Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL verdict in full 17:18 - Oct 20 with 20620 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

EFL verdict in full on 00:49 - Oct 26 with 3383 viewsSandyman

EFL verdict in full on 21:53 - Oct 25 by R17ALE

Anyone who was present at the infamous June 1st EGM will have been horrified at his performance.

IMHO he is more slippery than Rod Hull's roof.

Not to be trusted at all.

I get that, but those meetings were impossible to Chair by anybody given the surrounding, unusual madness of board resolutions being withdrawn due to shareholder pressure and 2 directors (quite rightly) given the boot by democratic votes. It was panic stations and I felt the Chair that night did the best he could under those circumstances being fair. Difficult questions were sort of answered after long conversations between "so-called" custodians of the club and their legal team but were insufficient. That is when the power base shifted from the boardroom to the shareholders and paved the way for us to be fan owned. The same legal team have done the club proud fighting the horrendous legal battles in the days since 1st June 2021.

4 people from the top table that night have, thankfully, exited RAFC. David Bottomley has a 2 year ban from EFL football. The club is in safe hands. The Chair of those meetings of 1st June 2021 didn't sell out like so-called custodian David Bottomley and so-called custodian Graham Rawlinson did.

We all have our opinions and we've stood strong to keep the club from sharks despite our differing opinions, for the good of the club. Club First has been the mantra and as a fanbase, we've won sticking by Club First. UTDNFS. Be bloody proud for what we have all done in so many different ways. That we are safe vis-a-vis ownership and the nefarious (the evidence is there before he wants this post pulled) David Bottomley is gone and shamed forever will do for now.

But we will always be watching. Closely. Not to be nasty or personal, but for the interests of RAFC and it's fans. Club First.

UP THE DALE
EFL verdict in full on 07:20 - Oct 26 with 3216 viewsTalkingSutty

EFL verdict in full on 00:49 - Oct 26 by Sandyman

I get that, but those meetings were impossible to Chair by anybody given the surrounding, unusual madness of board resolutions being withdrawn due to shareholder pressure and 2 directors (quite rightly) given the boot by democratic votes. It was panic stations and I felt the Chair that night did the best he could under those circumstances being fair. Difficult questions were sort of answered after long conversations between "so-called" custodians of the club and their legal team but were insufficient. That is when the power base shifted from the boardroom to the shareholders and paved the way for us to be fan owned. The same legal team have done the club proud fighting the horrendous legal battles in the days since 1st June 2021.

4 people from the top table that night have, thankfully, exited RAFC. David Bottomley has a 2 year ban from EFL football. The club is in safe hands. The Chair of those meetings of 1st June 2021 didn't sell out like so-called custodian David Bottomley and so-called custodian Graham Rawlinson did.

We all have our opinions and we've stood strong to keep the club from sharks despite our differing opinions, for the good of the club. Club First has been the mantra and as a fanbase, we've won sticking by Club First. UTDNFS. Be bloody proud for what we have all done in so many different ways. That we are safe vis-a-vis ownership and the nefarious (the evidence is there before he wants this post pulled) David Bottomley is gone and shamed forever will do for now.

But we will always be watching. Closely. Not to be nasty or personal, but for the interests of RAFC and it's fans. Club First.

UP THE DALE

Agree with a lot of that. To be honest at the time of that EGM you could have got rid of every member of the Boardroom for me, i don’t think any of them come out of it smelling of roses, they should all have been charged with neglect of duty. The club was like a listless ship with nobody in the Boardroom looking after it, a acting Chairman and Directors who obviously had a bellyfull of the club for various reasons and had lost their passion and drive for it. It was easier to cash in their shares and hand over the club to others..people with no association with the club whatsoever in this case. All they had to do was speak to the shareholders/ Supporters Trust/ Supporters, hold their hands up and admit that they had run their race, if they had done that all this sorry saga could have been avoided. The biggest disappointment for me is that the acting Chairman, CEO and Directors at the time preferred to sell the club to outsiders rather than to the people who had dedicated their life’s to it..the supporters and shareholders, loyalty obviously counted for nothing in the end.

So Andrew Kelly and Tony Pockney stayed. Kelly did a u-turn in his thinking and came up trumps, he was a man who had other concerns relating to his health and in some ways was left holding the baby, he was weary with it all. He held on to his shares despite coming under terrible pressure and his decision was pivotal in saving the club, full credit to him for that.

I didn’t like Tony Pockneys performance at the EGM and it was uncomfortable to watch.His priority was obviously supporting the CEO, he was very economical with the truth and that’s being kind. I can fully understand those that think he should stand down from his position in the Boardroom because i was one of them but my mind was swayed last week following a brief conversation with a fellow supporter who gave me reasons to soften my stance...Pockney didn’t cash in and sell his shares unlike the others, he withstood a lot of unwelcome pressure to sell, it would have been easier for him to just walk away and less hassle, he was subjected to the subsequently cancelled court proceedings, he will have now invested a lot of money into purchasing new shares, he has therefore shown his long term commitment to the club, he is also somebody who our Chairman knows very well and trusts. That conversation gave me food for thought and a more balanced outlook, he’s had a rough 18 months and still stuck with the club.

Bottomley manipulated people and I would suggest that Tony Pockney was compromised and would have ended up being a lone voice anyway, even if he would have had the courage to stand up and voice his concerns. So weighing everything up i now think TP has proven his commitment to the club since the EGM and should remain as a Director, he will probably flourish working alongside decent people. I appreciate others will have a different opinion though.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2022 7:26]
EFL verdict in full on 08:03 - Oct 26 with 3131 viewsD_Alien

Some powerful posts emerging

I think the last thing any of us would want to do is rock the boat that's been navigated away from the deadliest of rocks

What the EFL 'verdict' has done is bring home some truths about an unpalatable episode in our recent history - not by arriving at any truths itself, but by re-exposing the faultlines that came about after the most successful decade (roughly 2008/18) in our history

We're now into a period of rebuilding, virtually from scratch, but i feel we have the right, solid foundations in place. There's zero appetite for digging for the sake of digging beneath those foundations

As R17 says, we'll be forever watchful. We'd want our children and grandchildren to do the same, for Dale to prevail as we've done against the odds for over a century now

I'll leave it at that. Those who remain, who fight with us, we can forgive, but we must also never forget
[Post edited 26 Oct 2022 8:05]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

EFL verdict in full on 08:24 - Oct 26 with 3082 viewsfitzochris

Mental health has been mentioned very freely through all this. I personally won't forget what damage this saga has done to my own and others I know, and it isn't a trump card to play when cornered. I'll leave that there also.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

EFL verdict in full on 08:35 - Oct 26 with 3059 viewskel

I’ll put my concerns to one side now for the good of the club but I won’t be told what to think.
EFL verdict in full on 11:06 - Oct 26 with 2860 views49thseason

EFL verdict in full on 08:35 - Oct 26 by kel

I’ll put my concerns to one side now for the good of the club but I won’t be told what to think.

Kel, for what its worth, I think that you have probably arrived at the right decision. We can't spend forever dwelling on the past. We all have our own ideas about who did what and why and nothing will change that, but we have to move on at some point.

The club is still in a perilous position, its time to look forwards and start using our brains and energies on better things. The best way to injure those who would have injured us is to become a beacon as a successful, fan-owned club. We need to rub their noses in our successes and leave them to dwell on their treachery.
EFL verdict in full on 16:26 - Oct 26 with 2554 viewsA_Newby

EFL verdict in full on 11:06 - Oct 26 by 49thseason

Kel, for what its worth, I think that you have probably arrived at the right decision. We can't spend forever dwelling on the past. We all have our own ideas about who did what and why and nothing will change that, but we have to move on at some point.

The club is still in a perilous position, its time to look forwards and start using our brains and energies on better things. The best way to injure those who would have injured us is to become a beacon as a successful, fan-owned club. We need to rub their noses in our successes and leave them to dwell on their treachery.

I too would like and still hope to know much more about the decisions and actions of the RAFC board of directors from the time that David Bottomley was invited to join the board onwards (there are so many unanswered questions).

However, I do agree that as a fan base / shareholders we must also put our energy into protecting and developing the club.

So, moving forward, raising new capital for developing the club by issuing more new shares.

I have a couple of suggestions which I do not know if they are possible.

- Season Tickets: - If when season tickets are sold could an option to also purchase say 50 new shares at £100 at the same time be included? Not everyone could afford it but hopefully enough would take it up to help the Dale progress.

- The Dale Trust: - When paying the annual membership fee (£5), could there be an option to add an extra amount for the purchase of more shares by the trust?

The more shares that there are in the hands of the fan shareholders and the trust the safer is the club.
EFL verdict in full on 16:43 - Oct 26 with 2521 viewsjudd

EFL verdict in full on 16:26 - Oct 26 by A_Newby

I too would like and still hope to know much more about the decisions and actions of the RAFC board of directors from the time that David Bottomley was invited to join the board onwards (there are so many unanswered questions).

However, I do agree that as a fan base / shareholders we must also put our energy into protecting and developing the club.

So, moving forward, raising new capital for developing the club by issuing more new shares.

- Season Tickets: - If when season tickets are sold could an option to also purchase say 50 new shares at £100 at the same time be included? Not everyone could afford it but hopefully enough would take it up to help the Dale progress.

- The Dale Trust: - When paying the annual membership fee (£5), could there be an option to add an extra amount for the purchase of more shares by the trust?

The more shares that there are in the hands of the fan shareholders and the trust the safer is the club.

There is currently an option to pay a monthly amount by DD to the Trust for the purchase of shares, or are you thinking of a one-off payment?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

EFL verdict in full on 16:58 - Oct 26 with 2490 viewsA_Newby

EFL verdict in full on 16:43 - Oct 26 by judd

There is currently an option to pay a monthly amount by DD to the Trust for the purchase of shares, or are you thinking of a one-off payment?

Hi Jud,

When I renew with the trust each year I pay the asked for £5 and then add a voluntary £20 donation. If there was also an option for the trust purchasing shares I would stick another £20 into that.
EFL verdict in full on 17:18 - Oct 26 with 2455 viewsHullDale

EFL verdict in full on 16:26 - Oct 26 by A_Newby

There are a couple of options that spring to mind in the short term (the sort of things I'd probably expect the commercial team to be working on)...

- Black (& blue) Friday... release some shares for sale over a limited period (24th Nov to 9th Dec) and add some value as a 'black friday' deal... free shirt / free hospitality / discounted sponsorship... obviously the added value item is on a sliding scale depending on how many shares are purchased.

- YOur Town, YOur Team, YOur Club... some clever marketing play on ho ho ho (any marketing experts out there?) to advertise a share purchase as the perfect Xmas gift for the football fan in your life who is impossible to buy for. Wrap it up in a package in a Dale Xmas stocking, free pie at a game over Xmas, club shop discount voucher and 5 entries into the Xmas raffle.

- January Savings Scheme... start paying £25 a month into the club from January (think supermarket stamps) and then use it in July / August towards shares or your season ticket, or a combo of both. I think you would find a decent amount of people would still pay full whack for their ST and put all of the saved money into share purchase... win win.

At a time when fans and the town have never felt more of a sense of ownership of the club, we need to capitalise on that and make Dale the first choice for people to spend some disposable income - especially at a time of year when people are more into spending and gift giving.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2022 17:20]
EFL verdict in full on 17:26 - Oct 26 with 2433 viewsD_Alien

EFL verdict in full on 17:18 - Oct 26 by HullDale

There are a couple of options that spring to mind in the short term (the sort of things I'd probably expect the commercial team to be working on)...

- Black (& blue) Friday... release some shares for sale over a limited period (24th Nov to 9th Dec) and add some value as a 'black friday' deal... free shirt / free hospitality / discounted sponsorship... obviously the added value item is on a sliding scale depending on how many shares are purchased.

- YOur Town, YOur Team, YOur Club... some clever marketing play on ho ho ho (any marketing experts out there?) to advertise a share purchase as the perfect Xmas gift for the football fan in your life who is impossible to buy for. Wrap it up in a package in a Dale Xmas stocking, free pie at a game over Xmas, club shop discount voucher and 5 entries into the Xmas raffle.

- January Savings Scheme... start paying £25 a month into the club from January (think supermarket stamps) and then use it in July / August towards shares or your season ticket, or a combo of both. I think you would find a decent amount of people would still pay full whack for their ST and put all of the saved money into share purchase... win win.

At a time when fans and the town have never felt more of a sense of ownership of the club, we need to capitalise on that and make Dale the first choice for people to spend some disposable income - especially at a time of year when people are more into spending and gift giving.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2022 17:20]

"Wrap it up in a package in a Dale Xmas stocking..."

Be very careful if buying for 442Dale

EFL verdict in full on 17:35 - Oct 26 with 2414 views442Dale

EFL verdict in full on 17:26 - Oct 26 by D_Alien

"Wrap it up in a package in a Dale Xmas stocking..."

Be very careful if buying for 442Dale

Hang it on my fence.

EFL verdict in full on 18:06 - Oct 26 with 2368 viewsD_Alien

EFL verdict in full on 17:35 - Oct 26 by 442Dale

Hang it on my fence.

Let me know what time he calls round

EFL verdict in full on 22:26 - Oct 26 with 2144 viewsJames1980

On the way the from town to the Railway station, there is an area of disused land which is fenced off. What are the plans for this land? Are there any similar pieces of land in the area and could park and ride schemes be set up for match days?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

EFL verdict in full on 22:36 - Oct 26 with 2119 viewsEllDale

It’s earmarked for housing development I think.
EFL verdict in full on 23:02 - Oct 26 with 2080 viewsJames1980

EFL verdict in full on 22:36 - Oct 26 by EllDale

It’s earmarked for housing development I think.

Hopefully some decent genuinely affordable ones. Just thinking of ways to make life easier for fans going to games.
I wonder how much it would cost to upgrade the ticketing system to one using NFT technology.

EFL verdict in full on 23:24 - Oct 26 with 2045 views442Dale

EFL verdict in full on 23:02 - Oct 26 by James1980

Hopefully some decent genuinely affordable ones. Just thinking of ways to make life easier for fans going to games.
I wonder how much it would cost to upgrade the ticketing system to one using NFT technology.

A turnstile where people can pay cash to the person currently stationed in it (well, there’s one working a turnstile in the Sandy) would make it easier.

Have still seen no valid reason for this not at least being trialled, with the turnstile operator being given X number of pre-printed tickets which can then be scanned and issued to fans.

EFL verdict in full on 00:04 - Oct 27 with 2019 viewsJames1980

EFL verdict in full on 23:24 - Oct 26 by 442Dale

A turnstile where people can pay cash to the person currently stationed in it (well, there’s one working a turnstile in the Sandy) would make it easier.

Have still seen no valid reason for this not at least being trialled, with the turnstile operator being given X number of pre-printed tickets which can then be scanned and issued to fans.

I wonder if there is some contractual reason why that can't be done.

EFL verdict in full on 01:11 - Oct 27 with 1992 viewsSandyman

EFL verdict in full on 00:04 - Oct 27 by James1980

I wonder if there is some contractual reason why that can't be done.

I'm sure the greatest CEO ever (in his own mind) who introduced this ticketing system to the COA will know. Unfortunately David Bottomley has been banned from football for 2 years by the EFL so I guess we'll never know why he landed us with a ticketing system that is not customer friendly and has glitches the excellent office staff have to amend regularly.

Wonder why it was brought in on his watch. Surely personal gain had never entered the equation. Who could even think such a thing of a custodian of the club that is "the love of his life".
EFL verdict in full on 12:29 - Oct 27 with 1686 viewsHullDale

EFL verdict in full on 12:30 - Oct 27 with 1681 viewsHullDale

EFL verdict in full on 18:52 - Oct 27 with 1349 viewsRAFCBLUE

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

EFL verdict in full on 18:53 - Oct 27 with 1344 viewsRAFCBLUE

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

EFL verdict in full on 18:55 - Oct 27 with 1333 viewsRAFCBLUE

Good old Simon Stone:

I bet Simon would like to rewrite this article from October 2021!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58883213

EFL verdict in full on 18:59 - Oct 27 with 1305 viewsRAFCBLUE

And this, from June 2020, like Fat Pat has not aged well.

"Undoubtedly clubs in the EFL, particularly clubs like ours that have played along the line and the rules all these years."

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024