Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guitar playing thread 13:58 - Jan 19 with 27837 viewsBluce_Ree

*Now includes bassists*

I know there's a few of us on here. Would be interesting to know what you're up to (as opposed to this just being a lot of youtube vids of good guitarists).

What guitars do you have? What style do you play? How do you practice?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2023 14:30]

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Guitar playing thread on 22:34 - Jul 11 with 506 viewscolinallcars

Guitar playing thread on 22:26 - Jul 11 by ted_hendrix

This might help, btw I went to a 'workshop' thingy at a guitar store In Newbury yonks ago and Albert Lee was there.

AL at Norms Rare Guitars.

'Preciate it Ted….I'll check that out.
I remember Albert saying some people might think that pedal is “cheating” but if you play one bum note the whole thing falls apart !
Edit..he's quite something is he not ?!!
I saw Hank Wangford at the Half Moon in Putney and his gittar player Andy Roberts used that delay.
There's a band called Highway 101 whose guitarist achieves the glassiest Strat sound I've heard.
[Post edited 11 Jul 23:42]
Guitar playing thread on 08:43 - Jul 12 with 424 viewsBluce_Ree

I'm not into Country at all but Albert's playing is so tasty. He's on another level.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Guitar playing thread on 09:14 - Jul 12 with 414 viewsozexile

Anyone on here got an SG? I picked up an Epiphone standard cherry 60's SG and it was beautiful. Always resisted them for some reason as I'm not keen on the shape.Anyone else play a different model.?
Guitar playing thread on 16:39 - Jul 12 with 334 viewsdmm

A little guitar lesson from the much loved and much missed Wilko Johnson. It would have been his birthday today.

Guitar playing thread on 17:56 - Jul 12 with 292 viewscolinallcars

Guitar playing thread on 09:14 - Jul 12 by ozexile

Anyone on here got an SG? I picked up an Epiphone standard cherry 60's SG and it was beautiful. Always resisted them for some reason as I'm not keen on the shape.Anyone else play a different model.?

My first proper guitar in the late 60s was an SG from a shop ( Bell's ), in Ewell Surrey. I got a green bus ,anyone remember them ? on a Saturday morning from Hammersmith. I'd had a skinful the night before so had to get off at Tolworth to spew up.
Got the SG home and didn't like it at all. Phoned the shop and they said bring it back and swap for a 335. Much better, had it for years. Eventually traded it in for a lovely old Strat at TW Music in Fulham
Guitar playing thread on 20:41 - Jul 12 with 259 viewsSonofpugwash

Perfect for playing slide.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Guitar playing thread on 22:29 - Jul 12 with 233 viewsted_hendrix

I had a Cherry Red Gibson SG Tribute I purchased brand new last year for £999.00.
They are the base model USA made SG, I cant tell a lie I never really got on with It and I sold It earlier this year.
Nothing wrong with the guitar, playability was fine It was just me I had a 'silly moment' In the shop and bought It.
I'm not a great fan of Gibson guitars (love the history though) back In the 90's I had a Gibson Les Paul Classic fitted with 57 PAF's that sounded Incredible but weighed a ton and was subsequently P/Xd against a Fender Custom Shop Heavy Relic Telecaster, (I just couldnt help myself).
That Fender Custom Shop Heavy Relic Telecaster was loaned by me to a guitarist that I knew and has been used since in a few recordings, he hassled me until I agreed to sell It to him.

Expensive hobby BTW.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Guitar playing thread on 01:20 - Jul 13 with 209 viewsozexile

Guitar playing thread on 22:29 - Jul 12 by ted_hendrix

I had a Cherry Red Gibson SG Tribute I purchased brand new last year for £999.00.
They are the base model USA made SG, I cant tell a lie I never really got on with It and I sold It earlier this year.
Nothing wrong with the guitar, playability was fine It was just me I had a 'silly moment' In the shop and bought It.
I'm not a great fan of Gibson guitars (love the history though) back In the 90's I had a Gibson Les Paul Classic fitted with 57 PAF's that sounded Incredible but weighed a ton and was subsequently P/Xd against a Fender Custom Shop Heavy Relic Telecaster, (I just couldnt help myself).
That Fender Custom Shop Heavy Relic Telecaster was loaned by me to a guitarist that I knew and has been used since in a few recordings, he hassled me until I agreed to sell It to him.

Expensive hobby BTW.

Hey Ted, that's interesting cause I had a Epiphone Les Paul classic that played beautifully but again was too heavy. Thanks for the SG Story. What's your go to guitar now?
Login to get fewer ads

Guitar playing thread on 01:21 - Jul 13 with 208 viewsozexile

Guitar playing thread on 17:56 - Jul 12 by colinallcars

My first proper guitar in the late 60s was an SG from a shop ( Bell's ), in Ewell Surrey. I got a green bus ,anyone remember them ? on a Saturday morning from Hammersmith. I'd had a skinful the night before so had to get off at Tolworth to spew up.
Got the SG home and didn't like it at all. Phoned the shop and they said bring it back and swap for a 335. Much better, had it for years. Eventually traded it in for a lovely old Strat at TW Music in Fulham

Lovely story. They do seem to be an acquired taste.
Guitar playing thread on 10:19 - Jul 13 with 152 viewsted_hendrix

Guitar playing thread on 01:20 - Jul 13 by ozexile

Hey Ted, that's interesting cause I had a Epiphone Les Paul classic that played beautifully but again was too heavy. Thanks for the SG Story. What's your go to guitar now?

''What's your go to guitar now?''

This one Its everything you'd want It to be.

FENDER AMERICAN VINTAGE II 1957 STRATOCASTER ELECTRIC GUITAR IN VINTAGE BLONDE

Features Pure Vintage '57 Single-Coil Strat® pickups. Includes vintage-style hard case.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024