Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
management 22:57 - Jun 30 with 4096 viewsdigswellhoop

we've have Gareth how about we brihng a a warnok type to assist him like crystal Palace hodgeson as no1 then mould to the club
management on 23:03 - Jul 1 with 1048 viewsPunteR

management on 18:43 - Jul 1 by E15Hoop

You really have run out of anything worthwhile to contribute to this discussion and probably any other, haven't you..

Run out..? I haven't even started yet. Carry on though mate with your blind optimism, i like it, reminds me of when i was 12 supporting QPR.
Good for you sport.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

management on 23:08 - Jul 1 with 1031 viewsPunteR

management on 19:09 - Jul 1 by westy

Oh dear. I remember the after affects of my first shandy. Sleep it off sweet cheeks, have a bacon sarnie when you wake up and all will seem normal again.
You never know you may even grow into a lager with a large top.
Wouldn’t that be an achievement 🙈

C'mon mate , me and you both know its not my first shandy.
Good advise on the bacon sarnie bit.
No idea what "you never know you may even grow into a lager with a large top." means though.?
Are your knees hurting?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

management on 23:54 - Jul 1 with 963 viewswesty

management on 23:08 - Jul 1 by PunteR

C'mon mate , me and you both know its not my first shandy.
Good advise on the bacon sarnie bit.
No idea what "you never know you may even grow into a lager with a large top." means though.?
Are your knees hurting?

How dare you madam.
My knees are all good. Part of the job
management on 10:52 - Jul 2 with 819 viewsE15Hoop

management on 20:34 - Jul 1 by davman

Serious Q though E15 - where do you think we will finish this season?

I like to see positivity in others as I seem devoid of it when it comes to the Rs, but I think you are doing the internet classic of taking an opposing view to the majority and an equally extreme one.

I remain convinced we will be one of the worst teams in the league this season based on the majority of these players capitulating horrendously over the last two seasons. I see very few goals in the squad and a defence that will end up having to rely on the same players, less Dickie, who shipped over 70 goals last season. Dickie will be replaced by Gubbins as things stand and it looks like Seny will be on his way.

Yes, its early days, but unless we see another 10 players of first team quality in the next six weeks, I cannot see anything but 24th in this league.

How do you see the rest of the window, pre-season and then the season panning out?

Despite what some of the posters on this site would have you believe, Dav, I'm not coming at this from a position of "blind optimism" or "naivety" or all the other bollox that is being thrown my way on a regular basis.

I'm well aware that there are still a whole set of variables such as player acquisition, freak injuries and how well the other clubs in this division deal with their own individual issues to factor in to any equation before I could attempt to give you a worthwhile answer to your questions. There are also other posters on the site who are closer to player comings and goings than I am, so I won't even attempt to give you any thoughts on who might be coming in or leaving besides what's been debated on other threads already.

I do, however, believe you can take clear comfort from several things:

Player turnover so far has been very positive, and I think the majority of posters across the site agree with this. Smyth and Larkeche are good quality acquisitions who have been brought in with a clear purpose in mind and both add pace, energy and quality to what we had previously. I don't think anyone would dispute that Larkeche is a significant upgrade on Hamalainen for example.

Dykes signing a contract extension has to be seen as good news and is a sign of intent that we're going to fight either to hold on to our players or at least to get a reasonable fee if they are going to be moved on.

The decision not to offer Chris Martin a contract extension is interesting, considering how highly he was talked up by GA for his contributions both on and off the pitch. You would have to think that there's a clear alternative in mind.

By far the most important element to factor in, I believe, is something that it seems to me no-one is talking about. Both Ainsworth and Dobson have talked frequently about emotional intelligence and its impact on players. By treating the players as whole people, understanding how they think as well as how they perform physically, this management team has been able to pull performances out of players on a regular basis that have gone beyond what those individual players themselves even believed they were capable of. You'll find plenty of evidence on YouTube from Ade Akinfenwa, Matt Bloomfield. Jordon Ibe, Matt Phillips amongst others to support this. This is how you build a healthy culture and a team that's prepared to run through brick walls for each other, and is something that GA alluded to in his 18 min interview on the official channel a few weeks ago. If we're going to have a fully firing Taylor Richards this season as one obvious example, this is going to be particularly important and maybe that's already happening, if his recent piece on the official channel is anything to go by.

In addition, as several others besides myself have already said, GA gets a bad rap continually from people who want to stereotypically label him as one-dimensional in terms of his tactical set-up. Given the fact that he changed our set up to secure the Burnley win, and even before that had secured a valuable point away at West Brom using a different set-up, it doesn't even make sense to debate that. He believes he has a clear vision for this squad for this season, and the player turnover so far seems to back that up.

How all of this translates into final league position is obviously far too early to tell, but my point is simply that GA and RD are obviously well aware of the issues that need addressing and it seems to me are already consciously trying to tackle them head on and come up with practical solutions. This can only be good news, and I suspect already puts us in a stronger position than several other clubs in the division.
management on 11:06 - Jul 2 with 794 viewsRangersw12

management on 10:52 - Jul 2 by E15Hoop

Despite what some of the posters on this site would have you believe, Dav, I'm not coming at this from a position of "blind optimism" or "naivety" or all the other bollox that is being thrown my way on a regular basis.

I'm well aware that there are still a whole set of variables such as player acquisition, freak injuries and how well the other clubs in this division deal with their own individual issues to factor in to any equation before I could attempt to give you a worthwhile answer to your questions. There are also other posters on the site who are closer to player comings and goings than I am, so I won't even attempt to give you any thoughts on who might be coming in or leaving besides what's been debated on other threads already.

I do, however, believe you can take clear comfort from several things:

Player turnover so far has been very positive, and I think the majority of posters across the site agree with this. Smyth and Larkeche are good quality acquisitions who have been brought in with a clear purpose in mind and both add pace, energy and quality to what we had previously. I don't think anyone would dispute that Larkeche is a significant upgrade on Hamalainen for example.

Dykes signing a contract extension has to be seen as good news and is a sign of intent that we're going to fight either to hold on to our players or at least to get a reasonable fee if they are going to be moved on.

The decision not to offer Chris Martin a contract extension is interesting, considering how highly he was talked up by GA for his contributions both on and off the pitch. You would have to think that there's a clear alternative in mind.

By far the most important element to factor in, I believe, is something that it seems to me no-one is talking about. Both Ainsworth and Dobson have talked frequently about emotional intelligence and its impact on players. By treating the players as whole people, understanding how they think as well as how they perform physically, this management team has been able to pull performances out of players on a regular basis that have gone beyond what those individual players themselves even believed they were capable of. You'll find plenty of evidence on YouTube from Ade Akinfenwa, Matt Bloomfield. Jordon Ibe, Matt Phillips amongst others to support this. This is how you build a healthy culture and a team that's prepared to run through brick walls for each other, and is something that GA alluded to in his 18 min interview on the official channel a few weeks ago. If we're going to have a fully firing Taylor Richards this season as one obvious example, this is going to be particularly important and maybe that's already happening, if his recent piece on the official channel is anything to go by.

In addition, as several others besides myself have already said, GA gets a bad rap continually from people who want to stereotypically label him as one-dimensional in terms of his tactical set-up. Given the fact that he changed our set up to secure the Burnley win, and even before that had secured a valuable point away at West Brom using a different set-up, it doesn't even make sense to debate that. He believes he has a clear vision for this squad for this season, and the player turnover so far seems to back that up.

How all of this translates into final league position is obviously far too early to tell, but my point is simply that GA and RD are obviously well aware of the issues that need addressing and it seems to me are already consciously trying to tackle them head on and come up with practical solutions. This can only be good news, and I suspect already puts us in a stronger position than several other clubs in the division.

"The decision not to offer Chris Martin a contract extension is interesting, considering how highly he was talked up by GA for his contributions both on and off the pitch. You would have to think that there's a clear alternative in mind."

Highlight of the summer for me so far is not signing that cart horse as gives me small bit of hope it won't be 442 and hoofing like last season

Still think relegation is odds on with the management team and budget but at least adding more pace in the team will make us harder to play against .

We also 100% need a DOF for numerous reasons that have been done to death , main issue we had with it was that we didn't implement it correctly and as usual went in half arsed
[Post edited 2 Jul 2023 11:09]
management on 11:42 - Jul 2 with 743 viewsfrancisbowles

management on 11:06 - Jul 2 by Rangersw12

"The decision not to offer Chris Martin a contract extension is interesting, considering how highly he was talked up by GA for his contributions both on and off the pitch. You would have to think that there's a clear alternative in mind."

Highlight of the summer for me so far is not signing that cart horse as gives me small bit of hope it won't be 442 and hoofing like last season

Still think relegation is odds on with the management team and budget but at least adding more pace in the team will make us harder to play against .

We also 100% need a DOF for numerous reasons that have been done to death , main issue we had with it was that we didn't implement it correctly and as usual went in half arsed
[Post edited 2 Jul 2023 11:09]

I think the DOF position will be left vacant and Ainsworth will be given control of who we try to sign, with assist from Belk and his team and Hoos controlling the financial side of every deal.

They will then reassess in the latter part of next season.

It's another reduction to the budget which is needed for this coming season but not so vital for 24/25.

We don't know what happened with Martin. I seem to recollect that he was one that they were still talking to when the season finished as opposed to Balogun who they said was leaving. Maybe they couldn't agree on wages and he can get a better overall deal at Swindon or wherever he ends up. Additionally, Dykes signing makes the need for numbers of strikers less than it could have been.

I think we need to be realistic and accept that we will be playing a long ball game, at least the majority of the time. If we can play it we'll, great, if we can mix it up a bit, even better. We must play to the strengths of the players that we end up with.
management on 15:37 - Jul 2 with 616 viewsderbyhoop

management on 17:48 - Jul 1 by stainrods_elbow

With LF's departure, the DoF 'model' should be junked. It hasn't worked at QPR, palpably, so why would that necessarily change if he's replaced? The only pity is that Belk, Ramsey and their consistently failing colleagues haven't followed him out the door.

Meanwhile, there's no doubt going to be a lot of pressure on Ainsworth's and Dobson's shoulders, so let's hope they'll thrive on it.

Codswallop.
The DOF model is exactly what QPR need. An interface between the board who don't know the game and the football side. It needs to cover scouting & recruitment. Also ensure we get away from what manager wants, manager gets".

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

management on 15:58 - Jul 2 with 602 viewsE15Hoop

management on 15:37 - Jul 2 by derbyhoop

Codswallop.
The DOF model is exactly what QPR need. An interface between the board who don't know the game and the football side. It needs to cover scouting & recruitment. Also ensure we get away from what manager wants, manager gets".

I don't understand the assertion that "what manager wants, what manager gets" is a universal rule to be avoided at all costs.

What about if the manager is actually making sensible long-term decisions, and its the DoF who's obseessed with "making a name fior himself" by pushing the boat out to get a star signing who's disruptive for the dressing room culture and blows the transfer budget apart expressly against the manger's wishes?

I'm not suggesting that's definitely ever happened at LR under Les Ferdinand's watch, but imagine a situation where a DoF decided to get Zlatan Ibrahimovic in for example thinking that the fans would worship the DoF as a "hero" but destroying the team spirit that the manager has worked so hard to create.
Login to get fewer ads

management on 17:49 - Jul 2 with 513 viewsHastings_Hoops

management on 17:48 - Jul 1 by stainrods_elbow

With LF's departure, the DoF 'model' should be junked. It hasn't worked at QPR, palpably, so why would that necessarily change if he's replaced? The only pity is that Belk, Ramsey and their consistently failing colleagues haven't followed him out the door.

Meanwhile, there's no doubt going to be a lot of pressure on Ainsworth's and Dobson's shoulders, so let's hope they'll thrive on it.

One thing any business needs is consistency and identity.

In football terms a coach/manager is an ‘implementer’ and cannot dictate identity (unless they are in position for a significant period of time eg Ferguson - very rare these days).

With the director of football model, it is essential that the DoF has relative autonomy to implement the owner’s strategy (identity). I don’t think we’ve had this at QPR as Ferdinand (And Hoos) only had snippets of ‘a model’ and short periods of autonomy to implement ‘the model’.

Without a DoF model, we will rely on consistency of leadership from the owners in their recruitment of new coaches/managers… this is unlikely and frankly hasn’t happened to date. Without a consistent hands-on approach from the owners, we do therefore need a DoF/CEO - and PLEASE can the owners let them be DoF / CEO this time!

In essence - DoF model is sensible. QPR STILL haven’t run a true DoF (or CEO) model yet.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2023 18:09]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024