Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armstrong 17:13 - Mar 18 with 2719 viewsPetros

Our most effective forward right now, by a distance. Why is he playing 15 minutes?
Armstrong on 17:30 - Mar 18 with 2567 viewsbellomatic

100% agree.

He’s so dynamic and energetic, it always looks like he might make something happen. I’m sure he lifts the team.

Plus, he’s very entertaining… and on this current run of form we’ve got to grasp any crumbs of pretty much anything
Armstrong on 17:32 - Mar 18 with 2543 viewsqpr_1968

just got back.....
you are 100% right.......he was on for 18 minutes plus injury, my motm.
the game completeley changed when he came on....swapping wings and everything.

that was one thing i got out of this poor game.

the other was the worst throw in i've ever seen.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Armstrong on 17:34 - Mar 18 with 2497 viewsbosh67

Armstrong on 17:32 - Mar 18 by qpr_1968

just got back.....
you are 100% right.......he was on for 18 minutes plus injury, my motm.
the game completeley changed when he came on....swapping wings and everything.

that was one thing i got out of this poor game.

the other was the worst throw in i've ever seen.

I think he's great but he doesn't actually score goals.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Armstrong on 17:35 - Mar 18 with 2473 viewstraininvain

Makes you wonder why he wasn’t on sooner or starting. Dykes and Martin is too blunt. Armstrong adds something different.
Armstrong on 17:37 - Mar 18 with 2459 viewsqpr_1968

Armstrong on 17:34 - Mar 18 by bosh67

nor did anyone else today.....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Armstrong on 17:42 - Mar 18 with 2381 viewsWegerles_Stairs

We spent 75 minutes booting it out of play or onto the heads of the Birmingham defence. Very poor from Ainsworth today - they were better in the air than us, so why persist?

Then lo and behold, last 15 minutes we actually looked dangerous with Armstrong running behind the defence.
Armstrong on 17:44 - Mar 18 with 2372 viewsted_hendrix

He's just a kid ffs, and that's all we've got some poor bloody kid who's trying his best to learn his trade whereas the rest of the lazy f ucking leeches who are wearing our once proud shirt drain our fast diminishing resources by being either bastard useless or just plain SHYTE.

What a useless shower they are and the best thing Armstrong can do Is get the f ck out of this rat infested club before we ruin the poor bastard.

Bastards

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Armstrong on 17:50 - Mar 18 with 2284 viewsbosh67

Armstrong on 17:44 - Mar 18 by ted_hendrix

He's just a kid ffs, and that's all we've got some poor bloody kid who's trying his best to learn his trade whereas the rest of the lazy f ucking leeches who are wearing our once proud shirt drain our fast diminishing resources by being either bastard useless or just plain SHYTE.

What a useless shower they are and the best thing Armstrong can do Is get the f ck out of this rat infested club before we ruin the poor bastard.

Bastards

I may be reading this wrong Ted, but I'm taking it your not happy?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Armstrong on 17:59 - Mar 18 with 2208 viewsStanisgod

Nor do Dykes or Martin hardly, but he does cause havoc which is more than those two today.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Armstrong on 18:46 - Mar 18 with 2043 viewsted_hendrix

Armstrong on 17:50 - Mar 18 by bosh67

I may be reading this wrong Ted, but I'm taking it your not happy?

I despair I honestly do but of course I should know better.

Come back and berate me by all means If I'm proved wrong but when they scored even so early In the game I knew It was all over and by all over I mean we were finished (relegated).

I've done all the relegations you can think of but none of them will be as bad as this one, with this FFP thing hanging over us too.

Never did we look like scoring today, It just goes on and on.

Armstrong on 18:53 - Mar 18 with 1967 viewsHantsR

Just back - Armstrong was indeed the only bright spot, but that only provided me with the evil that is hope, never optimism.
Armstrong on 19:29 - Mar 18 with 1834 viewsderbyhoop

He's played in 16 games and is yet to score a single goal.

If he is the answer, at this stage of his career, then people are asking the wrong question.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Armstrong on 20:10 - Mar 18 with 1661 viewsbosh67

Armstrong on 18:46 - Mar 18 by ted_hendrix

I despair I honestly do but of course I should know better.

Come back and berate me by all means If I'm proved wrong but when they scored even so early In the game I knew It was all over and by all over I mean we were finished (relegated).

I've done all the relegations you can think of but none of them will be as bad as this one, with this FFP thing hanging over us too.

Never did we look like scoring today, It just goes on and on.

I feel your pain Ted.

But this is QPR.

Scenario 1. We lose every game until the last three and for some inexplicable reason win the last 3 up stay up.
Scenario 2. We go down and sell off our better players either for not that much money or do the usual and terminate agreements.
Scenario 3. We limp over the line this season some how, rebuild, come out and find that we are a much better team, do really well and then get hit with a huge points deduction because of our finances next season and get relegated with a much better team.
Scenario 4. We go down and then get further stuffed with a points deduction next season.
Scenario 5. We wake up, Bobby Ewing is in the shower and it was all a dream.

I'm going for 5.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 20:11]

Never knowingly right.

Armstrong on 20:16 - Mar 18 with 1606 viewsDamo1962

Armstrong on 19:29 - Mar 18 by derbyhoop

If he is the answer, at this stage of his career, then people are asking the wrong question.

This.
Armstrong on 20:25 - Mar 18 with 1570 viewsted_hendrix

Armstrong on 19:29 - Mar 18 by derbyhoop

I don't think for one minute anybody said he was the answer, he's still learning his trade.

We're skint, got no money, got no forwards.

Armstrong on 20:45 - Mar 18 with 1488 viewswesty

GA needs to realise you cannot play two lumps like Dykes and Martin together. It’s basics tbh. You may as well have 1 up front as a target and then get players around and beyond him. Just lumping it to two very similar types isn’t going to get you anywhere unless you get lucky. I’m a massive GA fan and really want him to succeed and I know he can’t control the injury list but tbh today was a shambles against a very poor side.
The problem I see is that we haven’t got the players available right now to play any other way other than get it up top and at least try and play in their half if only to keep it away from our fragile defence. Armstrong whilst not great in front of goal has shown he is at least willing to break sweat. So would at least take a bit of defending against.
I don’t believe that GA only has one way of playing but right now he’s not doing much to disprove that theory but that’s more to do with who’s available to play I suppose.
Unless we can get some out of the treatment room and onto the pitch I think we are in for a torrid next month or so.
Maybe the break will help it bloody well needs to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024