Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Midfield 12:16 - Apr 2 with 3098 viewsParkRoyalR

Posters regularly call out our defence and arguably rightly so given the amount of individual mistakes by some of our defenders, but, no-one would really argue that Kakay (and Drewe obviously) are 1st choice picks,

Posters call our our Goalkeeper (harsh imo) and our attack, but our attack has been built last couple of years on two mobile 10's playing off Dykes, but our Midfield...

Posters rarely call out our Midfield, which Field's obvious defensive qualities aside, has been non-existent this season and urgently needs a solution before the upcoming games,

Dropping Chair back into the midfield is an obvious solution, maybe in that deep-lying role Johansen played to good effect last year, not ideal, but this team needs a spark in the engine room and I can't see too many other options.
Our Midfield on 12:51 - Apr 2 with 2977 viewsWatford_Ranger

Johansen’s supposed leadership has left a lot to be desired for much of his time here but particularly so now. Dread to think what we’re paying him.

Dozzell is nearly 24 with 150 career appearances. I think you’ll struggle to find a less effective player in any position in the league. Another million down the drain.

Can probably count Tim’s good performances on one hand. Still think he’ll go on to have a good career.

Field has probably been our player of the season (lol) and overall he’s been just about ok.
Our Midfield on 13:03 - Apr 2 with 2948 viewsNorthernr

Yup. Whenever Brian and I talk, it always quickly comes back to "you don't win many games while losing the midfield".
Our Midfield on 13:11 - Apr 2 with 2907 viewsstevec

So what we seem to be saying is..
The defence is shit
The attack is shit
And the midfields shit

Would I be right in thinking we might be in a spot of bother?
Our Midfield on 15:54 - Apr 2 with 2773 viewsDamo1962

Our Midfield on 13:11 - Apr 2 by stevec

The defence is shit
The attack is shit
And the midfields shit

No one, and I mean no one gets off without blame. They are all culpable, in one way or another.
Our Midfield on 15:56 - Apr 2 with 2784 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our Midfield on 13:11 - Apr 2 by stevec

The defence is shit
The attack is shit
And the midfields shit

Don’t forget the goalkeeper.
Our Midfield on 19:29 - Apr 2 with 2620 viewsQPRSteve

I've felt for a long while that our midfield is lacking in quality. Field is the only one worth keeping. JoJo is obviously well past his best, Amos has shown flashes of ability but is never fit and Dozzell rarely imposes himself on the game. How many goals has Tim cost us this season while he learns the game at our expense? I guessing that it outweighs his contribution in terms of goals and assists.

Let's hope that Ainsworth has spotted a potential Ale Faurlin waiting to be snapped up in the lower leagues!
Our Midfield on 20:34 - Apr 2 with 2534 viewsEalingHoop81

As I believe Bryan Clough said (or something like this) ….if you are conceding goals at one and and not scoring at the other, the problem is midfield…….been our problem for a while….all the way back to when Holloway had to play Hall in front of the back 4 to have a chance of getting a result
Our Midfield on 21:46 - Apr 2 with 2452 viewsdaveB

Field gets a vit of a free pass because he's less crap than the rest but we've hardly won a game since he came back from injury last season

The midfield is so poor as is the rest of the team
Login to get fewer ads

Our Midfield on 22:37 - Apr 2 with 2368 viewsParkRoyalR

Our Midfield on 21:46 - Apr 2 by daveB

Field gets a vit of a free pass because he's less crap than the rest but we've hardly won a game since he came back from injury last season

Field gets a pass as you say as he never gives less that his absolute best whenever he puts on our shirt.

If the same could be said of half a dozen of his team-mates each week I'm sure he'd be on the winning side more often.
Our Midfield on 03:41 - Apr 3 with 2238 viewsDamo1962

Our Midfield on 21:46 - Apr 2 by daveB

This. We don't have a mid-field worthy of the name.
Our Midfield on 13:49 - Apr 3 with 2005 viewsdaveB

Our Midfield on 22:37 - Apr 2 by ParkRoyalR

Field gets a pass as you say as he never gives less that his absolute best whenever he puts on our shirt.

If the same could be said of half a dozen of his team-mates each week I'm sure he'd be on the winning side more often.

He does try his best and a shoe in for player of the year but he's not been very good this season
Our Midfield on 14:01 - Apr 3 with 1971 viewsNorthernr

See if you can spot a midfield here. Prizes available as always...

Our Midfield on 14:35 - Apr 3 with 1893 viewsenfieldargh

First time ive watched the pen invident again, he could have left him the bloke would probably have run the ball out of play

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Our Midfield on 15:05 - Apr 3 with 1834 viewsTheChef

Our Midfield on 19:29 - Apr 2 by QPRSteve

I've felt for a long while that our midfield is lacking in quality. Field is the only one worth keeping. JoJo is obviously well past his best, Amos has shown flashes of ability but is never fit and Dozzell rarely imposes himself on the game. How many goals has Tim cost us this season while he learns the game at our expense? I guessing that it outweighs his contribution in terms of goals and assists.

Let's hope that Ainsworth has spotted a potential Ale Faurlin waiting to be snapped up in the lower leagues!

We could still use a retired Faurlin playing on one leg!

But this is the problem, other than Field no one else has been fit enough or consistently good enough to play alongside him.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Our Midfield on 17:06 - Apr 3 with 1709 viewsQPROslo

Our Midfield on 15:05 - Apr 3 by TheChef

We could still use a retired Faurlin playing on one leg!

But this is the problem, other than Field no one else has been fit enough or consistently good enough to play alongside him.

I think Tim has been consistently good enough recently to play a little in front of Field in central midfield, and a whole lot better than Stefan. Hope that whatever "knock" he got with England under 20's doesn't keep him out any onger than the game he already missed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024