Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington 06:30 - Jan 4 with 2430 viewsSirNose

Elephant in the room. There I said it.
Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 07:30 - Jan 4 with 2339 viewsdmm

You're not the first to say it and, like those before, you're wrong.

Also, you've chosen a strange time to post this given his MotM performance on Monday night.
Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 08:12 - Jan 4 with 2218 viewsRs_Holy

Washington
92 games for QPR and 13 goals = 1 goal every 7 games (as near as damn it).

Dykes
100 games for QPR and 26 goals = 1 goal every 3.85 games.

(Source is Wiki so obviously treated with a large pinch of salt).

Also Dykes has more potential than Washington. Washington seemed incapable of playing in a front 2 where as Dykes worked well with Charlie when he first returned to QPR.

Dykes just needs to be more consistent and play like he did the other night in most games. When he first signed I really though he could be a Niall Quinn type player.... I still think he can play that roll... He just needs consistency and the club just need to find a Kevin Phillips clone to play along side him :)
Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 08:14 - Jan 4 with 2206 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 07:30 - Jan 4 by dmm

Also, you've chosen a strange time to post this given his MotM performance on Monday night.

Yeaaahh, but, you’d still take £20m for him.

Wouldn’t you?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 08:21 - Jan 4 with 2199 viewsdmm

Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 08:14 - Jan 4 by PlanetHonneywood

Yeaaahh, but, you’d still take £20m for him.

Wouldn’t you?

Only if you include the proverbial packet of cheese and onion crisps and mars bar as well.
Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 08:39 - Jan 4 with 2130 viewsBlue_Castello

Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 08:21 - Jan 4 by dmm

Only if you include the proverbial packet of cheese and onion crisps and mars bar as well.

Whatever happened to the pork scratchings and Kirsty Gallaghers t*ts.........copyright to CW....

On a serious note I think the two players are very different and its harsh on Dykes to compare him to Washington, they have different attributes, I could never see Washington playing as a lone striker/target man whereas Dykes has the physicality to compete against powerful centre backs and win the ball. We need players to get closer to Dykes for the knock ons, some of that happened against Sheffield but it could be a lot better, Roberts in my book should be closer to him whenever there's an aerial contest.
It's obviously fair to say that Dykes does have weaknesses but he knows his strengths, it's not dribbling with the ball , in the main he leaves that to others but if he gives us a performance like Monday night every game then he's good enough, I'm sure Warnock saw a bit of Helguson on Monday night when he gave him Man of the Match....
[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 10:11]
Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 11:15 - Jan 4 with 1815 viewsnix

Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 08:39 - Jan 4 by Blue_Castello

Whatever happened to the pork scratchings and Kirsty Gallaghers t*ts.........copyright to CW....

On a serious note I think the two players are very different and its harsh on Dykes to compare him to Washington, they have different attributes, I could never see Washington playing as a lone striker/target man whereas Dykes has the physicality to compete against powerful centre backs and win the ball. We need players to get closer to Dykes for the knock ons, some of that happened against Sheffield but it could be a lot better, Roberts in my book should be closer to him whenever there's an aerial contest.
It's obviously fair to say that Dykes does have weaknesses but he knows his strengths, it's not dribbling with the ball , in the main he leaves that to others but if he gives us a performance like Monday night every game then he's good enough, I'm sure Warnock saw a bit of Helguson on Monday night when he gave him Man of the Match....
[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 10:11]

I agree and the manager, like you and many of us on the board said you need to get people around Dykes. It's obvious that's what he's been saying to the players and I imagine that's galvanised Dykes a bit. I don't blame him for getting disheartened when no one was there to pick up the flicks on that he makes on a regular basis, or be there when he holds the ball up. Chair did that a few times on Monday. Also there was no one running into the box in previous games so not much point in Dykes running to make space, taking defenders with him if no one runs in to occupy that space. On Monday players were providing that support. Crosses were also coming in quicker which meant he wasn't always having a static ball in with three defenders around him. It hasn't come off in terms of a goal yet, but it looked a whole lot more threatening than previously.

Washington just didn't have the dynamism that Dykes has. He always looked half hearted. I must admit I'm surprised at any scouts watching him and saying he's just what we need in the Championship. Dykes I can see. He's got limitations, sure, but he can be a real handful and works his guts out when he's on form, both in attack and defence.

Obviously they'll be people who slag him off whenever we lose but it's never just one player that causes us to lose. I quite understand people critiquing different players, I do it myself but just saying it all comes down to Dykes is shortsighted. Play to his strengths and he can be a real asset. Just notice how rarely he gets taken off by all three of our last three managers. If he was as limited as Washington, slotting in Bonne or Armstrong would be an upgrade!
Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 12:47 - Jan 4 with 1646 viewskernowhoop

Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 08:12 - Jan 4 by Rs_Holy

Washington
92 games for QPR and 13 goals = 1 goal every 7 games (as near as damn it).

Dykes
100 games for QPR and 26 goals = 1 goal every 3.85 games.

(Source is Wiki so obviously treated with a large pinch of salt).

Also Dykes has more potential than Washington. Washington seemed incapable of playing in a front 2 where as Dykes worked well with Charlie when he first returned to QPR.

Dykes just needs to be more consistent and play like he did the other night in most games. When he first signed I really though he could be a Niall Quinn type player.... I still think he can play that roll... He just needs consistency and the club just need to find a Kevin Phillips clone to play along side him :)

Yes, Kevin Phillips. A striker, signed by club after club, to sort out their goal-scoring problem. Not very big, but he had timing and an eye for goal. Interesting how some of the most reliable strikers have been comparatively diminuitive - Jermaine Defoe, Robbie Keane for example. Is there another one like that, somewhere among the 'undiscovered'?
Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 13:11 - Jan 4 with 1556 viewsngbqpr

Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 12:47 - Jan 4 by kernowhoop

Yes, Kevin Phillips. A striker, signed by club after club, to sort out their goal-scoring problem. Not very big, but he had timing and an eye for goal. Interesting how some of the most reliable strikers have been comparatively diminuitive - Jermaine Defoe, Robbie Keane for example. Is there another one like that, somewhere among the 'undiscovered'?

Charlie Kelman about 5'7" or 8"? ;)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 13:11 - Jan 4 with 1556 viewsHayesender

Out of sheer boredom, this thread has had me looking at stats of previous strikers.

One that surprised me was Gary Penrice, and why did we let him leave in November 95, when we were obviously short on goals that season after selling Les?

What we could do with a Penrice type player now!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 14:52 - Jan 4 with 1422 viewsSirNose

Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 07:30 - Jan 4 by dmm

Please come back snd prove me wrong when QPR win the league with Dykes and/or sell him for big money to a club in any of the top 3 divisions in the world.
Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 15:00 - Jan 4 with 1387 viewsBoston

Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 14:52 - Jan 4 by SirNose

Please come back snd prove me wrong when QPR win the league with Dykes and/or sell him for big money to a club in any of the top 3 divisions in the world.

Shadupp.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 15:50 - Jan 4 with 1263 viewsPinnerPaul

The obsession with LD is becoming a bit tiresome.

Playing one up front, shouldn't we be asking why Willock, Chair, Roberts, Tim are not contributing enough goals themselves - just as much part of the problem.

As I said previously, not many teams have a 20 goal a season striker so there has to be goals from the rest of the team.
Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 15:52 - Jan 4 with 1256 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I pains me to type this but we need to supply Dykes with the type of balls he thrives on otherwise he cannot possibly succeed .
Its impossible to count how many times QPR players did not send in the cross Monday instead dicking around and losing the chance.
Battling against 2 or 3 giants with his back to their goal is a losing proposition lets get him attacking their box causing havoc.
Or play Armstrong alongside him to bring the havoc and let Dykes pick up the pieces.
We need goals badly otherwise this malaise will roll on
Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 15:53 - Jan 4 with 1253 viewskernowhoop

Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 13:11 - Jan 4 by ngbqpr

It would be wonderful if he were to be the answer.
Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 15:59 - Jan 4 with 1233 viewsPinnerPaul

Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 13:11 - Jan 4 by ngbqpr

He's definitely nearer 5' 7" than just 8"......................Sorry!
Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 16:11 - Jan 4 with 1187 viewsTonto

Lyndon Dykes = Connor Washington on 14:52 - Jan 4 by SirNose

please come back when you have read R Holy's statistical proof that you are wrong and/or understand that we didn't win the league and/or sell Washington for 20M, so your comparison is ludicrous.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024