Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window 14:10 - Dec 28 with 62781 viewsHullDale

Gillingham have started their business early...

January Transfer Window on 21:01 - Jan 12 with 7736 viewsAtThePeake

January Transfer Window on 18:59 - Jan 12 by jonahwhereru

See this as a replacement for Slicker. The keeper position is different to others in that a club can seek an emergency loan outside of the window. Although in EBJ I trust I do hope this signing is a very cheap option, as I would not like to think that this has dented the budget for outfield players. I suppose there is a chance Kelly could go out on loan. On a positive if Eastwood can dislodge RD I would be well pleased as I Still think RD is one of the best in the division.

There are a lot of permutations with emergency keepers though.

You can only sign them for 7 day periods at a time, can only sign them if all of your keepers that have made 5+ professional appearances are injured, the EFL can reject your application for one at any time, you can't sign them from the Premier League etc.

As others have already pointed out too, ROD is under no threat for his position at the moment and his form has dipped. Going into to the remainder of the season with just one professional keeper on the books was always going to be too risky.

Tangled up in blue.

January Transfer Window on 21:29 - Jan 12 with 7611 viewsHullDale

Its an interesting one, & a keeper wouldn't have been my 1st, 2nd or maybe even 3rd priority, but he looked decent when he was here last year and will provide competition for RoD.

It maybe blind optimism, but I'm hoping that this signing means funds are available and targets are close to becoming signings for the other areas that we desperately need.
January Transfer Window on 21:33 - Jan 12 with 7586 viewsHullDale

Gillingham really are going hard this window, as are Colchester.

Beginning to feel like its 2 from us, Hartlepool, Crawley, Harrogate & Newport for the drop.
January Transfer Window on 21:51 - Jan 12 with 7477 views442Dale

January Transfer Window on 21:33 - Jan 12 by HullDale

Gillingham really are going hard this window, as are Colchester.

Beginning to feel like its 2 from us, Hartlepool, Crawley, Harrogate & Newport for the drop.

Gillingham have to quickly start getting results, no matter how many signings they make.

Claiming they’ve signed a striker in Oli Hawkins after he’s been playing in defence for Mansfield most of the season is a strange one. Of course he can play up there but he’s not done it regularly.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

January Transfer Window on 19:19 - Jan 16 with 6443 viewsfourfourtwo

Day 16 passes by with no outfield signing…
January Transfer Window on 19:24 - Jan 16 with 6410 viewsHullDale

January Transfer Window on 19:19 - Jan 16 by fourfourtwo

Day 16 passes by with no outfield signing…

Apart from Haughton, this is the only other link I've seen. Not sure LWB would've been a priority if its true.

January Transfer Window on 19:34 - Jan 16 with 6346 viewsBrierls

January Transfer Window on 19:24 - Jan 16 by HullDale

Apart from Haughton, this is the only other link I've seen. Not sure LWB would've been a priority if its true.

Tolaji Bola has joined Bradford until the end of the season.

Genuine question for those who are in the ‘just sign anybody, we need bodies’ camp…would you have been happy with Bola signing?
January Transfer Window on 19:41 - Jan 16 with 6326 viewsEllDale

January Transfer Window on 19:24 - Jan 16 by HullDale

Left back who can also play as a left winger further up the pitch.
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window on 19:49 - Jan 16 with 6268 viewsfinberty

January Transfer Window on 19:41 - Jan 16 by EllDale

Left back who can also play as a left winger further up the pitch.

Well we need LB cover for White if he's forced to sit-out the next game or two. We could also use some width up top, ideally someone who can get the ball into the box at pace, land it on Quigley's head and Hendo / Rodney can finish it all off.

Several times per every game please.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 19:51]
January Transfer Window on 20:03 - Jan 16 with 6204 viewsNorthernDale

I would suggest we need a right back and at least one midfield player with league experience, a 19 year old with no league experience may not be the answer. The lack of movement in recruitment is a concern, yes we are skint and I accept that, like most fans. However, waiting to the end of the month or not getting people in, may be a gamble that could be the difference between staying and going down.
January Transfer Window on 20:10 - Jan 16 with 6128 viewsD_Alien

January Transfer Window on 20:03 - Jan 16 by NorthernDale

I would suggest we need a right back and at least one midfield player with league experience, a 19 year old with no league experience may not be the answer. The lack of movement in recruitment is a concern, yes we are skint and I accept that, like most fans. However, waiting to the end of the month or not getting people in, may be a gamble that could be the difference between staying and going down.

FFS ND, and for one last time, the club aren't "gambling"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

January Transfer Window on 20:11 - Jan 16 with 6131 viewsRippDale

January Transfer Window on 19:34 - Jan 16 by Brierls

Genuine question for those who are in the ‘just sign anybody, we need bodies’ camp…would you have been happy with Bola signing?

Don't think people just want signings. But it's been no secret that the squad isn't good enough and new players are needed. Plans should have been in place months ago but as usual we will sign players in the last week of the window. Maybe it's because we are bottom of the food chain but desperate times needs the boat pushing out
January Transfer Window on 20:41 - Jan 16 with 6001 viewsNorthernDale

January Transfer Window on 20:10 - Jan 16 by D_Alien

FFS ND, and for one last time, the club aren't "gambling"

I accept that gambling may not be the right term, but the fact is we need some decent players asap, in that the some of the present squad, some may most are not good enough. As some have stated, we are bottom of the food chain and this may mean us, getting in, whats left over at the end of the month, but with a crucial game at Hartlepool on Saturday and Carlisle the week after, I would like to see someone coming into midfield to give us more options, rather depending on Ball and Diagouraga.

In respect to the young lad from Burnley, whilst White is out, I think Keohane could occupy the left back role, although I would prefer to see him in midfield, whereas a right back would provide cover or an alternative to Seriki. Hopefully Jim is working to bring people in.
January Transfer Window on 21:05 - Jan 16 with 5888 viewsTVOS1907

January Transfer Window on 20:41 - Jan 16 by NorthernDale

I accept that gambling may not be the right term, but the fact is we need some decent players asap, in that the some of the present squad, some may most are not good enough. As some have stated, we are bottom of the food chain and this may mean us, getting in, whats left over at the end of the month, but with a crucial game at Hartlepool on Saturday and Carlisle the week after, I would like to see someone coming into midfield to give us more options, rather depending on Ball and Diagouraga.

In respect to the young lad from Burnley, whilst White is out, I think Keohane could occupy the left back role, although I would prefer to see him in midfield, whereas a right back would provide cover or an alternative to Seriki. Hopefully Jim is working to bring people in.

I'm fairly sure he is.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

January Transfer Window on 22:02 - Jan 16 with 5715 viewsfourfourtwo

January Transfer Window on 19:34 - Jan 16 by Brierls

I definitely don’t just want us to sign anybody.

There was so much talk about the need to bring bodies in, you would have imagined Bentley would have given his sensible, realistic list of targets to the chairman weeks, if not months ago.

I’m at the point now where I’m baffled that we are letting game after game & the entire transfer window pass us by. We need action.

Being skint is hardly new to us as a club. Are the club dragging their feet? Is this the price we’re now paying after Stockdale blew so much money like some kid in a sweet shop? Or are we back to waiting about for players who are weighing up all their options? That didn’t work when we faffed about with O’Keeffe last January.

After 16 days I think fans are now justifiably getting fed up of inactivity when you consider the dross we’ve had to endure all season.
January Transfer Window on 23:19 - Jan 16 with 5535 views49thseason

The rumour on Saturday was a keeper ( tick) a defender, a central midfielder and a forward but I suspect some are waiting for other ( better)offers or they cant move on until their replacement is signed. Lets be honest there a better places to be right now than a Spotland relegation battle, its akin to get people to sign up for the Charge of the Light Brigade. I just hope we can add a forward who can make the ball stick at the top of the pitch and give Henderson more opportunities.
January Transfer Window on 12:18 - Jan 17 with 4938 viewsAtThePeake

January Transfer Window on 20:41 - Jan 16 by NorthernDale

The other side of the 'what's left over at the end of the month' coin is that better players who haven't been fixed up elsewhere will then start to look at Dale as a more viable option than they were doing earlier in the window. As we've seen time and time again over the years. As we saw very evidently with Corey O'Keeffe returning last January. FFT claims that didn't work out, (presumably because his form dipped after January?) but in reality he's now at a L1 club and do we honestly think if we'd moved quicker to sign a RWB in his place that they'd have been a better quality player, particularly after he'd started the season so well?

Obviously the club aren't dragging their feet and if we could have signed our top target in each position on January 1st then we would have, but we don't exactly have a huge budget and don't exactly represent the most attractive proposition to a player right now, so that was never going to be the case. Getting the correct players in for the remaining three and a half months of the season is more important than getting any player in to play against Hartlepool, as big as that game may be.

Tangled up in blue.

January Transfer Window on 16:22 - Jan 17 with 4388 viewsBrierls

January Transfer Window on 12:18 - Jan 17 by AtThePeake

The other side of the 'what's left over at the end of the month' coin is that better players who haven't been fixed up elsewhere will then start to look at Dale as a more viable option than they were doing earlier in the window. As we've seen time and time again over the years. As we saw very evidently with Corey O'Keeffe returning last January. FFT claims that didn't work out, (presumably because his form dipped after January?) but in reality he's now at a L1 club and do we honestly think if we'd moved quicker to sign a RWB in his place that they'd have been a better quality player, particularly after he'd started the season so well?

Obviously the club aren't dragging their feet and if we could have signed our top target in each position on January 1st then we would have, but we don't exactly have a huge budget and don't exactly represent the most attractive proposition to a player right now, so that was never going to be the case. Getting the correct players in for the remaining three and a half months of the season is more important than getting any player in to play against Hartlepool, as big as that game may be.

This.
THIS.

It's frustrating, but it's the reality of the situation. It always has been.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 16:31]
January Transfer Window on 16:42 - Jan 17 with 4265 viewsEllDale

I wonder if the delay is because, for financial reasons, someone has to go before someone can come in?
For example if it was decided not to try and keep Quigley it meant that he had to go back to Stockport to free up his wage before a replacement could be confirmed?
January Transfer Window on 17:16 - Jan 18 with 3623 viewsHullDale

Not sure a CB is a priority, unless somebody is on their way out.
January Transfer Window on 18:53 - Jan 18 with 3377 viewsJames1980

January Transfer Window on 17:16 - Jan 18 by HullDale

Perhaps not but EEL hasn't replicated his 2018/19 form (bit harsh perhaps) Cameron John hasn't had many glowing reports, Ben Nelson is now on loan with a different. Then of course there is Max Taylor and Jim McNulty

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

January Transfer Window on 19:14 - Jan 18 with 3293 viewsfourfourtwo

January Transfer Window on 17:16 - Jan 18 by HullDale

A young, inexperienced centre half would be bottom of my list.

If we need a centre half, we need one with experience and nous.

The longer this window drags on the more likely our impending departure from the football league looks.
January Transfer Window on 08:21 - Jan 19 with 2706 viewsseasidedale

January Transfer Window on 19:14 - Jan 18 by fourfourtwo

A young, inexperienced centre half would be bottom of my list.

If we need a centre half, we need one with experience and nous.

The longer this window drags on the more likely our impending departure from the football league looks.

Thing is perhaps our first choice targets have declined to join or looking for better deals, we don’t know how many players EBJ has spoken too, even over past couple of months, one for the fans forum I think
January Transfer Window on 18:16 - Jan 19 with 2161 viewsBrierls

EBJ gives an update on Dale's transfer window in the Hartlepool preview...

(04:05 onwards)

As expected, a lot of work going on behind the scenes but no reward as yet. Small positive that we've actually made bids for players, some rejected, others waiting for a decision. It shows that there is at least some money available for what is probably nominal fees. We've missed out on some targets, again, as expected given where we are in the food chain and league position. There was no indication on when we'll see players come in, which suggests there's nothing close.
January Transfer Window on 18:22 - Jan 19 with 2143 viewsNorthernDale

In his latest comments prior to this weekends game, included that the club has made offers to players and are waiting to hear back from a couple, other signings are potentially waiting to see what offers are on the table (this includes loan signings), others have fell down due to the three club rule and crucially our league position is a factor in getting players in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024