Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Chair play deeper when Willock is not playing 10:32 - Oct 16 with 2326 viewsOakR

I'm not sure if I am seeing things, but does Chair tend to play much deeper when Willock is not playing? My feeling is he ends up picking the ball up much deeper and spends less time where you'd ideally want him, though I remember Beale saying early on he thought he could play him differently.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Does Chair play deeper when Willock is not playing on 10:54 - Oct 16 with 2280 viewsozexile

You must have read my mind. He was dropping way too deep. I think it's a combination of missing Willock and the captaincy. We definitely need him up higher. We've got numerous players can play that deep role.
Does Chair play deeper when Willock is not playing on 15:54 - Oct 16 with 2157 viewsOakR

Does Chair play deeper when Willock is not playing on 10:54 - Oct 16 by ozexile

You must have read my mind. He was dropping way too deep. I think it's a combination of missing Willock and the captaincy. We definitely need him up higher. We've got numerous players can play that deep role.

I'm not sure if there is less space than when Willock plays, so there is more focus on marking Chair (which would make sense), or he is trying to influence things more from deeper sometimes.

Not basing it all on yesterday which was just one of those days. Be interesting to see how it plays out for the next few weeks, and see if Beale changes anything (or maybe has asked him to do it).

Poll: Will we stay up?

Does Chair play deeper when Willock is not playing on 18:46 - Oct 16 with 2083 viewsTacticalR

I think we can all agree that it's not a good sign when Chair is coming deep to get the ball.

The question is: is this cause or effect? I would say it's effect (of us not playing well), rather than cause. Consequently Chair goes deep to try to get into the game.

In answer to the op, Chair needs someone on his wavelength to ping the ball off, whether Willock or Eze. Paal he tends to use for the overlaps rather than pinging his way out of a tight spot.

Air hostess clique

Does Chair play deeper when Willock is not playing on 21:44 - Oct 16 with 1981 viewsbosh67

I don't think he does. He's only 5 foot 3. If he played any deeper there wouldn't be much for him left?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Does Chair play deeper when Willock is not playing on 22:22 - Oct 16 with 1959 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Also Johansen and Laird not playing might have contributed to this. It was a tough game all around.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024