Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another WC on the go 14:07 - Oct 17 with 1492 viewsMalintabuk

Managed to watch the England v Pakistan T20 warm up match today as off this week and OK it was a pretty lacklustre Pakistan side but, this must be England's to loose...how often have we said that!!
I was thinking where do you fit players in, batting my first 6 would be
Buttler, Hales? Stokes, Livingstone, Brook and Ali

All rounders
Curran, Woakes

Bowlers
Rashid, Jordan and Wood

That means you leave out players like Salt, Malan, Willey. Topley, we do have some team this year
My only concern is Buttler as captain/opener/WC, think it is too much even for 20 overs cricket, I think I would have gone for Ali as captain. We have obviously brought Hales back in to open, but I would rather have Salt opening
Another WC on the go on 14:18 - Oct 17 with 1450 viewsR_from_afar

I think it will be a pretty tough tournament to win but we must have a good chance of at least getting to the semis.

That said, there have been two upsets already, with comfortable wins for Namibia (against Sri Lanka) and Scotland (against W Indies), and if things start going wrong in a T20 match, everything can unravel pretty quickly.

I love this tournament, though, probably my favourite sporting event of all, except for play-off/cup finals involving Rangers.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Another WC on the go on 14:29 - Oct 17 with 1414 viewsthame_hoops

I’m imagine malan makes it ahead of Brook. Not every score you chase is 190+ so I think malan adds a bit more steel… but great to have Brook as backup

Edit- need room for Topley too… and Woakes… good depth we have
[Post edited 17 Oct 2022 14:35]
Another WC on the go on 16:36 - Oct 17 with 1309 viewsMalintabuk

Another WC on the go on 14:29 - Oct 17 by thame_hoops

I’m imagine malan makes it ahead of Brook. Not every score you chase is 190+ so I think malan adds a bit more steel… but great to have Brook as backup

Edit- need room for Topley too… and Woakes… good depth we have
[Post edited 17 Oct 2022 14:35]

Seems England want Stokes at 3... be a brave man Mott but I would not be playing Stokes and play Malan.... but can't see that happening
I rather have Stokes purely for the test side.
Another WC on the go on 14:13 - Nov 1 with 1072 viewsR_from_afar

A bit of a random comment really but Bangladesh v Zimbabwe was a cracking game

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024