chance, he just switches off and disappears from the game. It’s hugely damaging and is why we fall short over a season.

I’m not sure if it was you or someone else who alluded to Helguson and his 13 goals, but the man’s chalk and cheese between then and what we’ve got now. He was constantly switched on and a huge asset aside of his goals.

I can forgive Chair the odd game, the man’s constantly switched on. Likewise Field. Our first choice back four are pretty much always switched on. The problem is you can’t go 9 v 11 in games like yesterday.
Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 09:08 - Oct 16 with 958 viewsPunteR

I thought Paal wasn't at his best either , although it did make me laugh when Luton got a free kick to the left few yards outside our box and Nick London commented about Lutons height and aerial threat and the cross got headed away by Paal the shortlist bloke on the pitch. Tbf it was a shit cross.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 15:08 - Oct 16 with 727 viewsfrancisbowles

Easy Jet United v Queens Park Rangers match thread. on 08:57 - Oct 16 by stevec

Must admit, a decade on, you don’t see many Port Vales, Doncaster’s or Scunthorpe’s in the Championship these days!

The lesson from the 2011 side is how switched on those players were in general. We lost 6 games all season including a final game we played Danny Shittu as centre forward.

We’ve lost 4 already and we do have an issue with switched off players. You aren’t going to get promoted when on tough days like yesterday you’ve got 2, perhaps 3, who are effectively going through the motions. It’s not that they’re not trying, they’re simply not switched on.

Amos is a very good footballer, he’s got real ability. We get great moments from him, some really good goals last season, box to box ones. That dash and tackle at Sheffield, up in a split second and lays a goal on a plate to our forward(s), I’ll stop there. He’s capable of being a top player. But time and time again, when given his chance, he just switches off and disappears from the game. It’s hugely damaging and is why we fall short over a season.

I’m not sure if it was you or someone else who alluded to Helguson and his 13 goals, but the man’s chalk and cheese between then and what we’ve got now. He was constantly switched on and a huge asset aside of his goals.

I can forgive Chair the odd game, the man’s constantly switched on. Likewise Field. Our first choice back four are pretty much always switched on. The problem is you can’t go 9 v 11 in games like yesterday.

Yes but Helgusson was very ineffective for us for a long time, we even loaned him out at one stage. He only got going when Warnock arrived.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024