Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How did... 17:36 - Nov 12 with 2787 viewsDamo1962

... Richards do today? He is one we need to step up quickly.
How did... on 17:41 - Nov 12 with 2759 viewsNorthantsHoop

Mediocre like the rest of them except Jimmy Dunne.
How did... on 17:48 - Nov 12 with 2703 viewsMelakaRanger

Poor like most everyone else, Beale included

Can’t fathom out how we can have gone from an adventurous, dangerous team , with most everyone being able to score and at the top of the league, to in just 5 games ago to a rank poor , timid team that can’t even muster an effective attack.

What on earth has gone wrong!
How did... on 17:49 - Nov 12 with 2698 viewsStreathamRanger

Looked the best of the midfield three to me. Not sure where he plays though if everyone is fit.
How did... on 17:54 - Nov 12 with 2665 viewsDamo1962

Thanks everyone. He is coming back from injury...so he deserves a bit of slack. Dozzell on the other hand 🤨
How did... on 17:58 - Nov 12 with 2623 viewsDamo1962

How did... on 17:48 - Nov 12 by MelakaRanger

Can’t fathom out how we can have gone from an adventurous, dangerous team , with most everyone being able to score and at the top of the league, to in just 5 games ago to a rank poor , timid team that can’t even muster an effective attack.

It is perplexing and frustrating in equal measure, how we implode so regularly now. Something isn't right with our club, but I'm at a loss to know what it is. Even when we are winning, it is nearly always by the skin of our teeth. We don't seem to have any presence as a club on or off the pitch anymore.
How did... on 17:59 - Nov 12 with 2620 viewstraininvain

It’s a valid question that you have raised. Up until Wigan at home we were starting games quickly with real intensity, pressing hard from the off and blowing teams out of the water. Even without Chris Willock while he was out injured.

Those fast starts seem a long time ago as we have quickly regressed to the turgid team that ended last season. Passing the ball backwards and completely devoid of creativity going forward. Could’ve played for 24 hours today and wouldn’t have scored.

It feels a bit like ever since the Cardiff game at home and Beale rejecting Wolves that we’ve gone completely off the boil. Difficult to know what’s happened. Perhaps other teams have worked out our game plan and made it more difficult for us to start on the front foot.
How did... on 17:59 - Nov 12 with 2620 viewsDamo1962

How did... on 17:41 - Nov 12 by NorthantsHoop

Mediocre like the rest of them except Jimmy Dunne.

Aye, Jimmy rarely lets you down.
How did... on 18:23 - Nov 12 with 2496 viewsNorthantsHoop

There is something not quite right, maybe the Wolves stuff has stymied progress. Beale has become very indecisive, in the Warburton era he was able to make impact changes from say 60th minute, Beale is not doing this and the team is suffering. Needs to get his act together if he wants to progress himself.
Login to get fewer ads

How did... on 18:41 - Nov 12 with 2415 viewsPaddyhoops

Did ok. Not sure what the point of Dozell is . Very poor.
We looked like a team who knew we were getting nothing today.
Huge travelling support today who got nothing back.
How did... on 19:17 - Nov 12 with 2270 viewsaston_hoop

Had some nice touches. Is young, is raw and is some way away from being consistent. But this is the bit we are good at. Look at what we did with Eze, with Willock, with Chair. We need to keep playing this guy and he'll be some player in a couple of seasons time, I'm certain of that.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

How did... on 20:31 - Nov 12 with 2087 viewsNorthernr

It’s a shame we don’t have a sky blue third kit cos his pass completion wound have been through the ceiling.
How did... on 21:03 - Nov 12 with 1999 viewsNortholt_Rs

How did... on 17:59 - Nov 12 by traininvain

It’s a valid question that you have raised. Up until Wigan at home we were starting games quickly with real intensity, pressing hard from the off and blowing teams out of the water. Even without Chris Willock while he was out injured.

Those fast starts seem a long time ago as we have quickly regressed to the turgid team that ended last season. Passing the ball backwards and completely devoid of creativity going forward. Could’ve played for 24 hours today and wouldn’t have scored.

It feels a bit like ever since the Cardiff game at home and Beale rejecting Wolves that we’ve gone completely off the boil. Difficult to know what’s happened. Perhaps other teams have worked out our game plan and made it more difficult for us to start on the front foot.

I think that’s exactly what’s happened. Clubs have worked out we have no MF and if they stop our FBs bombing forward we are pretty toothless. Lootin, Brum, WBA, HT and Coventry all started at us with a high aggressive press and we have had no counter…. MB needs to come up with a plan B and quick.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

How did... on 21:20 - Nov 12 with 1950 viewskarlski

How did... on 20:31 - Nov 12 by Northernr

It’s a shame we don’t have a sky blue third kit cos his pass completion wound have been through the ceiling.

Whilst not technically wrong, possibly unfair implication? Didn't appear he gave the ball away that much more than most (stats may prove me wrong!), and looked for the forward pass and move a bit more than the others. Not sure whether he's better suited further forward - if he's to play deeper in midfield then he has much to learn on defensive side. But he's ours, he has talent and potential, so I'm excited to see him play more.
How did... on 21:26 - Nov 12 with 1927 viewsjoolsyp

How did... on 21:03 - Nov 12 by Northolt_Rs

I think that’s exactly what’s happened. Clubs have worked out we have no MF and if they stop our FBs bombing forward we are pretty toothless. Lootin, Brum, WBA, HT and Coventry all started at us with a high aggressive press and we have had no counter…. MB needs to come up with a plan B and quick.

Exactly this - other teams have worked us out (we surprised a lot of teams with our new style of play in the first 10 games or so). We don't really have the players to beat a really high press unless Illy drops back into centre midfield. If MB is worth his salt he should be able to work out a Plan B/C. I'd imagine one option would be to go a bit more direct but with Lyndon we don't really have a player who makes runs and holds the ball up well with his back to goal. Priority 1 in the Jan window IMO.
How did... on 21:28 - Nov 12 with 1921 viewsHAYESBOY

I thought he was our best player today. Willock had an off day and Chair was trying hard but nothing coming off for him.
Was encouraged from what I saw today.

Smells like a trout farm in here

How did... on 21:28 - Nov 12 with 1920 viewsDamo1962

How did... on 20:31 - Nov 12 by Northernr

Ouch!
How did... on 21:41 - Nov 12 with 1873 views1JD

How did... on 21:28 - Nov 12 by HAYESBOY

I thought he was our best player today. Willock had an off day and Chair was trying hard but nothing coming off for him.

Agreed.

He started off slow and gave the ball away a few times whilst picking up the pace of the game, but then grew into the game, especially second half and showed good forward play. Especially as most of his team mates were playing backwards and sideways.

Will be very useful for us. Clearly has a lot of talent.

Still only 21 and needs to be given time and patience to get up to the speed and physicality of this league. Fans should remember how the likes of Willock started out with us. Willock was always promising even in his early days but it takes time and games to pull it all together.
How did... on 21:55 - Nov 12 with 1845 viewsbosh67

We have to give Richards time. Like proper time. I predict with no injuries and a consistent run of games we will see a very special player. He potentially has the lot, like Eze. Just needs time to get match minutes.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

How did... on 22:20 - Nov 12 with 1780 viewsAshteadR

How did... on 21:28 - Nov 12 by HAYESBOY

I thought he was our best player too, along with Jimmy Dunne, albeit not a lot of competition
How did... on 22:35 - Nov 12 with 1723 viewsdaveB

needed players around him to move and give him options but still gave thew ball away too often. As others have said apart from Dunne no one played well
How did... on 01:25 - Nov 13 with 1603 viewsVancouverHoop

How did... on 19:17 - Nov 12 by aston_hoop

Had some nice touches. Is young, is raw and is some way away from being consistent. But this is the bit we are good at. Look at what we did with Eze, with Willock, with Chair. We need to keep playing this guy and he'll be some player in a couple of seasons time, I'm certain of that.

Dozzell been with us awhile now and I'm not sure he has the speed – in brain and legs – for the Championship. He has the vision I think but at this level you don't get the time to execute he seems to need.

Richards, if given the same opportunity, stands a better chance of coming good.

[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 1:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024