Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Marathon 15:41 - Mar 2 with 5135 viewsFearless

(Clive, if this is against any rules, please feel free to delete)

Hi all, as some of you will know I’ve been on a bit of health kick for the past couple of years and am planning for this to culminate in running the London 2023 Marathon on St George’s Day (23/04)

I’ll be running on behalf of the Salavation Army, so if anyone would like to make a donation, that would be greatly appreciated

Cheers, Ian

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Ian-Furey2?utm_campaign=lc_frp_share_tran
London Marathon on 17:55 - Mar 2 with 4960 viewselnombre

Done!

Any runners who do not know, there is a QPR Runners Strava club and a Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/QPR.Runners, chock-full of wise and experienced athletes. And Clive.

The bar must be quite low, cos they let me in...
London Marathon on 19:03 - Mar 2 with 4877 viewsSuperhoops2808

Mrs Superhoops didnt get in via the ballot, so she is volunteering on the BHF stand. If you are wearing a hoops shirt she will give you a cheer

Also, the FB running page for QPR is very good. We met several at Brighton Half last year
London Marathon on 23:42 - Mar 2 with 4640 viewsNorthernr

London Marathon on 17:55 - Mar 2 by elnombre

Done!

Any runners who do not know, there is a QPR Runners Strava club and a Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/QPR.Runners, chock-full of wise and experienced athletes. And Clive.

How dare you.
London Marathon on 08:02 - Mar 3 with 4419 viewsStevenageRanger

London Marathon on 17:55 - Mar 2 by elnombre

Done!

I am a member of the Strava group! Always forget to check it though. Just had a quick look and 113 of us reside there. Going to try and make more effort to engage.
London Marathon on 13:41 - Mar 3 with 4237 viewsFearless

Many thanks guys! 👍🏃‍♂️
London Marathon on 14:14 - Mar 3 with 4215 viewsthame_hoops

Ian, did you run the Ealing half marathon last September by any chance, wearing a QPR shirt?
London Marathon on 14:40 - Mar 3 with 4209 viewsFearless

London Marathon on 14:14 - Mar 3 by thame_hoops

Ian, did you run the Ealing half marathon last September by any chance, wearing a QPR shirt?

Not me Thame Hoops.
I’ve done 4 half marathons at Watford (where I live) Battersea, Victoria and Richmond Parks

Doing the Olympic Park one on Sunday

Won’t be wearing the hoops on the big day either, as I’ll be in the Sally Army Striders vest
London Marathon on 14:55 - Mar 3 with 4198 viewsPlanetHonneywood

London Marathon on 14:40 - Mar 3 by Fearless

Not me Thame Hoops.
I’ve done 4 half marathons at Watford (where I live) Battersea, Victoria and Richmond Parks

Won’t be wearing the hoops on the big day either, as I’ll be in the Sally Army Striders vest

What?!!!

Get those Hoops on fella, only way to do it.

Good luck and enjoy it. It's the best day in the sporting calendar.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

London Marathon on 15:25 - Mar 3 with 4159 viewsthame_hoops

London Marathon on 14:40 - Mar 3 by Fearless

Not me Thame Hoops.

Aha ok.. my mate is a Reading fan who lives in Berkshire, he said he ran it and a guy in front of him was wearing a QPR jersey….As he was running along, people would shout out ‘you R’s’ and my mate said he used it for motivation and pretended they were doing it for Reading ha ha
London Marathon on 13:21 - Mar 4 with 4034 viewsSuperhoops2808

London Marathon on 14:14 - Mar 3 by thame_hoops

Dixie may know who that was

He knows most that do the races from the FB page
London Marathon on 18:10 - Mar 4 with 3992 viewsMoonshineSteve

Nice one Ian. It's a great day out, I'm jealous. QPR Runners Facebook group is friendly if you use FB.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

London Marathon on 17:19 - Mar 5 with 3898 viewsFearless

London Marathon on 18:10 - Mar 4 by MoonshineSteve

Nice one Ian. It's a great day out, I'm jealous. QPR Runners Facebook group is friendly if you use FB.

Thanks! I’ll take a look

There was a QPR Runner at the London Half at the Olympic Park today, so I gave him a “You R’s!”
London Marathon on 17:55 - Mar 5 with 3873 viewsSuperhoops2808

Mrs Superhoop ran the Dartford Half today. Trust me when I say that is a tough course!!
London Marathon on 21:23 - Apr 23 with 3558 viewsFearless

Unfortunately, I couldn’t run today due to a tendon injury, so had to defer to 2024.
Went to watch some friends though, great day out.

Thanks again for the donations

Hopefully be back out there in next couple of weeks
London Marathon on 04:49 - Apr 24 with 3304 viewsdixiedean

There’s a regular group of us who run the Ealing Half every year and run in the Hoops . Chris K is an ever- present ( and usually manages to blag the number 10 race number!) and I think we had Peter G , James, Sindy, Jas and maybe others. Do join the group- all levels are on there. We’re mainly fun runners. I was with Chris At London yesterday at mile 20 and we had a few reciprocal You Rs !
London Marathon on 10:49 - Apr 24 with 3112 viewsRBlock

London Marathon on 04:49 - Apr 24 by dixiedean

There’s a regular group of us who run the Ealing Half every year and run in the Hoops . Chris K is an ever- present ( and usually manages to blag the number 10 race number!) and I think we had Peter G , James, Sindy, Jas and maybe others. Do join the group- all levels are on there. We’re mainly fun runners. I was with Chris At London yesterday at mile 20 and we had a few reciprocal You Rs !

I was there yesterday with Jas, supporting my other half, and there was certainly one runner in a QPR shirt we saw. Gave a big URRRRs when he came past at a about miles 12 and 22.
London Marathon on 11:39 - Apr 24 with 3080 viewsslmrstid

I saw just the one QPR shirt yesterday at the marathon too and yelled "You R's!" at him

Also a member of the QPR Runners group here, and have met a few of them over the years. We did a group parkrun at Wormwood Scrubs once many years ago, and then a handful of us got a free place at a 10k organised by the Fulham Trust at Craven Cottage...to be honest it was probably the worst organised race I've ever done!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024