Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre-Brum 01:48 - Mar 16 with 3188 viewsstainrods_elbow

What on God's green earth would you be doing if you were Ainsworth? What would you be saying?

And who would you play?

Give the 11, or the bulk of them, who did themselves credit vs Watford then disgraced themselves v Blackpool three days later an opportunity to redeem themselves? Make wholesale changes, depending on who can run around on two legs right now? Play the kids in retaliation? Something in between?

In an ideal world, for any number of reasons, I'd be hooking Dieng, Drewe, one/both of Dickie and/or Dunne, Iroegbunam, Dozey, and Lowe. It's thin pickings, but for me I'd start Jojo, Uncle, Balogan (if back from the dead), Chair (if he can manage 60m at least), Richards (if his boot laces are secure), Paal (if not sulking/suffering from the vapours) and Laird (see Paal). Go back to three at the back and play three up. What could possibly go wrong?

Ergo,

Archer
Paal Dunne/Dickie/Balogan Laird
Kakay Jojo Field
Chair/Richards
Dykes Martin Armstrong *

* If Gubbins is worth a try, and GA is feeling brave enough, throw him in!
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 6:08]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Pre-Brum on 17:04 - Mar 16 with 2926 viewsthemodfather

maybe try an Olly and get a few fans in to talk to the players about how much the club means to them/us , the efforts we go too for a game etc
Pre-Brum on 17:45 - Mar 16 with 2878 viewsdaveB

interesting interview here

Pre-Brum on 18:02 - Mar 16 with 2844 viewsdaveB

Pre-Brum on 17:04 - Mar 16 by themodfather

maybe try an Olly and get a few fans in to talk to the players about how much the club means to them/us , the efforts we go too for a game etc

I'd take the emotion out of it and be working all day on defending set pieces and working on team shape without the ball. I think that will have a bigger impact than talking about how much the club means etc
Pre-Brum on 18:04 - Mar 16 with 2843 viewsqpr_1968

Pre-Brum on 17:04 - Mar 16 by themodfather

better still, let a few fans play.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Pre-Brum on 18:05 - Mar 16 with 2825 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

If I was Ainsworth I would be sipping on Grandpas old medicine, while reciting the Lords pray. I would also play The Imperial Death March from Empire Strikes Back on my Casio keyboard.
Pre-Brum on 18:15 - Mar 16 with 2802 viewsDiscodroids

ahhh QPR V Birmingham city ...

The atari 2600 isn't it mmmm Marvellous.. Insect like creatures, Yars revenge... those were the days .. where's me washboard, mmmm marvellous.

[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 18:58]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Pre-Brum on 20:26 - Mar 16 with 2672 viewsHayesender

Pre-Brum on 17:45 - Mar 16 by daveB

interesting interview here

6.05 into that is quite worrying, where the interviewer says something about fire in the belly, and GA replies with "hope so".

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Gareth didn't seem overly confident imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Pre-Brum on 20:58 - Mar 16 with 2594 viewscolinallcars

A lot of days coming up - St Pat's day, Ukraine day, Mother's day, National Gallbladder Awareness day - surely something for us on Saturday ?
Login to get fewer ads

Pre-Brum on 20:58 - Mar 16 with 2598 viewsTacticalR

I think he's doing the only thing he can do, which is to try to get the best out of the players he's got. He hasn't got a lot of options.

Beale has holed us below the waterline with the players he has brought in. Except for Tim they have all disappeared.

Our most creative players Willock and Chair are injured.

The goal is just to keep us up. Let's not loose sight of that.

Air hostess clique

Pre-Brum on 21:26 - Mar 16 with 2538 viewsBoston

"Captain Ainsworth, Captain Ainsworth"'
"What in gods name is it, Midshipman Chair?"
"It's the Birmingham, sir, just over the horizon"
"So soon"!
"Hard to port, full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes".

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pre-Brum on 22:22 - Mar 16 with 2455 viewscolinallcars

Pre-Brum on 21:26 - Mar 16 by Boston

"Captain Ainsworth, Captain Ainsworth"'
"What in gods name is it, Midshipman Chair?"
"It's the Birmingham, sir, just over the horizon"
"So soon"!
"Hard to port, full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes".

Line the decks with loblolly men, we're expecting casualties !
Pre-Brum on 22:55 - Mar 16 with 2380 viewsWegerles_Stairs

He won't drop Dieng. Les won't let him as he's a saleable asset, so needs to be in the shop window.

Any changes are dependent on who's available - if Paal and Chair are fit, then you bring them back in.

We clearly have to play Tim as much as possible else there's a financial penalty, so he starts.

Logically, you'd expect Richards to be in the running for a start but that clearly won't happen (God knows why).

The sicknotes won't be back, so unless Gubbins plays, it's Dickie and Dunne again.

I'd be tempted to start with Armstrong but I think he'll stick with the same three up front.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 22:58]
Pre-Brum on 01:40 - Mar 17 with 2206 viewsFredManRave

Pre-Brum on 20:58 - Mar 16 by colinallcars

A lot of days coming up - St Pat's day, Ukraine day, Mother's day, National Gallbladder Awareness day - surely something for us on Saturday ?

Brummed in the Gob Day.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Pre-Brum on 16:04 - Mar 17 with 1943 viewsdaveB

Pre-Brum on 22:55 - Mar 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

He won't drop Dieng. Les won't let him as he's a saleable asset, so needs to be in the shop window.

Any changes are dependent on who's available - if Paal and Chair are fit, then you bring them back in.

We clearly have to play Tim as much as possible else there's a financial penalty, so he starts.

Logically, you'd expect Richards to be in the running for a start but that clearly won't happen (God knows why).

The sicknotes won't be back, so unless Gubbins plays, it's Dickie and Dunne again.

I'd be tempted to start with Armstrong but I think he'll stick with the same three up front.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 22:58]

Dieng will play as he's out best keeper, nothing to do with Les

Also Tim tends to play as he is available every week unlike our own players
Pre-Brum on 16:10 - Mar 17 with 1922 viewsDamo1962

Pre-Brum on 16:04 - Mar 17 by daveB

Dieng will play as he's out best keeper, nothing to do with Les

Also Tim tends to play as he is available every week unlike our own players

And he has scored our last two goals at LR.
Pre-Brum on 16:32 - Mar 17 with 1890 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I don't have a problem with Tim starting as we haven't got anyone better and he has at least been available all the time. He's clearly far more effective going forward though, so needs to be played high up. If Field's in defence, that leaves the question of who sits deep in midfield, which is a real problem as Johansen is not fit and Dozzell is ineffectual. I think midfield is the weakest area of our team, which is saying something.

Disagree about Dieng, but he obviously won't be dropped, whatever the reasons.
Pre-Brum on 16:47 - Mar 17 with 1849 viewsmacclesfieldman

If Gubbins is not considered an option when our defence is averaging 3 goals per game under GA then why has he got a contract?
My XI (assuming Laird, JCS & Balogan are still dead)
Archer
Kakay Gubbins Stef Dunne Paal
Field Amos
Armstrong Martin Dykes

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024